There are 76 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Rock Cartwright?

Originally posted by toeshawn:
I ain't even excited

Not a sexy pick up, but solid none the less. This guy will continue to keep our ST solid, plus he gives us insurance in case Ginn doesn't come back.
[ Edited by DynastyPart2 on Mar 15, 2012 at 9:08 PM ]
  • buck
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 10,144
Originally posted by DynastyPart2:
Originally posted by toeshawn:
I ain't even excited

Not a sexy pick up, but solid none the less. This guy will continue to keep our ST solid, plus he gives us insurance in case Ginn doesn't come back.

I think it is a good signing, but how in Hades does he provide insurance in case Ginn doesn't come back?
  • cools
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 1,329
This guy will be a Costanzo type guy, not a Ginn

Though im sure he can return kicks if needed, but it will remind us more of Michael Robinson returning kicks then Ginn

I think Cox and/or Hunter may be the one who takes over for Ginn

Im more worried about who will be our PR, Im not sure Cox, or any other current Niners can handle that job
Originally posted by buck:
Originally posted by DynastyPart2:
Originally posted by toeshawn:
I ain't even excited

Not a sexy pick up, but solid none the less. This guy will continue to keep our ST solid, plus he gives us insurance in case Ginn doesn't come back.

I think it is a good signing, but how in Hades does he provide insurance in case Ginn doesn't come back?
Rock Cartwright averaged 24.0 yards per kick return when he was with the Redskins. He has 9 years of experience fielding balls in the return game. Granted he will not be our primary return man, but in a pinch, he could fill in and be counted on to NOT DROP THE BALL!

He does not however, return punts. I was hoping we could get Eddie Royal to help with this.
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 21,142
Championship
Originally posted by cciowa:
i should not even waste my time,, how the hell do you think we almost got to the superbowl last year? we did the discount shopping and got the right guys and look what happened. any sane person would not want to get away from what worked last year for us. you go right ahead and jump on board the tampa bay and redskin bandwagon. sounds like you think that should be the blue print for success, get back to me and let me know how that turns out. the more red boxes you fill up, the smarter you get kid
cciowa, didn't you check his rating on Madden? Of course I'm joking but it's good to see you try to educate, even though it's like peeing in the wind, talking to a wall and smoking weed and drinking beer. Not necessarily in that order.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 25,435
Originally posted by Born49R:
cciowa, didn't you check his rating on Madden? Of course I'm joking but it's good to see you try to educate, even though it's like peeing in the wind, talking to a wall and smoking weed and drinking beer. Not necessarily in that order.
one time i did drink beer and tried to pee on a wall at the same time,, found out later i was peeing on a catholic church
Raider fans were saying this dude was a leader in the locker room and also won the "Commitment to Excellence" award.
http://www.raiderfans.net/forum/oakland-raiders-forum-message-board/188156-rock-cartwright-49ers.html

Seems like a good dude.

[ Edited by DaDivaRecieva15 on Mar 16, 2012 at 10:43 AM ]
Its amazing the guy was just signed and is already a 100% Alex Smith supporter. He'll definetely fit in in the locker room.
The Niners really invest in ST guys.
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Its amazing the guy was just signed and is already a 100% Alex Smith supporter. He'll definetely fit in in the locker room.

Too bad Smith won't be our QB.
Originally posted by ninerfan4life:
Too bad Smith won't be our QB.

Do you have nothing better to do then troll to find things to insult about Alex?
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Raider fans were saying this dude was a leader in the locker room and also won the "Commitment to Excellence" award.
http://www.raiderfans.net/forum/oakland-raiders-forum-message-board/188156-rock-cartwright-49ers.html

Seems like a good dude.


When I grow up, I want to be JT The Brick, so I can make a living off being generally crappy at what I do.
  • Paul
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 6,726
Originally posted by defenderDX:
He had a 67 OVR and an 82 speed on Madden

do not want, lol

I remember on Madden 05 he would have like a 92 rating and make the pro bowl, a team the next year would give up a first rounder for a FB
Cartwright is fun to watch. I was very happy with that signing.