LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 266 users in the forums

Who has had the better career? Bryant Young or Justin Smith.

Shop Find 49ers gear online

Who has had the better career? Bryant Young or Justin Smith.

BY in his first 7 season played on good to great teams and had players such as Stubby, etc surrounding him. His career was amazing with rookie of the year, come back player of the year, pro bowls and a ring. The last 7 years especially 4-5 years he was the leader and face of the franchise and was still playing at a very high level. At times he was tripled teamed because the talent around him was pathetic. I cannot even imagine how hard it had to be for him to go from playing on what many NFL pundits consider one of the greatest teams ever to playing on a 2-14 team, yet he still gave his all.

Smith in his first few years with us didn't have a lot of talent to help him out accept I do believe Franklin & Sop did benefit him just like Stubby helped BY. Yet, Smith has dominated games and like BY. As he plays out the final 3 years of his career now that he is players around him like A Smith, McDonald, Sop his stats and his dominance will only increase. Face it going to be tough for teams to now double J. Smith when you have Aldon and vice a versa.

IMO BY and JS career are almost parallel and I think if the two sat down being the type of men they are BY would say he is amazed by JS and JS would probably tell everyone BY is the man. Over all when J Smith gets his ring and goes 2 or more Pro Bowls I would take his career or BY career and be very happy
Originally posted by 80849er4life:
Well Justin Smith along with anyone who knows what matters in the game will tell you BY cuz he's got the jewlery.....but once JS gets his next year the debate will favor more towards JS IMHO......

This post could not make less sense. So right now Justin Smith is better than Bryant Young but you will not acknowledge that until he gets a ring. Some people...
Originally posted by SmileyJetson:
Originally posted by 80849er4life:
Well Justin Smith along with anyone who knows what matters in the game will tell you BY cuz he's got the jewlery.....but once JS gets his next year the debate will favor more towards JS IMHO......

This post could not make less sense. So right now Justin Smith is better than Bryant Young but you will not acknowledge that until he gets a ring. Some people...

looks like it makes sense to you......
I could see Justin retiring with 2 SB rings (one for sure on this team, and one possibly with another).
Originally posted by susweel:
BY was a better player but the talent around him was not so good.

Didn't he have Haley and Dana around him? If you are talking about Willis Takeo and Bowman behind him well.

Anyway apple and oranges, two different styles of play and philosophy.
Originally posted by WildBill:
Didn't he have Haley and Dana around him? If you are talking about Willis Takeo and Bowman behind him well.

Anyway apple and oranges, two different styles of play and philosophy.

Haley? Charles Haley? No way. He was a Cowboy already.
Share 49ersWebzone