LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 254 users in the forums

CB Perrish Cox a Niner

Shop Find 49ers gear online
so we replaced a rejuvenated Carlos Rogers with a thug.............just great i really hope that Harbaugh n comp know what they are doing 1st Moss & now Cox

• MarkD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49erRider:
Originally posted by valrod33:
COX, CRABS AND VD

Don't forget Big Dix

WTF we have got team penicillin now
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/29/thomas-testimony-triggers-request-for-mistrial/

Thomas admitted that the girl wasn't conscious and Cox took her in his room and did some stuff with her. The baby she's pregnant with has Cox's DNA, and Cox's only defense was he never had sex with her. Do the math bro...

This honestly just seems like people are like "well he's on my team now, so I'll choose to believe the best even though I know that's most likely not the case. This guy must definitely not be a rapist!" Already seen this argument with Kobe fans, only the thing is I think there's a way better chance Kobe actually was innocent.

Thomas admitted she looked unconscious but could not tell if she was passed out or drunk. He expressly says so in his testimony. I'm not jumping on any bandwagon. Go look in the NFL Talk section I started a thread on him the day he was acquitted and said I am happy the judicial system worked for him.

Go look at these articles....

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/04/cox-can-thank-thomas-for-his-freedom/

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_20097030?source=rss&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+dp-sports-broncos+%28Denver+Post%3A+Sports%3A+Broncos%29

Thomas also points out "Girl on Girl" action during the night in question.

A few days later, on Labor Day weekend and before they would play in their first NFL game, the three rookies were in their apartment along with Cox's girlfriend and another woman who would later accuse Cox of rape. Vaughn was sleeping in his bedroom when Cox, Thomas and the two women returned from a nightclub.

No one from the 12-person jury would comment on why they acquitted Cox, but it appears the case swung when Thomas brought up "girl on girl action" during his testimony Wednesday.

The salacious anecdote, which Vaughn related to Thomas that day at practice, was never supposed to be revealed in trial. In a preliminary hearing, Douglas County judge Paul King cited rape-shield laws as why he would not admit the "girl on girl" claim into trial.

As it was the first time such a comment was revealed, Cox attorney Harvey Steinberg called for a mistrial. His motion was denied, in part because the prosecution was also caught off guard by Thomas' statement.

At that point, Cox appeared in serious trouble. But then prosecuting attorney Bob Chappell asked Thomas why he had repeatedly texted the accuser later in the day of the alleged incident.

Thomas' reply may have irreparably damaged the prosecution's case: Because Vaughn had told him at practice that he should have stuck around because he missed some great "girl on girl action."

The shrewd Steinberg had his opening. Because Thomas had brought it up, "girl on girl" was now fair game. Steinberg used it to help discredit Cox's accuser, who had deleted several text messages from Thomas regarding Vaughn's claim.

The prosecution, perhaps weary from Thomas' unexpected statements under oath, decided against calling Vaughn to the stand.

Read more:Klis: Demaryius Thomas tips course of Perrish Cox trial with testimony - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_20097030?source=rss&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+dp-sports-broncos+%28Denver+Post%3A+Sports%3A+Broncos%29#ixzz1p1nDurLWRead The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

I'd beat the s*** out of anyone if I knew they had harmed a woman, I've got people in my life who have been sexually assaulted, men like that disgust me. This is just my personal opinion that the facts from the testimony and lack of evidence against Cox really shows a man of innocence rather then guilt. Thats how I see it and I'm happy it worked out for him but like I said above if he did rape her then there is a special place in hell for him.
[ Edited by sfout on Mar 13, 2012 at 12:48 PM ]
Rewards far outweigh the risks here.
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:
so we replaced a rejuvenated Carlos Rogers with a thug.............just great i really hope that Harbaugh n comp know what they are doing 1st Moss & now Cox

Nope, if Rogers leaves he will be replaced by Cuilliver, Cox is gonna be battling for the 3rd 4th CB spot and Special teams duties if we lose Ginn.
Originally posted by Tru2RedNGold25:

Nope, if Rogers leaves he will be replaced by Cuilliver, Cox is gonna be battling for the 3rd 4th CB spot and Special teams duties if we lose Ginn.

Plus if Rogers leaves and we dont sign a CB, we will draft one in 1st 3 to 4 rounds.

Brown and Culliver would be starters, Cox and Brock would be fighting for 3rd/4th CB spot.
Originally posted by sfout:
lol yes she was. But seriously Cox's lawyer did his job flawlessly, the DA failed beyond belief and the evidence and testimony actually supported Cox despite the fact that the baby's DNA matched his, which again only indicates sexual intercourse but not rape. I'm not saying he did or didn't do it but the evidence and testimony indicated he didn't and the judicial system worked. Hopefully on the outside looking in the kid is a good guy and worth the risk.

However, he did lie to police about not having sex with the woman at all. Since the DNA of the baby matched his unless the lawyer said it could have been another family member. This will bear watching. He was a first round talent coming out of College, but troubles dropped him like a hot potato to the fifth round. P Willis, Justin Smith, Navarro will be on him or he maybe gone after one year and never heard from again.
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/29/thomas-testimony-triggers-request-for-mistrial/

Thomas admitted that the girl wasn't conscious and Cox took her in his room and did some stuff with her. The baby she's pregnant with has Cox's DNA, and Cox's only defense was he never had sex with her. Do the math bro...

This honestly just seems like people are like "well he's on my team now, so I'll choose to believe the best even though I know that's most likely not the case. This guy must definitely not be a rapist!" Already seen this argument with Kobe fans, only the thing is I think there's a way better chance Kobe actually was innocent.

Thomas admitted she looked unconscious but could not tell if she was passed out or drunk. He expressly says so in his testimony. I'm not jumping on any bandwagon. Go look in the NFL Talk section I started a thread on him the day he was acquitted and said I am happy the judicial system worked for him.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/04/cox-can-thank-thomas-for-his-freedom/

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_20097030?source=rss&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+dp-sports-broncos+%28Denver+Post%3A+Sports%3A+Broncos%29

A few days later, on Labor Day weekend and before they would play in their first NFL game, the three rookies were in their apartment along with Cox's girlfriend and another woman who would later accuse Cox of rape. Vaughn was sleeping in his bedroom when Cox, Thomas and the two women returned from a nightclub.

No one from the 12-person jury would comment on why they acquitted Cox, but it appears the case swung when Thomas brought up "girl on girl action" during his testimony Wednesday.

The salacious anecdote, which Vaughn related to Thomas that day at practice, was never supposed to be revealed in trial. In a preliminary hearing, Douglas County judge Paul King cited rape-shield laws as why he would not admit the "girl on girl" claim into trial.

As it was the first time such a comment was revealed, Cox attorney Harvey Steinberg called for a mistrial. His motion was denied, in part because the prosecution was also caught off guard by Thomas' statement.

At that point, Cox appeared in serious trouble. But then prosecuting attorney Bob Chappell asked Thomas why he had repeatedly texted the accuser later in the day of the alleged incident.

Thomas' reply may have irreparably damaged the prosecution's case: Because Vaughn had told him at practice that he should have stuck around because he missed some great "girl on girl action."

The shrewd Steinberg had his opening. Because Thomas had brought it up, "girl on girl" was now fair game. Steinberg used it to help discredit Cox's accuser, who had deleted several text messages from Thomas regarding Vaughn's claim.

The prosecution, perhaps weary from Thomas' unexpected statements under oath, decided against calling Vaughn to the stand.

Read more:Klis: Demaryius Thomas tips course of Perrish Cox trial with testimony - The Denver Posthttp://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_20097030?source=rss&utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+dp-sports-broncos+%28Denver+Post%3A+Sports%3A+Broncos%29#ixzz1p1nDurLWRead The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

Meh, I think you're more of a fan of the legal system than common sense. I don't know what happened but I would've prefer we stay away from this type of nonsense.

Meh, I think you're more of a fan of the legal system than common sense. I don't know what happened but I would've prefer we stay away from this type of nonsense.

Harbaugh was arrested for DUI a few years ago, should we hold that against him now and fire him?
  • boast
  • Hella Fame
Charles Haley was much more of a nut case but you guys are all ok with him.

Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
Originally posted by boast:
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
Funny how easy it is to assume somebody is guilty. Seems the more violent the charge, "That doot did it!!!"

and it's never the gold diggin' woman's fault.

lol yeah scew those passed out people who get carried into a room without their awareness! Also forget those teammates who testify about it and say the player is a rapist!

Seriously not feeling this signing. I could get behind the Moss signing but this? We are becoming the NFL's version of the 2003-2005 Portland Trailblazers, aka the Portland Jailblazers. Can't believe we're wasting cap space and a roster spot on this. WTF is the FO doing!?

Teammates testified to it? Does the DA in Denver just really suck, then?

no one on his team said that, in fact it was Demaryius Thomas' testimony and the DAs failure to call another witness that freed Cox. Thomas' testimony brought it into doubt whether or not the girl was asleep or passed out and that she possibly willingly had sex before or after "passing out" or "falling asleep".

Had the DA called a witness who possible couldve refuted Thomas' claims then Cox would be sitting in prison awaiting sentencing right now.

IMHO I dont think Cox raped her but more importantly this is an example of our judicial system actually working.

The chick said that if Demarius Thomas had sex with while she was unconcious she wouldnt have thought it was rape
Who knows what the truth is but the whole thing sounds jacked up. I am all for giving the guy a 2nd chance since he was acquitted. The news kind of keeps wording the case the same way but if these things did happen why is D. Thomas watching Cox take the passed girl into the room to have sex with her and do things to her. That makes Thomas sound like a complete D. Bag. I don't know why he denied having sex with her??? There is also some weird version of the story where C. Vaughn said that that girl also had sex with Cox's real girlfriend (Che) (girl on girl) that morning but Vaughn never testified. Some kind of weird love triangle/jealousy/drunken idiots...

I guess I trust Baalke when he said they have done their homework on Cox and believe he can help the team...
  • teeohh
  • Veteran
Could he face a suspension
Originally posted by toeshawn:
Could he face a suspension

He was acquitted so no
I dont know why anyone would be against this signing. He looked great coming out of college, good his rookie year. Then he got in trouble with the law but was acquitted. The 49ers signed him to play football, not teach the youth around the city. He will be signed for cheap, good special teams guy, and a chance to be a good CB. Why not take a shot at him?
wtf I didnt even press post more than once and its doubling and trippling these b*****ds...
[ Edited by 5280High on Mar 13, 2012 at 12:55 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone