LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 312 users in the forums

CB Perrish Cox a Niner

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
Another low risk high reward player. Ed Donatell was his coach in Denver, and if he wants him here than so do I.

Yeah, Donatell wouldn't indorse this guy unless he was 100% sure this kid just made a mistake.
Originally posted by SR49er:
Originally posted by valrod33:
COX, CRABS AND VD

AND DIX!!!!!!!!!!
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 12b6demurrer:
Yeah, why are people calling this kid a rapist? He was already acquitted. Wasn't Kobe's "victim" from Colorado, also? Trifling ass white girls there.

lol yes she was. But seriously Cox's lawyer did his job flawlessly, the DA failed beyond belief and the evidence and testimony actually supported Cox despite the fact that the baby's DNA matched his, which again only indicates sexual intercourse but not rape. I'm not saying he did or didn't do it but the evidence and testimony indicated he didn't and the judicial system worked. Hopefully on the outside looking in the kid is a good guy and worth the risk.
He went to a club, brought a drunk-ass girl home with him and *Bleeped* her. Assuming he rapped her is very unfair. She said in court that she doesn't remember having sex with him, which does NOT mean rape!

I like the signing. Baalke obviously liked Cox coming out of college 2 years ago and jumped at the chance to get this guy at a discount price. Bravo!
He went to a club, brought a drunk-ass girl home with him and *Bleeped* her. Assuming he rapped her is very unfair. She said in court that she doesn't remember having sex with him, which does NOT mean rape!

I like the signing. Baalke obviously liked Cox coming out of college 2 years ago and jumped at the chance to get this guy at a discount price. Bravo!
Originally posted by sfout:
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by boast:
Funny how easy it is to assume somebody is guilty. Seems the more violent the charge, "That doot did it!!!"

and it's never the gold diggin' woman's fault.

lol yeah scew those passed out people who get carried into a room without their awareness! Also forget those teammates who testify about it and say the player is a rapist!

Seriously not feeling this signing. I could get behind the Moss signing but this? We are becoming the NFL's version of the 2003-2005 Portland Trailblazers, aka the Portland Jailblazers. Can't believe we're wasting cap space and a roster spot on this. WTF is the FO doing!?

Teammates testified to it? Does the DA in Denver just really suck, then?

no one on his team said that, in fact it was Demaryius Thomas' testimony and the DAs failure to call another witness that freed Cox. Thomas' testimony brought it into doubt whether or not the girl was asleep or passed out and that she possibly willingly had sex before or after "passing out" or "falling asleep".

Had the DA called a witness who possible couldve refuted Thomas' claims then Cox would be sitting in prison awaiting sentencing right now.

IMHO I dont think Cox raped her but more importantly this is an example of our judicial system actually working.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/29/thomas-testimony-triggers-request-for-mistrial/

Thomas admitted that the girl wasn't conscious and Cox took her in his room and did some stuff with her. The baby she's pregnant with has Cox's DNA, and Cox's only defense was he never had sex with her. Do the math bro...

This honestly just seems like people are like "well he's on my team now, so I'll choose to believe the best even though I know that's most likely not the case. This guy must definitely not be a rapist!" Already seen this argument with Kobe fans, only the thing is I think there's a way better chance Kobe actually was innocent.
Originally posted by NickSh49:

This.
Originally posted by NickSh49:

This.
Originally posted by mayo49:
Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
Another low risk high reward player. Ed Donatell was his coach in Denver, and if he wants him here than so do I.

Yeah, Donatell wouldn't indorse this guy unless he was 100% sure this kid just made a mistake.

Honestly had Denver not switched coaches he would of still been a Bronco. But when Fox & Elway took over was when he got in trouble and was the absolute worst time. Elways basically said, this aint my headache I didnt draft him and cut him.

Perish the thought!
I think Cox's contract is for 2yr minimums of $465K and $555K like Tukuafu signed, with no bonus.
Originally posted by boast:
Funny how easy it is to assume somebody is guilty. Seems the more violent the charge, "That doot did it!!!"

and it's never the gold diggin' woman's fault.

lol yeah scew those passed out people who get carried into a room without their awareness! Also forget those teammates who testify about it and say the player is a rapist!

Seriously not feeling this signing. I could get behind the Moss signing but this? We are becoming the NFL's version of the 2003-2005 Portland Trailblazers, aka the Portland Jailblazers. Can't believe we're wasting cap space and a roster spot on this. WTF is the FO doing!?

Teammates testified to it? Does the DA in Denver just really suck, then?

no one on his team said that, in fact it was Demaryius Thomas' testimony and the DAs failure to call another witness that freed Cox. Thomas' testimony brought it into doubt whether or not the girl was asleep or passed out and that she possibly willingly had sex before or after "passing out" or "falling asleep".

Had the DA called a witness who possible couldve refuted Thomas' claims then Cox would be sitting in prison awaiting sentencing right now.

IMHO I dont think Cox raped her but more importantly this is an example of our judicial system actually working.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/29/thomas-testimony-triggers-request-for-mistrial/

Thomas admitted that the girl wasn't conscious and Cox took her in his room and did some stuff with her. The baby she's pregnant with has Cox's DNA, and Cox's only defense was he never had sex with her. Do the math bro...

This honestly just seems like people are like "well he's on my team now, so I'll choose to believe the best even though I know that's most likely not the case. This guy must definitely not be a rapist!" Already seen this argument with Kobe fans, only the thing is I think there's a way better chance Kobe actually was innocent.
The chick said that if Demarius Thomas had sex with while she was unconcious she wouldnt have thought it was rape
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
I think Cox's contract is for 2yr minimums of $465K and $555K like Tukuafu signed, with no bonus.

omg I called this crap when I wrote about his rape case verdict. Goodbye Rogers.

People are assuming that Rogers is gone. That is still debatable. I see Cox more as a replacement for Shawnte and Ginn in the KO return game with Hunter. As for the punt return duties, not sure. However, even with Culliver, Brock Brown, Culliver and Spillan, you need hands people on ST and DB's will always have injuries where a player misses a game or two. Although the niners could end up going after a CB in the draft or another corner in FA.
Share 49ersWebzone