LISTEN: 49ers Play It Smart On Day Two Of The Draft →

There are 288 users in the forums

Is the front office playing mind games?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by sfout:
Actually the bulk of them are known, 8 to be precise.

in order they draft in.

1. Redskins(fact)
2. Vikings(guess)
3. Jaguars(guess)
4. Dolphins(fact)
5. Kansas(fact)
6. Seattle(fact)
7. Arizona(fact)
8. Jets(fact)
9. Chicago(guess)
10. Denver(fact)
11. Texans(fact)
12. Baltimore(guess)

Now shut up about going after Manning. Its a terrible idea, he is a terrible playoff QB, as I said in another thread if he hadn't won that SB he would be the NFL version of Utah Jazz PG John Stockton, the great point guard in nba history to not win a championship.

So again, stop thinking Manning will be wearing Red & Gold next season because it will never happen.

Hahah, man I think your Alex Smith in diguise. If not that your his wife. You are the biggest defender/shield of Alex Smith in his entire unofficial 28years of him being alive. Let it go, the dude sucks! If he's so great why aren't any other teams nabbing after him? No one I do mean no one has contacted him. Csnbayarea just reported by a tom Condon source. "Alex Smith has nowhere to go". If he is 'Elite' wouldn't teams be wrapped around the block for him like a wheel chair giveaway at a retirement home? Another thing, anytime you have to defend something/someone to a vast degree. That means it carries no stregnth on its own.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Redgoldknight:
Hahah, man I think your Alex Smith in diguise. If not that your his wife. You are the biggest defender/shield of Alex Smith in his entire unofficial 28years of him being alive. Let it go, the dude sucks! If he's so great why aren't any other teams nabbing after him? No one I do mean no one has contacted him. Csnbayarea just reported by a tom Condon source. "Alex Smith has nowhere to go". If he is 'Elite' wouldn't teams be wrapped around the block for him like a wheel chair giveaway at a retirement home? Another thing, anytime you have to defend something/someone to a vast degree. That means it carries no stregnth on its own.

Where did I say "elite"? Never called him elite, I know he isn't elite but he is better than 75% of this forum thinks. How is stating the teams that contacted Condon about Manning defending Alex in a vast degree? Its called stating a single point, sorry it involved 12 separate teams and that required "vast" thinking on your part. The fact that you went back an entire week to address shows that you care way too much about this. Even now reporters are saying signing Manning is a long way off for us, we currently have $14-15M in cap space and Manning wants a $18-20M per year deal, meaning we'd have to cut or restructure at least $6M if not more to accommodate him. You're the one that needs to let this go, I know signing Manning is the right idea but the likelihood of it happening is still incredibly small.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Bryant4everYoung:

kids getting all e-thug up in here. lol grab the popcorn.
[ Edited by sfout on Mar 16, 2012 at 3:25 PM ]
Originally posted by Bryant4everYoung:

This ^
More like Jedi mind tricks...

To Manning - Tennessee and Denver are not the teams you are looking for
To Smith - You do not want a 5 year contract
We all need to go into suspended animation and wake up in September. Otherwise we will be speculating day in and day out, and minute by minute. Even the draft seems like a million years away, but once it is here and passed we will all have new outlooks.

Last year at this time I almost didn't care but this last season has everybody drooling for whatever comes next me included.
[to quote=Adman]Is the front office trying to let Smith walk away without looking like the bad guys? Are they going to stick to their guns and not offer any longer than a 3 year deal to Alex?

I was just thinking...if Alex wants a 5 year deal...and the front office only wants to give out a 3 year deal...are they going to let Alex walk and maybe give Peyton Manning the 3 year deal...they could probably end up getting Peyton for the 3 years they wanted Alex to sign for and Peyton would sign for probably less than Alex would...Peyton has said that he would sign an incentive laden deal.

I am personally undecided...i would be happy sticking with Alex, but i would also be very excited at the potential of the offense under Peyton Manning.

I think the front office will probably play it safe and stick with Alex Smith...he got us to the NFC Championship game last year and most certainly didnt lose it for us...so either way you cannot go wrong.

Hail To you and your jedi powers
  • Adman
  • Veteran
i have to say im rather impressed with myself!
I have no idea what's going on with this situation. LOL. They are talking out of both sides of their mouth. "Alex is our guy." Then they workout Peyton Manning. I hope the decision is made soon and all sides make the right one.

Share 49ersWebzone