LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 332 users in the forums

SO WHICH NINER FA IS SIGNED NEXT?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by lamontb:
Synder.....Smith isn't gogin to be easy to sign. he has all the leverage.

How does he have the most leverage? I would think he has the least

dont you mean the niners have all the leverage?

Smith will not be difficult to sign; he isn't going anywhere else. He would not receive anywhere near the money or length of contract he will get from the 49ers. He is starting his second season with all the same coaches for the first time in his career. Money will not be the issue here. Smith will not be hard to sign.
Of the top-tier FAs, they are probably in negotiations with several at the same time. Which agent will agree to terms first is the better question.

Smith, Rodgers, and Ginn could sign at any time. Goldson will likely wait for the start of free agency, then get signed by the 49ers. Snyder may also wait for free agency but I suspect he will return. He is not likely to get much more than the 49ers offer him on another team, and he is going to the SB if he stays with this team!

Morgan isn't going anywhere else, either. He was injured all year, which substantially diminishes his FA value. He, too, is real close to a SB with this team. Morgan stays.

Costanzo will sign - he is here because of Brad Seely and he wants to stay with his coach.

Larry Grant should be 2d round tendered. He may well leave the team but they would get a decent return in exchange.
[ Edited by longtime49erfan on Feb 28, 2012 at 1:42 PM ]
Originally posted by longtime49erfan:
Of the top-tier FAs, they are probably in negotiations with several at the same time. Which agent will agree to terms first is the better question.

Smith, Rodgers, and Ginn could sign at any time. Goldson will likely wait for the start of free agency, then get signed by the 49ers. Snyder may also wait for free agency but I suspect he will return. He is not likely to get much more than the 49ers offer him on another team, and he is going to the SB if he stays with this team!

Morgan isn't going anywhere else, either. He was injured all year, which substantially diminishes his FA value. He, too, is real close to a SB with this team. Morgan stays.

Costanzo will sign - he is here because of Brad Seely and he wants to stay with his coach.

Larry Grant should be 2d round tendered. He may well leave the team but they would get a decent return in exchange.

Don't be so sure about snyder staying, who would have thought Bass was going to leave and get that kind of money? One man's trash is another's treasure.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by WildBill:
Originally posted by longtime49erfan:

Don't be so sure about snyder staying, who would have thought Bass was going to leave and get that kind of money? One man's trash is another's treasure.

Snyder will only be back if we cant find an upgrade for the same price we are willing to pay him. I expect him to re-sign after all the bigger names are signed for a modest contract.
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
wishful thinking, Goldson, but I know it's gonna get ugly with him.

I think it'll be Rogers.
Morgan is there right now, so maybe him.

if not him then someone like Costanzo or Snyder.

Goldson will be tagged near the deadline to do so, and Rogers and Ginn will test the market. there's no rush on Smith.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Hoping its Goldson but I think it'll be Morgan or Costanzo

Manning will NEVER, ever happen. Way too much $ and JH really wants Alex. Alex wants to stay, he finally will be w/the same system and I bet he ddoes much better than last year. Manning goes to the [tick, tick, tick] the Ravens for one season so he can get the Colts.

Next FA to sign will be Morgan, then Costanzo.

Goldson will work a deal out [hopefully] Money is a huge motivator.

I think someone else shows Rogers the money. We get another good, affordable FA CB who saw how Rogers shined w/ our front 7 putting the heat on the opposition.

We then pick up WR Reggie Wayne.

We pick Fleener, McNutt and the BP CB.

And of course Big Foot is real and so is the Tooth Fairy and Superman.
O'Shea Jackson

I say Morgan will be next, followed by smith.
  • KID9R
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Manning will NEVER, ever happen. Way too much $ and JH really wants Alex. Alex wants to stay, he finally will be w/the same system and I bet he ddoes much better than last year. Manning goes to the [tick, tick, tick] the Ravens for one season so he can get the Colts.

Next FA to sign will be Morgan, then Costanzo.

Goldson will work a deal out [hopefully] Money is a huge motivator.

I think someone else shows Rogers the money. We get another good, affordable FA CB who saw how Rogers shined w/ our front 7 putting the heat on the opposition.

We then pick up WR Reggie Wayne.

We pick Fleener, McNutt and the BP CB.

And of course Big Foot is real and so is the Tooth Fairy and Superman.

1 Ravens have a QB, not going to happen.

2 We have way more money then the Ravens have. And most of the league for that matter.

3 Wayne will go where ever Payton goes IMO.

4 We will not waste a 1st round pick on a third TE.

5 Alex will be back and I like McNutt as well
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
I say Morgan will be next, followed by smith.

wouldn't be surprised if they let morgan hit FA.

We're gonna stockpile WR's in the draft and bring in a FA anyway.
Share 49ersWebzone