LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 278 users in the forums

Deal Done for Ahmad Brooks (6yr @ $44.5 million)

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • Cjez
  • Hall of Fame
Originally posted by taney71:
What is the average for someone at his position?

8" , flaccid
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Say goodbye to Haralson if he doesn't want to restructure his deal.

He is gone after next season and will be a b/u and ST next year.
GREAT MOVE! Way to go Baalke to get guys locked up before FA. He's a key piece to the defense, the guy was ballin in the playoffs and he and the niners d can get better. It was only his first full time starting and first time in the new defense and he can play end too.

Who are they going to sign next?
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by taney71:
What is the average for someone at his position?

8" , flaccid

Bravo
Originally posted by dhp318:
Originally posted by FILTHpigskin:
Ever heard of Nate Clements? Huge contract and a lot of years... that worked out well.

Yeah but with tons of unguaranteed money backloaded into the contract, it worked out pretty ok for us.

Yes, that was my point.
I think that came out sounding sarcastic... which, for once, wasn't my goal.
Great move! I expect his cap number to only be around 5mil this year and if we trade p.haralso. Then that would effectively cut that down in half.
Damn up to 44 mil?! 7 m/yr is a LOT for Brooks, don't you think? I was thinking like... 4 mil/yr.

Dude better clean up the offsides and earn that s**t!
To give him a 6 yr deal, they must think he'll take the next step and become a double digit sack guy next season.

You are looking only at his sack numbers. He also created 5 forced fumbles (a team record last year according to reports) and don't forget the interception(s). He will probably only get better now that he is familiar with the D. Plus they said the amount is the max he can get, not guarenteed, need to look at specifics, it might be laden with incentives, which is always good. create this many t.o get this much, for each sack get this much. Play this many games get this much.
SOOOOOHAAAAPPPPYYYY!!!!!!

Besides alex smith Brooks is/will be the most important FA signing on this team. Dude is soooo underrated on this board its not even funny. Dude was the major reason for our run defense dominance last season.
Originally posted by sachie23:
Originally posted by GhostofFredDean74:
Say goodbye to Haralson if he doesn't want to restructure his deal.

I agree. No way they are paying him 2.5 mill to backup.

considering we have zero depth at OLB and Haralson is a solid, experienced player who did well last season, I can't imagine he will be gone.

Originally posted by WildBill:
To give him a 6 yr deal, they must think he'll take the next step and become a double digit sack guy next season.

You are looking only at his sack numbers. He also created 5 forced fumbles (a team record last year according to reports) and don't forget the interception(s). He will probably only get better now that he is familiar with the D. Plus they said the amount is the max he can get, not guarenteed, need to look at specifics, it might be laden with incentives, which is always good. create this many t.o get this much, for each sack get this much. Play this many games get this much.
Dont forget the TFL's
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

Besides alex smith Brooks is/will be the most important FA signing on this team. Dude is soooo underrated on this board its not even funny. Dude was the major reason for our run defense dominance last season.

+1

Get Alex and Rodgers done. FT Goldson and then sign Blake and tender Grant. To me that is a great offseason.
  • Furlow
  • Veteran
And people think Alex Smith should get less than this?

Originally posted by SportsFan:
Originally posted by IdahoNiner:

+1

Get Alex and Rodgers done. FT Goldson and then sign Blake and tender Grant. To me that is a great offseason.

I Think they let Rogers walk and go with Cully. But like i said since the begining of the offseason. This secondary is a produc of the front seven. The front office knows this, as evidenced by this signing....i cant beleive most n this board prefered goldson/rogers back over Brooks. I hopr they all come back, but i think rogers is gone TBH.
Mods, feel free to merge...
Share 49ersWebzone