There are 96 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

The "Cohn" Thread

Originally posted by kronik:
I dont know why teh webzone keeps posting links to his blog. Wonder if the zone gets paid for it

lol It's the 48erswebzohn.com
hey where is 109368 or whoverver the hell he is
http://www.bayareasportsguy.com/grant-cohn-anthony-davis-and-job-security/

In recent months, Grant has taken on his father's persona in the worst possible way. When Lowell throws stones, at least there's history to fall back on. All Grant has is Lowell and that Press Democrat blog made famous by Maiocco and Branch. He's taken his platform and used it to write posts so nonsensical (the 49ers should trade for Tebow?) that it was as if Grant was writing not what he actually believed, but what he believed would generate more pageviews. It was as if the Democrat said, "Hey, Lowell's kid writes in their basement and he's cheap, let's give him a try."
I dislike the Cohns.

Some guys criticize when it's necessary, like Kawakami, and I respect/appreciate that, but both Grant and Lowell Cohn criticize and often have baseless comments. My most recent example is when Grant Cohn BLASTED Harbaugh and Baalke for passing on Coby Fleener. I would think PFWA's Executive of the Year, the NFL Coach of the Year, and a coaching staff that has personally coached Fleener for a few years would know whether or not he was worth their first round pick.

Considering that there were no GLARING holes in our team, and that no one we drafted in the first round (except maybe a guard) is likely to win a starting role.

They always post articles/blogs like that, and I don't even bother reading their opinions. I think Maiocco, Barrows, and Kawakami have the best read on the team, and only really read what they have to say.
you guys care waayy too much about one s**tty writer
I've stopped going to the PD site until changes are made.
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:
you guys care waayy too much about one s**tty writer

Eh, I can see their point. It would be one thing to be upset about it just because he's being an ass, but the fact that somebody with actual talent and journalistic integrity could have that press pass instead is a pretty valid reason to care, IMO.
Anthony Davis found some hilarious pictures of Cohn...

LINKO
  • Wodwo
  • Veteran
Originally posted by RishikeshA:
I've stopped going to the PD site until changes are made.

I stopped months ago.
I posted the following on his blog. My goal is to make him cry.

Please neuter yourself. I mean literally neuter yourself and then auction your testicles on ebay for future gender transformation hopefuls. You do not deserve them any more. When reading this post, you may be telling yourself that you should just shrug this off and that you are better than this. Please, don't mistake the modicum of a back bone you have acquired from standing up to an NFL player that could eat you for breakfast and the blatant nepotism that you got you this job in the first place as any real self esteem. You are annoying, not authentic, and most of all you are an embarrassment to both the 49ers and (as unbelievable as this may sound since your dad is also a terrible journalist) your dad.

Based on the quality of your writing, it is clear that your only qualification for this job is the content of your DNA which, unfortunately, is derived from that of your talentless father. The fact that he had enough testosterone to produce enough working sperm to impregnate a female is a miracle of modern science to those of us out there who are reading this blog and wondering how the hell you got a job. But then again, the fact that you were spawned from deformed and crippled sperm does explain a lot.

PS: The same personal qualities that caused you to pose in this photo are the same reasons that you should neuter yourself and start your future career as the fashion industry's first taint model.

http://lockerz.com/s/208880209

AD is just killin this dude lol

^^^ what a ass clown
Originally posted by Frank_The_Tank:
Cohn is at best a mediocre writer, whom should not be covering the niners or nfl at all. Dude is a douche, no wonder niners pr staff wont let him talk to players anymore.

Go Niners,
The Tank

lol did the PR staff really say this? link?
Grant Cohn's blogs are terrible. He had samoe good stuff during the season, but as soon as the offseason started it turned into garbage.
Originally posted by norcal49er864:
I posted the following on his blog. My goal is to make him cry.

Please neuter yourself. I mean literally neuter yourself and then auction your testicles on ebay for future gender transformation hopefuls. You do not deserve them any more. When reading this post, you may be telling yourself that you should just shrug this off and that you are better than this. Please, don't mistake the modicum of a back bone you have acquired from standing up to an NFL player that could eat you for breakfast and the blatant nepotism that you got you this job in the first place as any real self esteem. You are annoying, not authentic, and most of all you are an embarrassment to both the 49ers and (as unbelievable as this may sound since your dad is also a terrible journalist) your dad.

Based on the quality of your writing, it is clear that your only qualification for this job is the content of your DNA which, unfortunately, is derived from that of your talentless father. The fact that he had enough testosterone to produce enough working sperm to impregnate a female is a miracle of modern science to those of us out there who are reading this blog and wondering how the hell you got a job. But then again, the fact that you were spawned from deformed and crippled sperm does explain a lot.

PS: The same personal qualities that caused you to pose in this photo are the same reasons that you should neuter yourself and start your future career as the fashion industry's first taint model.

http://lockerz.com/s/208880209

Jesus christ people need to chill the f**k out... You should be embarrassed for putting this on the internet.