There are 85 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The "Cohn" Thread

Originally posted by eastie:
I refuse to click on anything Press Democrat until this imposter of a journalist is fired.....

yup

Originally posted by MarkD:
The quickest way to get him fired is to ignore his writing. The more you complain the more popular his writing is perceived by his boss etc.

yup

Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Grant is a master at creating juicy article titles, but he is an utter failure at delivering quality content.

Aaaaaaaand yup.

I haven't read anything by him since the AD business, and I'm not missing a bit of news. His MO is to take one quote that is reported by everyone else, isolate it, sensationalize it, write an over-the-top, misleading headline, and publish it as a separate post. Less content per click gets him more clicks, and his prostitute bosses are eating it up.

Just don't click. You won't miss anything. This stuff works. It got rid of Padecky.
My FB conversation with Maiocco...

Nicholas Sheldon Grant Cohn is saying Perrish Cox & AJ Jenkins are struggling in camp. Your thoughts on these two guys?

Matt Maiocco ‎ I wouldn't say either one is struggling. Jenkins is exactly what I expected. He's doing OK, but certainly not great. I can't imagine him replacing Crabtree, Moss or Manningham, so I don't believe he'll be suiting up much as a rookie. Cox has been pretty good, actually. I have him in the lead for the fourth CB job.
Originally posted by NickSh49:

Nicholas Sheldon Grant Cohn is saying Perrish Cox & AJ Jenkins are struggling in camp. Your thoughts on these two guys?

Matt Maiocco ‎ I wouldn't say either one is struggling. Jenkins is exactly what I expected. He's doing OK, but certainly not great. I can't imagine him replacing Crabtree, Moss or Manningham, so I don't believe he'll be suiting up much as a rookie. Cox has been pretty good, actually. I have him in the lead for the fourth CB job.

Can you ask MM to punch Grant in the face for the webzone.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by NickSh49:

Can you ask MM to punch Grant in the face for the webzone.

Erm... maybe?
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Hehe... I accidentally sent my complaint e-mail to somebody in my address book who isn't with the PD. Total derp moment.
  • bors
  • Veteran
still wont click on the democrat
Originally posted by bors:

yup. I feel confident that I am not missing any content by avoiding the Clohns. It would be nice to have a legit writer over at the PD, though.
Originally posted by WRATHman44:

yup. I feel confident that I am not missing any content by avoiding the Clohns. It would be nice to have a legit writer over at the PD, though.

Yah I made the mistake of clicking on his link last week but it will never happen again.

Webmaster should think about not posting his articles on this site.
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by WRATHman44:

Yah I made the mistake of clicking on his link last week but it will never happen again.

Webmaster should think about not posting his articles on this site.

+1
27 pages about this piece of s**t, we should all be ashamed of ourselves lmao
I thought his early articles were great. I was excited to have another good beat writer to read. Over time, I feel the quality of his work has declined. I will occassionally read his articles now, but it's not the "must read" that it was before.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
I just found an old article making fun of Grant Cohn.
lol

http://ruthlesssports.blogspot.com/2012/05/blogging-vs-beat-writing-grant-cohn.html?spref=tw&m=1

Its actually a pretty good article. Not sure if anyone posted it here already but I completely agree with him
  • sfout
  • Veteran
I loled when I noticed the PD was posting Associated Press articles, gotta be a bad sign when they have to resort to the AP for link clicks.I seriously think Cohn will be fired before this season is over.
anthony davis 'shrieked' lol
Maybe I'm jealous because my Daddy didn't get me a job or hand me a half billion dollar company. This town and nepotism.

Does anyone think Dick Nolan would have reached the level of HC, had his Dad not paved his way?

Jed York's (see below before you blast me) first move is to make a LB coach the HC when he previously never reached the level of OC/DC?
Sound like a competent ownership move?

Grant: See Lowell. Grant hasn't even established his own style, Lowell always went for controversy, lil Grant seems so similar.

(With Jed getting Baalke and Harbaugh - Jed York now seems to me like the seconding coming of Eddie D. and I have near "man-love" for Jed now).
[ Edited by OldJoe on Aug 10, 2012 at 2:24 PM ]