LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 233 users in the forums

What's Your Confidence Level in Colin Kaepernick?

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What's Your Confidence Level in Colin Kaepernick?

Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Originally posted by jreff22:
Anyone who doesn't believe in Kaep doesn't believe in JH. jH is very good at proving people wrong. Nolan on the other hand, acquired Alex Smith.

That's a stupid statement. Kap with 2 full years under Jim I trust, Kap right now I don't trust.

This isn't the 70's where college or NFL QBs didn't pass as much and required more development time. Most of these guys should be ready by their second year.

Should be and is ready are different He is going to have his first TC this year which will be a major tool for his progression. He isnt getting the one on one treatment during the season, that happens during camp. Right now the risk is too high to start him.

Meh. I will take Kaep development this year over Alex mr. Freeze 299.

actually my confidence level is pretty high. i think harbaugh sees a lot in him and he knows better then me
I was really expecting to see Smith get alot better this season. Year 2 in the offense and all.......

Maybe Harbaugh thinks Smith has reached his peak and won't get any better than what we saw last season..? This whole Manning thing just seems a little off. It doesn't make sense IMO. Manning pretty much is his own OC and I don't see Harbaugh defering to him.....I just don't think they'll mesh well....
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Kaep makes *every* throw and has blazing speed. My confidence level is high

Looks like a CFL offense. This guy is not going to be ready yet for our playbook.
i do not feel confident handing over a 14-4 super bowl contender to a guy who throws only 1 speed (one of the matts said this today) has a long windup to get rid of the ball and had only 5 career pass attempts
  • THEB
  • Veteran
He doesnt have a long windup, he just has a non traditional windup.
Equivalent to his playing time
  • GORO
  • Veteran
Kaepernick first game in college was impressive. Sure this is the NFL but after watching a year and his very competive nature I believe after eight games of starting we will all agree that he is the answer. Alex Smith has steadily improved but he always finds away to keep from throwing 300 or more yards, he at times holds the ball to long. Not a smith hater but we were really bad on third down effeciency.
  • BobS
  • Veteran
Where is the undecided, not enough information option? Any of you confident in him are going on blind faith. He hasn't shown anything yet, putting up average numbers in preseason against guys who are now bagging groceries shows nothing, and I doubt much was learned from his 5 regular season passes. Looking good against the competition Nevada plays means nothing. Also even Bill Walsh drafted dud QBs he was high on. QB is the hardest position to draft for, plain and simple.
Even some of the eventual NFL greats struggled their first two years, it usually takes 3 years to develop a QB, CK has been here one year and didn't play in any real game situations.
Originally posted by fan49:
he made huge mistakes in preseason last year against 3rd stringers. i cant see it yet. i know hell be good but, not ready in any way shape or form, no way hell meet alex numbers hell throw way more than 5 picks

That was when he had only a couple weeks of practice and no offseason. Now he has a whole year under Harbaugh and the coaching staff under his belt. I am sure there are improvements.

• Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
I'm confident he can go 1-13 on 3rd down conversions.
  • THEB
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Willisfn4life:
That was when he had only a couple weeks of practice and no offseason. Now he has a whole year under Harbaugh and the coaching staff under his belt. I am sure there are improvements.

Not to mention the freakin playbook wasnt at all implemented yet.
He has a problem that Alex had, he throws every ball fast and hard. The biggest improvent that Alex made teh last year was that he leanred how to throw a touch pass. in 2010 he would have never compelted the passes to Staley, Sopoaga and Miller maybe 1/3.

He's a smart guy but has to learn to throw passes with touch and learn how to read defences before teh snap, the windows are much smaller, the offence is much more complicated hen the pistol.

I do not think he's quite ready, if Harbaugh thought he was Alex would have been let go.
he really needs at least 1 more year under this offense to adjust IMO
he really needs at least 1 more year under this offense to adjust IMO
Share 49ersWebzone