There are 139 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

CB Perrish Cox a Niner

Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by okdkid:
Great. He already raped the 'zone.

fixed

"We have a plan....to pick up a number of malcontents and rapists.....because they are cheap".
- Jed York
Definitely more of a potential replacement for Ginn at KR/PR than Rogers at CB, but he'll see the latter in Dime packages and the like probably.
Wonder if he used the same lawyer to negotiate his contract???
Ginn insurance policy...

Skinny: Cox is a versatile player with blazing speed, especially in the return game. He can stay stride for stride with just about any opponent he goes up against and is rarely, if ever, beaten downfield. He has a good nose for the ball, is extremely athletic, and can help his team on both offense and special teams. Cox currently holds the Big 12 and OSU record with four career kickoff returns for touchdowns. He was ranked third nationally with a 29.83 yards per kick return average. He also holds the OSU record with 2,155 career kickoff return yards and is the Big 12 record holder for kick returns for touchdowns in a season with two in 2008 (tied with four others). He is just 110 kickoff return yards shy of setting the Big 12 career record. Cox finished the 2008 season with 32 tackles, one for loss, eight pass breakups, and two interceptions. In 2007 he had 42 tackles, two interceptions, and eight pass breakups. He has the ability to play both man to man and zone as a cornerback. As a senior, he has 24 total tackles with one interception and an impressive 12 pass break-ups through the first nine games. The Poke as has 455 kick return yards on 19 returns averaging 23.9 yards a kick return. Cox has also returned eight punts for 78 yards.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
"We have a plan....to pick up a number of malcontents and rapists.....because they are cheap".
- Jed York

Bengals 2.0
Adam Caplan ‏ @caplannfl
Perrish Cox can play inside or outside CB, also played for 49ers DB coach Ed Donatell with the Broncos.
Originally posted by MadDog49er:
- Jed York

these are moves made before free agency has even started.

un-bunch your panties.
I am not sure he is being brought in to replace Rogers, I think this may be for depth and to replace Spencer. If that is the case I like the pick-up.
GUYS REMEMBER TRUST IN THE HARBS AND BAALKE DUO
Originally posted by HessianDud:
these are moves made before free agency has even started.

un-bunch your panties.

Bunch them into a little ball. Now put it in your mouth. Yeahhh, just like that. Juuust like that
LaCanfora: Timing of 49ers signing Cox would almost certainly indicate that CB Carlos Rogers will be hitting the market in a few hours
Originally posted by MntIdaGold:
I am not sure he is being brought in to replace Rogers, I think this may be for depth and to replace Spencer. If that is the case I like the pick-up.

Agreed. Spencer's release is imminent unless they have a 7th round trade in the works.

Low risk, high reward. If he can be developed into either a return man or solid corner, this is a good move. Baalke and Marathe are on some Billy Beane stuff.
Good skills if he stays out of trouble. Living in Denver, have seen him play some. He was cut when he was arrested but his play was pretty good before that. He'll return kicks and give us more on defense than Ginn did on offense.
Originally posted by THEB:

Thats against AJ green too, good stuff