There are 143 users in the forums

Deal Done for Ahmad Brooks (6yr @ $44.5 million)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Thats high!, but we knew it would take a lot. I just hope Goldson and Rogers wont be so high. I trust the front office though.
Cam Inman ‏ @CamInman Reply RetweetedRetweet Delete FavoritedFavorite · Close Open Details Confirmed: LB Ahmad Brooks is getting $17.5 million guaranteed in 6-year, $44.5 million to stay with #49ers and stay off free agent market

Not as crazy as it sounds...only 17.5 mill guaranteed
Originally posted by sachie23:
I'm shocked at this contract. I'm a big fan of keeping Brooks but I never thought he would get a deal this big. I'm thinking Goldson franchised, Rogers gone, and some cheaper vets brought in to backup at safety and corner. I think they will address secondary in draft as well.

It's Cully's time to shine. I think he's ready.
Originally posted by FILTHpigskin:
Ever heard of Nate Clements? Huge contract and a lot of years... that worked out well.

Yeah but with tons of unguaranteed money backloaded into the contract, it worked out pretty ok for us.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
so with Spillman and Brooks re-signing we have $30M in cap room still right?
I
Originally posted by niners94:
Originally posted by sachie23:
I'm shocked at this contract. I'm a big fan of keeping Brooks but I never thought he would get a deal this big. I'm thinking Goldson franchised, Rogers gone, and some cheaper vets brought in to backup at safety and corner. I think they will address secondary in draft as well.

It's Cully's time to shine. I think he's ready.
I
I hope so...but the teams apprach is clear. Draft well and keep your own players.
To give him a 6 yr deal, they must think he'll take the next step and become a double digit sack guy next season.
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Say goodbye to Haralson if he doesn't want to restructure his deal.

I would like to see some depth or we could always trade him. He will not be on the field.
Originally posted by dhp318:
To give him a 6 yr deal, they must think he'll take the next step and become a double digit sack guy next season.

Thats what i was thinking. The coaches see double digit sacks in Brooks and I trust this coaching staff.

Man, has Brooks come a lon way. Props to him.

Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by dhp318:

Thats what i was thinking. The coaches see double digit sacks in Brooks and I trust this coaching staff.

Man, has Brooks come a lon way. Props to him.

Yes.

From a PS loser to multi millionaire
What is the average for someone at his position?
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
The contract sounds about right to me. Only 39% of the deal is guaranteed.

And if he continues to put up 8 sack seasons throughout the deal, we will have got him at a bargain. He absolutely could've received more money on the open market this offseason.

He wants to be a 49er. Got to love that.
I might be wrong but I think getting the coaching staff back is more important than Rogers. I believe he is a product of the system. someone Will step up.
btw I want him back
Share 49ersWebzone