LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 236 users in the forums

Deal Done for Ahmad Brooks (6yr @ $44.5 million)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Brooks could've easily tested the Free Agent waters to make as much money as he could, especially since pass rushers are very few this offseason. He certainly could have made a lot more money that way. Instead he chose to sign with our niners, that there shows a great deal of loyalty and love of this team. All hail Ahmad Brooks.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Great move, gotta love Baalke

We now have Aldon Willis Bowman Brooks tandem for years to come
we're gonna be destroyin' fools for years to come.
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
SOOOOOHAAAAPPPPYYYY!!!!!!

Besides alex smith Brooks is/will be the most important FA signing on this team. Dude is soooo underrated on this board its not even funny. Dude was the major reason for our run defense dominance last season.

+1

Get Alex and Rodgers done. FT Goldson and then sign Blake and tender Grant. To me that is a great offseason.

they stated they dont wanna use the franchise tag if they don't have too
Originally posted by ImaMod:

nice
Originally posted by ImaMod:

This LB group could possibly be the best group to ever play together next year, with a full season and offseason in this system.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by dhp318:
To give him a 6 yr deal, they must think he'll take the next step and become a double digit sack guy next season.

Thats what i was thinking. The coaches see double digit sacks in Brooks and I trust this coaching staff.

Man, has Brooks come a lon way. Props to him.

Yes.

From a PS loser to multi millionaire

And don't forget, MadDog's whippin' boy.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
I love this signing. He's entering his prime and this keeps the main nucleus of the best front seven in football together. We might be moving in a different direction at CB, If so sorry Carlos Rogers.
Originally posted by Hopper:
I love this signing. He's entering his prime and this keeps the main nucleus of the best front seven in football together. We might be moving in a different direction at CB, If so sorry Carlos Rogers.

Looks Like Cullys the guy to me

Originally posted by KowboyKiller:
Brooks could've easily tested the Free Agent waters to make as much money as he could, especially since pass rushers are very few this offseason. He certainly could have made a lot more money that way. Instead he chose to sign with our niners, that there shows a great deal of loyalty and love of this team. All hail Ahmad Brooks.

"I feel like San Francisco's my home," Brooks said this week. "You know what I'm saying? I wouldn't want to play anywhere else, I wouldn't want to go through this entire process again - getting to know new teammates, a new coaching staff, a new defense. I'd rather just stick with where I am."

http://blogs.sacbee.com/49ers/archives/2011/11/ahmad-brooks-i-feel-like-san-franciscos-my-home.html#storylink=cpy
Originally posted by saniner:

Hell Yes! This Front Office is impressive.
Anybody remember that thread 2 off seasons ago where more than half this board was murdering Brooks b/c he finished last in some OTA's practice laps. I wasn't always sold on him personally. Props out to NCcommand who always talked up Brooks and his potential.
Originally posted by saniner:

a Nats hat?

cut him.
Originally posted by sachie23:
I'm shocked at this contract. I'm a big fan of keeping Brooks but I never thought he would get a deal this big. I'm thinking Goldson franchised, Rogers gone, and some cheaper vets brought in to backup at safety and corner. I think they will address secondary in draft as well.
This!
This could mean that the coaching staff and Baalke feels that Rogers INT's had A LOT more to do with our pass rush than Rogers himself. It also could mean that they are prepared to loose Rogers if necessary, could use a first rounder on a CB, and/or work Culliver or Brock in at the other coner spot. I thought they'd sign him to something along the lines of 30+ mil. And I'd bet good money that his contract is laced with mandates to his conditioning, as Brooks is known for being out of shape at times. But if I were Rogers I'd take a long look at Brooks' contract think long and hard before I shoot for the moon.
[ Edited by 9ersLiferInChicago on Feb 28, 2012 at 1:04 PM ]
Share 49ersWebzone