There are 314 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The "Cohn" Thread

Lets talk about Anthony Davis' twitter some more
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Originally posted by Brazilian49er:
Anthony Davis is an immature child. Anyone that follows his tweets know this. He uses foul words, writes in a language that for the life of me I can't understand and makes comments that I'd find embarassing in a 5-year old. That's why he took offense over such a harmless sentence

Now, I have a problem with GC actually engaging in a battle of wits with him. He should have just written his article, reported the fact that Davis got upset and be done with it.

People criticizing Cohn for not breaking any news don't have a clue about what his job is. He, Kawakami and Lowell Cohn are not beat writers. Their job is to give opinions. You may not like them but that's what they're paid to do. You guys want Cohn fired for doing his job? Please. Maiocco and Barrows are beat writers. They have to report the news and keep their personal opinions to a minimum (which they do). Comparing Cohn to Maiocco or Barrows is like comparing a car to a microwave oven.

So I agree with Susweel, AD should get off twitter. He is not smart enough to safely use it.

I agreed that Cohn has a different type of theme to his article. But why is he using that job forum to get personal with a player. Have an opinion on the team and to some extent its players and coaches regarding football and abilities. But to write in response to whatever was discussed between the two that really has nothing to do with football is just unprofessional. He could have easily have a back and forth with Davis on his Twitter and leave it at that. The whole thing is petty. I personally have no stakes in either of their butt hurt attitude. To have it included in his article is a waste of time of even a quality rant. At least Kawakami is creative in his rant of coaches and the team and the occasional jabbing. In other words there's substantial rants regarding the team then there's little girl rants. Cohn is of the later.

Agree wholeheartdly with the bolded.
Originally posted by JiksJuicy:
Anthony Davis is an immature child. Anyone that follows his tweets know this. He uses foul words, writes in a language that for the life of me I can't understand and makes comments that I'd find embarassing in a 5-year old. That's why he took offense over such a harmless sentence

Now, I have a problem with GC actually engaging in a battle of wits with him. He should have just written his article, reported the fact that Davis got upset and be done with it.

People criticizing Cohn for not breaking any news don't have a clue about what his job is. He, Kawakami and Lowell Cohn are not beat writers. Their job is to give opinions. You may not like them but that's what they're paid to do. You guys want Cohn fired for doing his job? Please. Maiocco and Barrows are beat writers. They have to report the news and keep their personal opinions to a minimum (which they do). Comparing Cohn to Maiocco or Barrows is like comparing a car to a microwave oven.

So I agree with Susweel, AD should get off twitter. He is not smart enough to safely use it.

Readers and players have a right to their opinions too. Just doing our job as readers and using our God given rights to say he sucks. Were entitled to our opinion to grant,ad and fans alike. America f**k yeah!

Not disputing that. But AD tweets are obnoxious. Anyone who reads them knows what I'm talking about. In this day and age and with Goodell watching everybody's moves, that's very dangerous.
Cohn said Kaepernick is mad too, i guess I missed it but what did Kaep tweet?
For a group of people that hate him so much, you sure do promote his articles quite a bit.
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:

He retweeted an Anthony Davis tweet and tweeted something about having his boy's back.
Originally posted by AmpLee:
Originally posted by WookieOftheYear:

He retweeted an Anthony Davis tweet and tweeted something about having his boy's back.

The situation makes an interesting case study to see how social media competes and inter mingles with traditional media (blog from a newspaper official website).

The pen is mightier than the sword because it can influence the masses in a unique fashion.

Twitter has taken this power from the news paper industry and handed it to the masses (democratic revolts in the middle east recently were historic in how news breaks)

This beef is funny because Cohn was offended that Davis had his own pen to strike back at an unflattering article. A member of the press upset at first amendment expression is ironic.

The stakes increased when Grant used his position at the PD to continue feuding rather than keep it to his private Twitter account.

This invokes an agency link between this stupid feud and his employer.

Fascinating to watch this train wreck. Can't wait for what happens next

I think thats where youll find a problem with people. You mustve read a thousand blogs from say a Ratto, or Lowell Cohn, Monty Poole, Kawakami as well. As youve correctly stated theyre more opinionists than beat writers. Its actually very easy to distinguish between them as you rarely see ratto and the like attend a press conference, training camp, practice etc unless its a big deal or even or game coming up. Usually because they comment on a variety of things not just 49er football.

What you should also notice is Grant Cohn is there ALL the time. ala Maiocco, Barrows etc. hes there at training camp, practices, offseason camped out. Thats the definition of a beat writer. Little dude blurs the lines and moves to opinions all the time which is a nono
  • WWFGD
  • Veteran
I'm pretty sure Anthony Davis is my favorite 49er...guy is awesome.
Originally posted by buck:
The conflict with the Cohns has gotten crazy.

Cohn the younger's latest article on the writing contest seems and the elder's claim that Harbaugh lied to him seem to violate standards of good journalism.

But, the 49ers need to make sure that problems do not extend to other journalists.

In my estimation, the weakest part of Harbaugh's skill set is dealing with the media. He needs to better control his impatience and frustrations.

The team needs to set some standards on tweeting for team members. Davis, in particular, needs to stop his tweeter battles.

Harbaugh seems cordial enough with the rest of the media.

I mean he even made a friendly bet on Boone's height with Maiocco during a recent media session and while he isn't as media savvy as a Ditka I haven't heard of problems with other journalists.

I think it's just a Cohn that rubs people the wrong way because Singletary also had to sit down and chat with Cohn to hash things out so it's not like it's only Harbaugh that's had a problem with Cohn.
There are two big distinctions between Grant and AD, their jobs. AD can tweet whatever the F he wants, his job is football plain and simple. He can tweet what ever he wants, no one is looking to him for anything ground breaking or informative.

Grant on the other hand is looked to to provide input on the team that we as fans cant get. Now he is using his press pass to be a shock jock beat writer, calling players babies and sadly thinks he is correct 100% of the time.

Look at the comments on any of his articles... the only people that post anything positive about his writing are his friends from back in college. Go and post something negative and you'll have 2 or 3 more pretentious pr!cks responding with how great Grant is and reference his college term papers as proof lol.

IMO Grant is the epidomy of fake and ghey.
The Cohns take things way too personally.

Lowell vs Sing
Lowell vs Harbs
Grant vs AD

You sure you're not talking about Anthony DIXON?
Agree the PD has become a farce...once Matt M left it was all over. He was smart to get out when he did...CSN Bay ARea is going very strong these days. L. Cohn is an unfunny joke...you can see where Grant gets his schtick.