LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 362 users in the forums

Is the front office playing mind games?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Adman
  • Veteran
Is the front office trying to let Smith walk away without looking like the bad guys? Are they going to stick to their guns and not offer any longer than a 3 year deal to Alex?

I was just thinking...if Alex wants a 5 year deal...and the front office only wants to give out a 3 year deal...are they going to let Alex walk and maybe give Peyton Manning the 3 year deal...they could probably end up getting Peyton for the 3 years they wanted Alex to sign for and Peyton would sign for probably less than Alex would...Peyton has said that he would sign an incentive laden deal.

I am personally undecided...i would be happy sticking with Alex, but i would also be very excited at the potential of the offense under Peyton Manning.

I think the front office will probably play it safe and stick with Alex Smith...he got us to the NFC Championship game last year and most certainly didnt lose it for us...so either way you cannot go wrong.
49ers havent even contacted manning so no
  • Adman
  • Veteran
So what...they could contact him later in the game.
  • Adman
  • Veteran
What happens if smith isnt signed by the start of free agency?
what are you smoking....manning is still going to be one of the most highly paid QB's in the league
Probably a little just to play hardball with the free agents so we can save some money
  • sfout
  • Veteran
The FO is playing mindgames with Alex so they sing JOSH JOHNSON!!!!!

But seriously stop with the Peyton Manning. We're not going after him.
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:

So if they were interested they would have already contacted him? If they were interested they would have publicly stated they were?

Ok.
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:

So if they were interested they would have already contacted him? If they were interested they would have publicly stated they were?

Ok.
12 teams contacted manning none of them were the niners
  • Adman
  • Veteran
We are probably the only team that could call up Peyton last second and have him change his mind...I think Peyton knows that if we were interested in him he would HAVE to consider us...with our defense and potential to have an unstoppable offense...he would have to consider it.

• Adman
  • Veteran

So what! It's been one day since he was released...do we have to go running at him like we are desperate to have him?

Why cant we contact him early next week or over the weekend?
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:

Ok.

Care to show me the list of the 12 teams? Oh right. You cant. Because not all the teams are known.
  • Adman
  • Veteran
Everything is speculation and the only facts are basically that Denver and Miami are interested...everyone else is just talk as of now.
Considering that he's already swung by Miami and is in Denver now, what makes you think he's going to be around come Monday? LOL

If you're interested in him you don't really have any time to play around with. Right now he's comparing rings with John Elway.
That new Indian dude they hired looks curiously like Bushwick Bill

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IJtHdkyo0hc
Share 49ersWebzone