LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 372 users in the forums

Thank you Donte Whitner!

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Some are saying that Akers was a better signing than Rogers? Obsessed with records much...... HE'S A KICKER!
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by Youngb:
Some are saying that Akers was a better signing than Rogers? Obsessed with records much...... HE'S A KICKER!

with this offense, kicker might be the most important position.
Not even being obsessed with records akers technically was the best signing simply because we had no kicker. We had cbs but no kicker. Filling one of the only positions on the depth chart that has a depth of 1 player would be primary and most important. The fact that without him we would not have been 13-3 this season is secondary info.
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by defenderDX:
He also got burned by TE's most of the season. He cost us the Dallas game, along with Rogers. He's been an improvement nonetheless.

Madoodoo cost us that game, IMO.

Whitner, and rogers both bit on the play action fake.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Such a great job by Baalke

Akers, Whitner, Rogers, and even Goodwin were all very good signings
Let's face it...SS isn't as "glamoruous" as CB...Whitner does a lot of the dirty work, and does it very well. Despite many in this forum bemoaning all the big names (with salaries to boot) were being signed by other teams, Baalke did a righteous job adding talent and toughness to our team. Akers was the man...all year. He made All-Pro for a reason. Rogers was terrific, too. I hope he'll back off his $10M mindset...Baalke won't re-sign him for that, and I agree, he shouldn't. Not sure what other teams might meet that price, maybe a Cincy team that has $60M in cap space. If that happens, I have faith Culliver can do the job, and for a heckuva lot less $$.
Michael Lewis was a huge part of our defense developing a personality tho. Him and Clements really helped changed the culture. Gotta respect that
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by Youngb:

with this offense, kicker might be the most important position.

so sad lol
The more I see him and think about him signing last year...the more I love it.
f**k you auto correct
[ Edited by DatNyjerSireez on Dec 9, 2012 at 5:59 PM ]

Was it Whitner that slammed Bush? That was awesome!
[ Edited by ninerfan4life on Dec 9, 2012 at 6:03 PM ]
Whitner is worst to plays for defense and bad coverage. He is nothing to learn the plays for defense around!
Originally posted by DatNyjerSireez:
Was it Whitner that slammed Bush? That was awesome!

Originally posted by BuZzB28:
Whitner is worst to plays for defense and bad coverage. He is nothing to learn the plays for defense around!

Couldn't have said it better myself.
Share 49ersWebzone