LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 270 users in the forums

What keeps the offense from begin elite

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by cNiner:
Alex nuf said .

Yup..I hate those QBs that rank in the top 10 despite their WRs dropping more passes per att. than any other team with a winning record while getting more pressure than 2/3rd of the NFL QBs.
ball placement has a lot to do with dropped passes. fact
This. Has anyone ever noticed that New Englands Rec never make great catches? Its because Brady puts the ball on the money so they don't have to.
Alex Smith
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by Joecool:
No, it is not. The only difference between Alex 2006 and Alex 2011 was his INT's. THAT difference alone produced a Rating that makes it appear like 2 completely different QB's.

Please do note the crap offensive talent Alex had around him (Gore excluded) in 2006.
i also think he just grew up, matured and showed some leadership, now you can argue how long it took for him but i guess he had to be in the right system. i also think he really did improve in his decision making skills,, he just did not make the major mistakes he used to make, backpeddaling and losing the football etc. I also noted that when he took off and make touchdown runs like vs the rams and the saints,, i swear the alex of old would have been either unable or unwilling to do that type of thing

I was mainly replying to the QBR comment. The ONLY significant difference between 2006 and 2011 was his INTs. That is huge in ratings. I think if 2006 Alex has a 6-year Vernon and Crabs (his go-to receiver this year) plus Harabaugh with the shorter passes than Norv requiring him to throw more deeper dig routes to Bryant, then 2006 Alex throws less INTs.
No, it is not. The only difference between Alex 2006 and Alex 2011 was his INT's. THAT difference alone produced a Rating that makes it appear like 2 completely different QB's.

Please do note the crap offensive talent Alex had around him (Gore excluded) in 2006.

That stat alone can be the difference between a winning team and a losing team.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by sdaddy101269:
This. Has anyone ever noticed that New Englands Rec never make great catches? Its because Brady puts the ball on the money so they don't have to.

crabtree had three in his chest vs the saints and dropped em all. my point is that all the guys on offense can improve and i am sure in a normal off season with the same coaches this will happen
Originally posted by sdaddy101269:
Originally posted by ChazBoner:
Originally posted by cNiner:
Alex nuf said .

Yup..I hate those QBs that rank in the top 10 despite their WRs dropping more passes per att. than any other team with a winning record while getting more pressure than 2/3rd of the NFL QBs.
ball placement has a lot to do with dropped passes. fact

Dropped pass stats are based on passes that a person can say 100% was on the WR not the QB or it is not considered a drop...even if it was 95% on the WR.

Fact.

Yes, that and one of the best Defenses and STs in the league.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Its happening.
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Its so comical to me that some posters continually say Alex ranks in the top 10 QBs.

Why it bothers you so much is the bigger issue. Just which team do you support anyway?

It doesnt bother me.....I said I think its funny. Big difference. I couldnt care less if people think Alex is the best QB in the world. But the point of a message board is to have discussions. So if someone says something I disagree with, I will chime in.

What does bother me is when posters like you make smug comments putting in question a person's fan card. Get off your high horse. I have been a season ticket holder for almost 2 decades. I am a die hard 49er fan. Just because I am not an Alex fan before I am a Niner fan like some people on this board shouldnt make you call the team I support into question. If you think by me not agreeing with the Alex stans on this board who blow his value/skills (to this point) way out of proportion, makes me a bad fan, fine. Your opinion.

This x 10. Snide comments like that really irk me and reek of elitism.

Yes, that and one of the best Defenses and STs in the league.

I could argue that our defense has been one of the best defenses in the nfl for some time. They just needed the offense/special teams to step up a bit and get them off the field a little. Our pass rush has improved...but overall we have had a very good D for a while.

ALEX SMITH........
The absolute inability of our offense to take the top off a defense. Whether it's the lack of a legit perimeter deep threat or Alex Smith . . . or both, other than our freakish tight end we don't have anybody that can get behind the defense consistently. We need more speed and shake on the perimeter.
Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
Its so comical to me that some posters continually say Alex ranks in the top 10 QBs.

Why it bothers you so much is the bigger issue. Just which team do you support anyway?

It doesnt bother me.....I said I think its funny. Big difference. I couldnt care less if people think Alex is the best QB in the world. But the point of a message board is to have discussions. So if someone says something I disagree with, I will chime in.

What does bother me is when posters like you make smug comments putting in question a person's fan card. Get off your high horse. I have been a season ticket holder for almost 2 decades. I am a die hard 49er fan. Just because I am not an Alex fan before I am a Niner fan like some people on this board shouldnt make you call the team I support into question. If you think by me not agreeing with the Alex stans on this board who blow his value/skills (to this point) way out of proportion, makes me a bad fan, fine. Your opinion.

Hypocrite = You

Happy to put 25% on each of the warning levels of the last 3 posters in this quote. What is the problem with you people? When you discuss things at home or at work do you start throwing abuse at everyone? It's Football. It's supposed to be a pleasure to follow.

And if this thread keeps moving towards let another Alex Smith Lite, it gets locked.
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
ALEX SMITH........

I am convinced that if Alex had 4 rings, 3 mvps and 5 pro bowl appearances that you, Sus, Baby and Fly would still say this.
Originally posted by Bootlegger:

This x 10. Snide comments like that really irk me and reek of elitism.

Learn to live with them. Unless you want your warning level spiralling.
Share 49ersWebzone