LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 207 users in the forums

CAP SPACE AFTER BROOKS

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I think that signing just set a pretty high bar for the guys still unsigned.
So what you are saying is we can sign Payton Manning, DeSean Jackson, Mario Williams and all our free agents?
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
We going to have enough money to lock up Smith, Goldson, and Rogers? Can we get a WR too?

We should be able to keep those 3, might be a low 1st tier/2nd tier WR, we could do some contract shuffling, lower a player or two's base salaries to minimum and turn the rest into a signing bonus, pro-rated over contract, and save some room to sign a WR.

Originally posted by WillistheWall:
AB834MVP

See what I did there???

I like that,

Originally posted by cciowa:
i think the steelers just cut you

I know cc, problem is he is a mainly special teamer, doesn't bring much value as a WR, and they have 2 good ones under contract, Emmanuel Sanders and Brown. Plus Wallace they have a decision to make, and Ward may be back on a restructured deal.
Originally posted by BSofSF:

Yep, it won't be cheap, but we should be able to get it done.

Goldson should get a 5yr deal in the 5-6M a yr range, possibly give him around 25M with extra incentives to max it out around 30M or so.

Rogers I would do a 4yr deal worth around 30M maximum value, with extra incentives, could add an extra yr as a dummy year where it has a roster bonus due thus making him pretty much cutable.

Alex would be 4yr worth 32M, with incentives at 35M maximum.

Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:
So what you are saying is we can sign Payton Manning, DeSean Jackson, Mario Williams and all our free agents?

Sure, why not, lol.
Originally posted by AB83Rules:
True, I need a new name. My Arnaz Battle days are long gone. Should of seen me back when we drafted him, same year as we picked Brandon Lloyd in the 3rd I believe. 2003 or 2004. I am a Notre Dame fan, so loved him in his college days, so was excited. Wish he was a better a WR, oh well.

AB83Rules....I am a ND fan as well, Wish Floyd could fall to us.
  • fropwns
  • #1 Greenlaw Fan
Originally posted by BSofSF:

Yep, it won't be cheap, but we should be able to get it done.

Goldson should get a 5yr deal in the 5-6M a yr range, possibly give him around 25M with extra incentives to max it out around 30M or so.

Rogers I would do a 4yr deal worth around 30M maximum value, with extra incentives, could add an extra yr as a dummy year where it has a roster bonus due thus making him pretty much cutable.

Alex would be 4yr worth 32M, with incentives at 35M maximum.

Originally posted by ChaunceyGardner:

Sure, why not, lol.

Never, ever, change your name. It is who you are man.
Originally posted by GOAT80:
True, I need a new name. My Arnaz Battle days are long gone. Should of seen me back when we drafted him, same year as we picked Brandon Lloyd in the 3rd I believe. 2003 or 2004. I am a Notre Dame fan, so loved him in his college days, so was excited. Wish he was a better a WR, oh well.

AB83Rules....I am a ND fan as well, Wish Floyd could fall to us.

I wish Floyd would fall, he is the guy I've wanted since 2011, when he decided to return to South Bend. He lost weight, got faster, and had a great 2011, which boosted his stock. Plus with Alshon Jeffery falling from #2 WR, it makes Floyd an option as high at 7 to jacksonville, who some say might be the spot for kendal wright, but i dont think he is a top 10 pick. I'd take Floyd their in a heart beat if i were jacksonville.
thanks AB

personnel opinion is that we dont really need to get a FA WR

crabs
morgan
KW

al solid supplemement WR

trade up for floyd

or get wright and hill

and i think were fine
Originally posted by TheGoldStandard:
Battle was a good guy for us he always played hard even on some really s**tty teams. Can't say the same for BLloyd though his rap skillz were impressive.

His rap "skills" are garbage.
Originally posted by Dr_Bill_Walsh:
ALL CAPS SPACE YEAHHHHHH!!!!

its not friday yet

• sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
thanks AB

personnel opinion is that we dont really need to get a FA WR

crabs
morgan
KW

al solid supplemement WR

trade up for floyd

or get wright and hill

and i think were fine

This wins. As long as we re-sign Morgan we only need to trade up for Floyd, or Wright(sounds like he may fall to us, but that will change after his pro day) or sit tight for Hill. Williams can compete against Dontavia Bogan and John Matthews for the #5 role. Then we need to add another late round return man/WR in mid to lates. I dont think we need a FA WR at all.
  • VDSF
  • Veteran
[ Edited by VDSF on Mar 1, 2012 at 9:18 AM ]
Will only be 2.85 mil.

http://www.csnbayarea.com/blog/niners-talk/post/Brooks-deal-counts-285-million-against-2?blockID=661356&feedID=5884
If it's only 2.85 mil hit for this year, that's amazingly good by the front office.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Mar 1, 2012 at 2:01 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone