LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 252 users in the forums

Deal Done for Ahmad Brooks (6yr @ $44.5 million)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by schmons:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
Originally posted by susweel:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Next years starting LB

Aldon-Bowman-Willis-Brooks

Haralson as the backup

replace Haralson with draft pick.

keep haralson, add a draft pick

haralson makes too much for a backup now, consider him gone

Parys Haralson started at right outside linebacker and played base downs while Aldon Smith entered games in pass-rush situations. Haralson is scheduled to earn $2.45 million in 2012, which the 49ers might consider too high for a backup.Read more: Report: Brooks close to re-signing Tune to SportsNet Central at 6, 10:30 and midnight on Comcast SportsNet Bay Area for more on this story

TRADE HIM OR MAKE HIM TAKE A PAYCUT
Originally posted by lamontb:
Good work. and i don't think Rogers is the odd man out. It's simple football knowledge. You pay a young pass rusher before you pay an aging corner back.

Very true

This indicates that we are commited to keeping the team together for a few more runs at the title.

I think this move shows taht we will give Rogers a 3 year deal and Goldson a 5 year deal as well.
Originally posted by SofaKing:
Its being reported by Jason La Candouche, so although this is probably true, we should take it with a slight grain of salt. $35 mil over 5 years is a lot of cash, but I'm glad the front office is making it a priority to keep this defense together. With Brooks, Smith, and Goldson likely to return with high salaries, i think its safe to say we won't be spending much money on other free agents.

guaranteed money is the only thing that matters in NFL contracts. and itll probably be backloaded. in most situations NFL players never see the money in their last couple years. before people start freaking about about paying 7 mil a season to Brooks, lets wait until the details come out.

were also 30 mil under the cap, so we can still bring back our key guys, and have room to sign a guy like Colston possibly.

the contract we gave C.J. Spillman leads me to believe that we might be franchising Goldson and giving Rogers the longterm deal. were deeper at CB, but Rogers seems safer to pay longterm. they may have wanted to lock Spillman up in case Goldson doesnt stay longterm.
Originally posted by Paul:
he is worth $7 million a year??

Absolutely! 7 mil is a bargain. So many people on this board under value the position and just how good he is! There are only a handful of elite 3-4 OLB in this league and we have one in Brooks and hopefully another in Smith! This is a smart move by the 49ers and the one guy I wanted signed before all others! GO NINERS!
I'm super stoked about this news. Brooks was one of the guys I truly wanted back. Now we just need to lock up Rogers for at least another 3 years and then franchise Goldson. (Even though it would be nice to get a long term out of him as well, but he isn't a Niner at heart.)
Wow! How good are the 49ers linebackers? Holy smokes we're loaded up front. This is a very exciting time to be a 49ers fan! Our defense is so boss!
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
Can one of you guys Tweet the Matts to get some confirmation on this. I hope I dont have a wood for nothing.

They have retweeted LaCanforas Tweet
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Best front 7 in the NFL.
man 7 mill a year is alot, this shows you guys who thought Aldon would be taking his spot, wrong

In many ways, I felt Brooks was our most important FA to bring back. His singing keeps the front 7 intact, and our pass rush is going to straight nasty for years to come. The LB corps is now the best in the league: All-Done, Bowman, Willis, Brooks. YIKES! As we know, the pass rush makes our DBs look a lot better as well. Now, we franchise Goldson and try to get Rodgers back at a reasonable price. If not, we'll draft a CB. It'll be a loss, but I'm not too worried about. In the long run, Brooks is more important and will play longer than Rogers.
f**k yeah!

best LB core in the league baybee
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
man 7 mill a year is alot, this shows you guys who thought Aldon would be taking his spot, wrong

yet when Baalke was asked "will Aldon Smith be an every down player next year", he laughed and said "yeah. i think thats safe to say."

and again, we dont know the breakdown yet.
glad the front 7 stay together

CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!!
Originally posted by Niners99:
Originally posted by Frisco69ers:

yet when Baalke was asked "will Aldon Smith be an every down player next year", he laughed and said "yeah. i think thats safe to say."

I would be stunned if Ahmad and Aldon are not the starting rush LBs in our base. (and DEs in Nickel)

Parys Haralson? Have a seat, and maybe expect that pay-cut.
Share 49ersWebzone