There are 490 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Anyone else think Harbaalke is totally down with CK-2012?

Anyone else think Harbaalke is totally down with CK-2012?

smith will sign. he will also sign our terms. i have no info but i bet he inks within 24hrs. thats how long it will take him to realize he has no suitors unless he wants to sign a 1yr deal elswhere.
Originally posted by boast:
nickbradley, do you honestly think the FO believes Kap is ready to take over the reigns of a team that was a few plays away from the Super Bowl? really?

According to Footballoutsiders.com, Smith performed 10.4% over average, given the game situations he was in. Andy Dalton was 12.4% over average as a rookie -- what can Kaep do with a better team in his second season???

The FO clearly wants Kaep to take over in 2013 or 2014, hence the short contract offer. So what's the issue?
absolutely not. practice is one thing. CK has thrown all of what 4 passes in regular season games. there is no way they can assume he is ready to take the next step without any actual playing time.
Originally posted by VA49er:
smith will sign. he will also sign our terms. i have no info but i bet he inks within 24hrs. thats how long it will take him to realize he has no suitors unless he wants to sign a 1yr deal elswhere.

It depends on how the Flynn-Manning-Orton game plays out. If Seattle fails to get any of them, they'll be giving Alex smith a call.
The Randy Moss signing indicates the team wants to win now. I'd be surprised if they go with CK this year but whatever he wants to do I have no reason not to trust Harbaugh.
Originally posted by HessianDud:
no it isn't. and there's a bunch of threads where this nothing is being discussed already.

So this should be page 347 of the Alex Smith thread because it mentions Alex Smith? No.

This is about where the FO is going long-term. And they're low-balling Smith because they think Kaep can go in '12.
i like some of your threads, and this is not one of them
Originally posted by sachie23:
The Randy Moss signing indicates the team wants to win now. I'd be surprised if they go with CK this year but whatever he wants to do I have no reason not to trust Harbaugh.

Or you surround a younger QB with talent. See: Washington Redskins in 2012
Having CK as our QB this year would be awesome. This guy has so much talent, he just need to be given a chance. To hell with Alex. I'm tired of watching him.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by nickbradley:
No. something is going on.

just because you wish it does not make it so
Originally posted by nickbradley:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
no it isn't. and there's a bunch of threads where this nothing is being discussed already.

So this should be page 347 of the Alex Smith thread because it mentions Alex Smith? No.

This is about where the FO is going long-term. And they're low-balling Smith because they think Kaep can go in '12.

well, it doesn't deserve its own thread just because you had a thought.
Alex "The Main Man" Smith over CK anyday
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by daragon:
Having CK as our QB this year would be awesome. This guy has so much talent, he just need to be given a chance. To hell with Alex. I'm tired of watching him.
you were able to see this through the four passes he threw in the regular season,, wow you must be really awesome. you should be on staff
  • rdc1
  • Veteran
Harbaugh indicated after the end of the season that he wanted Smith back "for continuity". This indicates to me that having him back would provide the team with a smoother transition, instead of a rushed one. Based upon what is happening I think that the team would prefer to have Alex back at the price they think is correct for him, but are perfectly willing to go in a different direction if he is not willing to sign for that amount.

That would imply that they are willing to go with Kaepernick if Alex does not sign, though I suspect that they would bring in Johnson or someone else to compete with him or at a minimum fill the number 2 spot.
[ Edited by rdc1 on Mar 14, 2012 at 8:44 AM ]
Im sure they are confident that Kaep could play this year if needed but they want Alex back so they can groom Kaep more before they throw him to the Wolves.