LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 242 users in the forums

Deal Done for Ahmad Brooks (6yr @ $44.5 million)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
Originally posted by HessianDud:
a Nats hat?

cut him.

JasonLaCanfora via Twitter: Unpleased with his choice of hat and zip up turtleneck fleece, the 49ers have cut newly re-signed LB Ahmad Brooks. #InsideSlant
I thought he'd get something like 4.5 mil a year...
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:
Originally posted by saniner:

Hell Yes! This Front Office is impressive.

Nice, reminds me of when we saw the pic of Braylon signing last offseason, lets hope he turns into better than that signing.

Hoping this deal is structured right, so we still have cap space to retain Goldson and Rogers on long term deals. Give Goldson a 5 or 6yr deal, Carlos 4 or 5yr deal. Then re-sign Costanzo soon Please Baalke, I love his energy. Then Alex gets done, then we move onto Snyder, Morgan and Ginn.

It will be amazing if we do keep Goldson, Rogers, Brooks, Alex, Costanzo and Spillman, like I had my doubts with the cap room, which must be more than believed.

Now priorities are WR and CB depending on free agency, possibly a RG if Snyder leaves.

If we also retain Morgan and possibly Grant, i'm fine with no outside free agents, we would keep the band together so to speak.
Originally posted by ImaMod:
Great move, gotta love Baalke

We now have Aldon Willis Bowman Brooks tandem for years to come

We do not have Bowman locked up long term. However he could be franchised, so in theory around a few more years.
Originally posted by okdkid:
Originally posted by HessianDud:
a Nats hat?

cut him.

JasonLaCanfora via Twitter: Unpleased with his choice of hat and zip up turtleneck fleece, the 49ers have cut newly re-signed LB Ahmad Brooks. #InsideSlant

lol, nice.
Looks like we don't need (insert random 49er) to play OLB anymore
making progress! I love having faith in my team, and not having to worry about things
I think people are underestimating Rodgers or slip him down a notch because of his age. He has alsways been a good defender, not because of the system, he did well in Washington, but he had a rep for dropping balls, if he didn't drop balls, he might have resigned or been sought after more. Now he has worked on his ball hawking skills and not dropping it. Cully is still another 2 years away from being in Rodgers league, but it is good to have Rodgers around so that Culli can learn, just like all those corners did with Lott. We could always sign rodgers to a long term deal and move him later to FS
Originally posted by WildBill:
I think people are underestimating Rodgers or slip him down a notch because of his age. He has alsways been a good defender, not because of the system, he did well in Washington, but he had a rep for dropping balls, if he didn't drop balls, he might have resigned or been sought after more. Now he has worked on his ball hawking skills and not dropping it. Cully is still another 2 years away from being in Rodgers league, but it is good to have Rodgers around so that Culli can learn, just like all those corners did with Lott. We could always sign rodgers to a long term deal and move him later to FS

its cause of his age, he is a good player, but i wouldnt give him more than 3 years
good news but damn........way to much

Originally posted by andes14:
Originally posted by valrod33:
Hmmm 30 year old CB ot 28 year old LB

Did Brooks get voted to start in the pro bowl or be named an all pro?

There's more to evaluating players than just their age...Rogers was a way better cb this year than brooks was olb...maybe we should tear up pat willis' contract and give it to scott mckillop since he's younger

dumb, rogers has never played this good in his career, possible fluke season. we know what we are gonna get from Brooks year in and year out.
Originally posted by kodiak9er:

BS he is a good pass rusher and a great run stopper.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Eric Branch ‏ @Eric_Branch Reply
RT @TaylorPrice49: Brooks excited about LBs "When you have somebody right next to you that's ballin', you have no choice but to ball, too

Cam Inman ‏ @CamInman Reply
Ahmad Brooks "Getting as much money as you can (in free agency) sounds good but what team is going to give you the best opportunity to win?"

Mindi Bach ‏ @MBachCSN Reply
Ahmad Brooks: "So excited to be here with the organization that allowed me to showcase my abilities" #49ers

I love this guy
Mindi Bach ‏ @MBachCSN
Brooks says Justin Smith, Ray McDonald and Joshua Morgan are in the locker room w/ him right now #49ers
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by gold49er2183:
Originally posted by kodiak9er:

BS he is a good pass rusher and a great run stopper.

this. He's so underrated and overshadowed by Patrick Willis, Navarro Bowan, Aldon, Justin etc
Share 49ersWebzone