LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 242 users in the forums

Deal Done for Ahmad Brooks (6yr @ $44.5 million)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Next years starting LB

Aldon-Bowman-Willis-Brooks

Haralson as the backup
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by ninertico:
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Looks like the Mock I just posted need to be adjusted, huh? Gladly, will do it. This is one of the best signings for us. Baalke's at it again! So now this looks like Carlos Rogers is the odd man out. I honestly thought that it would be Brooks.

Guess Baalke is taking care of his priorities for this team. Spillman and now Brooks. Speaks volumes, huh?

Yep... really like the decisions made. Brooks had the 3rd most pressures last year and I like him returning. Rogers probably has to hit the road. They like Brown and Culliver, as do I, but it's time to start looking closer at the CBs.

And Sus, I think that Rogers will take a hometown discount to stay with this team as he loves it here. Maybe one full of incentives to still create a FO friendly contract to sign other players. Would still love to keep Rogers, but not for a five year contract. Three sounds great to me.

I can see him signing a 3 year 25 million dollar deal to stay. We have the money to get all these deals done.
Originally posted by susweel:
Looks like the Mock I just posted need to be adjusted, huh? Gladly, will do it. This is one of the best signings for us. Baalke's at it again! So now this looks like Carlos Rogers is the odd man out. I honestly thought that it would be Brooks.

Guess Baalke is taking care of his priorities for this team. Spillman and now Brooks. Speaks volumes, huh?

Yep... really like the decisions made. Brooks had the 3rd most pressures last year and I like him returning. Rogers probably has to hit the road. They like Brown and Culliver, as do I, but it's time to start looking closer at the CBs.

And Sus, I think that Rogers will take a hometown discount to stay with this team as he loves it here. Maybe one full of incentives to still create a FO friendly contract to sign other players. Would still love to keep Rogers, but not for a five year contract. Three sounds great to me.

I can see him signing a 3 year 25 million dollar deal to stay. We have the money to get all these deals done.

I hope so. Keeping this D in tact would be awesome.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by valrod33:
Next years starting LB

Haralson as the backup

replace Haralson with draft pick.
Next years starting LB

Haralson as the backup

I love it. Supposedly Brooks had a focus issue, but with the death of a family member he has matured. I hope they lock him up for 5 years, he is young and he could play out the contract opposite Aldon Smith. A good pass rush will only help our db's.
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Originally posted by midrdan:
I like the signing and would guess that only 10-12 million of this is guaranteed.

Regarding Grant - what if we gave him a 2nd round tender? What would that cost? I'd hate to see Grant go, but essentially trading him for a 2nd rounder would be acceptable.

That would cost $1.94 million

Would rather tag Rogers with that if we're going to tag.
Next years starting LB

Haralson as the backup

replace Haralson with draft pick.

keep haralson, add a draft pick
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by Paul:
he is worth $7 million a year??

Let's wait to see how it's loaded...it could be one of those contracts that look great on paper but are never realized.

Yes, this... and I would have been shocked for a smaller deal to have worked.

I still think Rogers will be back on a 3 year contract.

Cosigned. I think they are keeping the defense together and then will go mainly offense in the draft.
Originally posted by Paul:
he is worth $7 million a year??

He's 27 years old in the prime of his career and coming off a productive season. Good OLB's are not that easy to find, so its a good move to keep the band together.

Agreed. Especially 3-4 OLB's.

Gotta keep Brooks. Tag Goldson. And like someone else said, see if Rogers takes the hometown discount and if not, he goes.

This team is building to contend for the next couple years and at age 31, Rogers is on the outside looking in when it comes to the youth movement.
I like the signing and would guess that only 10-12 million of this is guaranteed.

Regarding Grant - what if we gave him a 2nd round tender? What would that cost? I'd hate to see Grant go, but essentially trading him for a 2nd rounder would be acceptable.

we can't, because Rogers is an UFA.

You can't he's not a restricted free agent dude.
Originally posted by 9erred:
Next years starting LB

Haralson as the backup

I love it. Supposedly Brooks had a focus issue, but with the death of a family member he has matured. I hope they lock him up for 5 years, he is young and he could play out the contract opposite Aldon Smith. A good pass rush will only help our db's.

He also had a lacerated Kidney issue that slowed down his development all Preseason and into the early part of the year a couple of years back.

This dude is going to have a breakout year.
Originally posted by Marvin49:
Expect it to be backloaded.

This. I trust Paraage and Baalke.
Originally posted by HessianDud:

we can't, because Rogers is an UFA.

hmm..that's right.

I still think we get him on board. He said he wanted to be back. As long as we make a reasonable offer, I think it happens.
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
sounds like a lot for what he does. I'm a big fan, but don't think he's worth that.
Do a little research on him and maybe rewatch some games.

He's very gifted physically, has the size, strength and speed to play the position--which is hard to find--and contributed alot to the defense this year. He may have played as many snaps as Justin Smith. Stats don't tell the whole story. He and RayMac on one side, with the Smiths on the other side caused nightmares for offenses on passing downs this year.

He's worth every nickel, IMHO. Completely understandable that he'd be a priority to resign, moreso than Rogers or Goldson. IMHO.
Share 49ersWebzone