There are 148 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

What's Your Confidence Level in Colin Kaepernick?

What's Your Confidence Level in Colin Kaepernick?

why was McNabb listed as a possiblility. That is the worst case scenario ever. I would rather Gore be our starting QB than McNabb and thats not a joke.
I think he can ball in a few years. This kid has some potential. I just hope it pans out for once.
It is good to see how every here is an expert on talent evaluation. Kap was bad in preaseason last year, so that means he is still bad and can't be an NFL Qb now?
Originally posted by JeuSF49:
He has a problem that Alex had, he throws every ball fast and hard. The biggest improvent that Alex made teh last year was that he leanred how to throw a touch pass. in 2010 he would have never compelted the passes to Staley, Sopoaga and Miller maybe 1/3.

He's a smart guy but has to learn to throw passes with touch and learn how to read defences before teh snap, the windows are much smaller, the offence is much more complicated hen the pistol.

I do not think he's quite ready, if Harbaugh thought he was Alex would have been let go.
All things that can be practiced and learned....
Originally posted by AKfanster:
I was really expecting to see Smith get alot better this season. Year 2 in the offense and all.......

Maybe Harbaugh thinks Smith has reached his peak and won't get any better than what we saw last season..? This whole Manning thing just seems a little off. It doesn't make sense IMO. Manning pretty much is his own OC and I don't see Harbaugh defering to him.....I just don't think they'll mesh well....

I don't think Manning would want to be his own OC. I am sure he would rather not work on a caches schedule. In Indy, be had to do it. And JH doesn't have a big ego because he has multiple play callers already.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by AKfanster:
I was really expecting to see Smith get alot better this season. Year 2 in the offense and all.......

Maybe Harbaugh thinks Smith has reached his peak and won't get any better than what we saw last season..? This whole Manning thing just seems a little off. It doesn't make sense IMO. Manning pretty much is his own OC and I don't see Harbaugh defering to him.....I just don't think they'll mesh well....

I don't think Manning would want to be his own OC. I am sure he would rather not work on a caches schedule. In Indy, be had to do it. And JH doesn't have a big ego because he has multiple play callers already.
this, it was all fine and dandy when he was 25-35 but now as his career is winding down it would be better for him not to have so much duties.
10 out of 10

It's not so much how confident I am in CK but how confident I am in Harbaugh. The man knows his QBs. CK has all the physical tools... big, strong arm, athletic... with Harbaugh coaching him up on the mental game... wow.

Every reason to think that he will be better than Andy Dalton considering he's had a year to sit and watch.
Originally posted by TalkinBoutWILLIS:
why was McNabb listed as a possiblility. That is the worst case scenario ever. I would rather Gore be our starting QB than McNabb and thats not a joke.

Noob - not as a starter, but as a veteran pure backup QB
Originally posted by BobS:
Where is the undecided, not enough information option? Any of you confident in him are going on blind faith. He hasn't shown anything yet, putting up average numbers in preseason against guys who are now bagging groceries shows nothing, and I doubt much was learned from his 5 regular season passes. Looking good against the competition Nevada plays means nothing. Also even Bill Walsh drafted dud QBs he was high on. QB is the hardest position to draft for, plain and simple.
Even some of the eventual NFL greats struggled their first two years, it usually takes 3 years to develop a QB, CK has been here one year and didn't play in any real game situations.


This!

We have (fans and coachs) no clue as to what type of qb Kaps is gonna turn out to be in the NFL.

In the preseason last year he showed some promise but also showed his inexperience.

The pace of a regular season game with a full D installed and coming to kill the qb is a huge difference from practice drills or the preseason.

Our TO ratio will take a crap for 2 years and that was a very big reason for our push into the playoffs this year!

We can all hope but there is a scrap pile of qb's that came out of college full of potential but never made it.

We are playing with fire! I sure hope something positive breaks today.
Originally posted by Ajanke:
I think he can ball in a few years. This kid has some potential. I just hope it pans out for once.

From what little we saw of him last season and preseason, he seems to have a rocket arm. Not the greatest acurracy though, but that can develop in time. I liked his running ability, but seems to not have the pocket presence of a starter.

It would be nice to let him sit one more year and learn the playbook.
Has all the physical attributes.

I really haven't seen enough to be sure.

I feel he'd really struggle at outset. Not enough to take us all thhe way at this point.
Originally posted by JayDAche:
Alex Smith was never anything special...
We have nowhere to go but up...

I'd say he either meets or surpasses Alex's numbers.


I agree 100%! No one believes me, but Colin Kaepernick is going to be our starter next year Alex or not!
0 til i see him play
Originally posted by THEB:
He doesnt have a long windup, he just has a non traditional windup.


it is nontraditionally long
Originally posted by hofer36:
Originally posted by THEB:
He doesnt have a long windup, he just has a non traditional windup.


it is nontraditionally long

LOL