There are 111 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The "Cohn" Thread

This story is turning into a massive train wreck...but I can't turn away!

Wonder what the PR response will be on Monday...

Hard to imagine PD keeping little Cohn around if the 49ers blacklist him.
F**k this obnoxious little spoiled egomaniac.*

*See articulated reasoning in the parking lot thread on the same subject.
[ Edited by mug0mug on May 14, 2012 at 4:52 AM ]
  • buck
  • Veteran
The conflict with the Cohns has gotten crazy.

Cohn the younger's latest article on the writing contest seems and the elder's claim that Harbaugh lied to him seem to violate standards of good journalism.

But, the 49ers need to make sure that problems do not extend to other journalists.

In my estimation, the weakest part of Harbaugh's skill set is dealing with the media. He needs to better control his impatience and frustrations.

The team needs to set some standards on tweeting for team members. Davis, in particular, needs to stop his tweeter battles.

Does Cohn actually even report anything?

When you aren't insightful, the only thing left for you is to incite.
I reason to follow either Cohn....AD should just ignore dude.
Anthony Davis is an immature child. Anyone that follows his tweets know this. He uses foul words, writes in a language that for the life of me I can't understand and makes comments that I'd find embarassing in a 5-year old. That's why he took offense over such a harmless sentence

Now, I have a problem with GC actually engaging in a battle of wits with him. He should have just written his article, reported the fact that Davis got upset and be done with it.

People criticizing Cohn for not breaking any news don't have a clue about what his job is. He, Kawakami and Lowell Cohn are not beat writers. Their job is to give opinions. You may not like them but that's what they're paid to do. You guys want Cohn fired for doing his job? Please. Maiocco and Barrows are beat writers. They have to report the news and keep their personal opinions to a minimum (which they do). Comparing Cohn to Maiocco or Barrows is like comparing a car to a microwave oven.

So I agree with Susweel, AD should get off twitter. He is not smart enough to safely use it.
Originally posted by Brazilian49er:

Their job is to give opinions. You may not like them but that's what they're paid to do. You guys want Cohn fired for doing his job?

Not every opinion is of equal merit. When Grant Cohn writes, he sounds like a guy writing for a high school newspaper and certainly doesn't sound like a professional. He should lose his job because he isn't good. Plain and simple. When you do your job poorly, you probably should look into a different profession.

Don't forget, Grant got his job because of nepotism, not because he was some renowned writer.
Westside?!
Anthony Davis is an immature child. Anyone that follows his tweets know this. He uses foul words, writes in a language that for the life of me I can't understand and makes comments that I'd find embarassing in a 5-year old. That's why he took offense over such a harmless sentence

Now, I have a problem with GC actually engaging in a battle of wits with him. He should have just written his article, reported the fact that Davis got upset and be done with it.

People criticizing Cohn for not breaking any news don't have a clue about what his job is. He, Kawakami and Lowell Cohn are not beat writers. Their job is to give opinions. You may not like them but that's what they're paid to do. You guys want Cohn fired for doing his job? Please. Maiocco and Barrows are beat writers. They have to report the news and keep their personal opinions to a minimum (which they do). Comparing Cohn to Maiocco or Barrows is like comparing a car to a microwave oven.

So I agree with Susweel, AD should get off twitter. He is not smart enough to safely use it.

I agreed that Cohn has a different type of theme to his article. But why is he using that job forum to get personal with a player. Have an opinion on the team and to some extent its players and coaches regarding football and abilities. But to write in response to whatever was discussed between the two that really has nothing to do with football is just unprofessional. He could have easily have a back and forth with Davis on his Twitter and leave it at that. The whole thing is petty. I personally have no stakes in either of their butt hurt attitude. To have it included in his article is a waste of time of even a quality rant. At least Kawakami is creative in his rant of coaches and the team and the occasional jabbing. In other words there's substantial rants regarding the team then there's little girl rants. Cohn is of the later.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on May 14, 2012 at 7:17 AM ]
Originally posted by JeuSF49:
Grant Cohn's blogs are terrible. He had samoe good stuff during the season, but as soon as the offseason started it turned into garbage.

Reading him whine like a little girl when the Niners didn't take his draft crush Coby Fleener was hilarious. He's a joke.
Another thing I've noticed about him...he's not very open to different ideas. He seems to think he's an authority on things, when he's really not. He offers opinions, which are all well and good, but he gets carried away with them. We all have opinions, but I think most of us at least try to offer some reasonable rationale for them. I'd say don't read his stuff...the more who do and comment on his articles, the more blatant he seems to get.

Readers and players have a right to their opinions too. Just doing our job as readers and using our God given rights to say he sucks. Were entitled to our opinion to grant,ad and fans alike. America f**k yeah!
actually i'm pretty sure grant cohn is a BEAT WRITER, his dad isn't but GRANT IS A BEAT WRITER who doesn't understand what being a beat writer is
Good beat writers:

Matt Maiocco
Can Inman
Eric Branch
Matt Barrows
Dan Brown

Horrible beat writers:
Michael Erler
Grant Cohn

Erler and Cohn are young guys who don't seem to realize the professionalism that needs to be displayed. There was one young guy Samuel Lam who I thought did a good job but he's moved on to bigger better things...why? because he did a good job

note: kawakami and lowell are not beat writers neither is ratto so they aren't included here
[ Edited by iLL49er on May 14, 2012 at 8:26 AM ]
Originally posted by RedWaltz24:

Their job is to give opinions. You may not like them but that's what they're paid to do. You guys want Cohn fired for doing his job?

Not every opinion is of equal merit. When Grant Cohn writes, he sounds like a guy writing for a high school newspaper and certainly doesn't sound like a professional. He should lose his job because he isn't good. Plain and simple. When you do your job poorly, you probably should look into a different profession.

Don't forget, Grant got his job because of nepotism, not because he was some renowned writer.

I wasn't judging the merit of his opinions. Just saying that giving opinions is his job.

And I said that I didn't like the fact that he kept mocking AD through his blog. That was unprofessional, no argument from me.