LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 243 users in the forums

What keeps the offense from begin elite

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by English:
Seriously, I don't know how you can describe Edwards and Ginn as solid offensive players.

Edwards was just a huge disappointment. Ginn is a great returner. But not a receiver.

So that may be your answer.

I agree, Edwards sucks....

Originally posted by OKC49erFan:
Originally posted by 80sbaby24:
Originally posted by oldman9er:
Its so comical to me that some posters continually say Alex ranks in the top 10 QBs.

Why it bothers you so much is the bigger issue. Just which team do you support anyway?

It doesnt bother me.....I said I think its funny. Big difference. I couldnt care less if people think Alex is the best QB in the world. But the point of a message board is to have discussions. So if someone says something I disagree with, I will chime in.

What does bother me is when posters like you make smug comments putting in question a person's fan card. Get off your high horse. I have been a season ticket holder for almost 2 decades. I am a die hard 49er fan. Just because I am not an Alex fan before I am a Niner fan like some people on this board shouldnt make you call the team I support into question. If you think by me not agreeing with the Alex stans on this board who blow his value/skills (to this point) way out of proportion, makes me a bad fan, fine. Your opinion.

Hypocrite = You

Happy to put 25% on each of the warning levels of the last 3 posters in this quote. What is the problem with you people? When you discuss things at home or at work do you start throwing abuse at everyone? It's Football. It's supposed to be a pleasure to follow.

And if this thread keeps moving towards let another Alex Smith Lite, it gets locked.

Err... IBTL???
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:
ALEX SMITH........

Don't.
Originally posted by Jakemall:
Originally posted by cNiner:
Alex nuf said .

Yup..I hate those QBs that rank in the top 10 despite their WRs dropping more passes per att. than any other team with a winning record while getting more pressure than 2/3rd of the NFL QBs.

Originally posted by oldman9er:
Its so comical to me that some posters continually say Alex ranks in the top 10 QBs.

Why it bothers you so much is the bigger issue. Just which team do you support anyway?

It doesnt bother me.....I said I think its funny. Big difference. I couldnt care less if people think Alex is the best QB in the world. But the point of a message board is to have discussions. So if someone says something I disagree with, I will chime in.

What does bother me is when posters like you make smug comments putting in question a person's fan card. Get off your high horse. I have been a season ticket holder for almost 2 decades. I am a die hard 49er fan. Just because I am not an Alex fan before I am a Niner fan like some people on this board shouldnt make you call the team I support into question. If you think by me not agreeing with the Alex stans on this board who blow his value/skills (to this point) way out of proportion, makes me a bad fan, fine. Your opinion.
this is what i meant to quote above, but couldn't edit my post to make it look like this. I could just as easily post other stats that don't make Alex looks as good too without the extra. Let the man have his opinion, and if you want to prove him wrong, let the the stats and arguments do the talking not the belittling.
[ Edited by Bootlegger on Feb 28, 2012 at 10:19 AM ]
ALEX SMITH........

I am convinced that if Alex had 4 rings, 3 mvps and 5 pro bowl appearances that you, Sus, Baby and Fly would still say this.
You are correct sir. I will continue to joke about Alex Smith till the day I die or am banted. Even if he turned into Joe Montana tomorrow, there is just too much history not to joke around......Just understand that I am joking.
Originally posted by Bootlegger:
this is what i meant to quote above, but couldn't edit my post to make it look like this.

I was snide?
ALEX SMITH........

I am convinced that if Alex had 4 rings, 3 mvps and 5 pro bowl appearances that you, Sus, Baby and Fly would still say this.
You are correct sir. I will continue to joke about Alex Smith till the day I die or am banted. Even if he turned into Joe Montana tomorrow, there is just too much history not to joke around......Just understand that I am joking.

Hahaha.
Seriously, I don't know how you can describe Edwards and Ginn as solid offensive players.

Edwards was just a huge disappointment. Ginn is a great returner. But not a receiver.

So that may be your answer.

I agree, Edwards sucks....

Well that's a powerful argument. One of the 15 catches he made last season. That certainly proves me wrong. He wasn't a huge disappointment, he was a great signing and a major contributor. And if we need another 15 catches next year, I guess Harbaugh has his phone number.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
ALEX SMITH........

One pro bowl would be a nice start.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
i am still unsure about the word "elite" i guess you can say cam newton and green bay were elite and so were the saints but they never got as far as we did.i just think a really good tight end, a upgrade in recievers, a full off season for alex and company with the same coaches and maybe a gore running back clone whose name is not dixon would give us a big upgrade with our offense,, which was not tragic last year

Err... IBTL???

I hope not. But that was the way it was moving.
Originally posted by susweel:
ALEX SMITH........

One pro bowl would be a nice start.

I agree..but he'll have to post a couple of great seasons before he does. It's a popularity contest and people don't forget 6 years of failure overnight...justified or not.
Well that's a powerful argument. One of the 15 catches he made last season. That certainly proves me wrong. He wasn't a huge disappointment, he was a great signing and a major contributor. And if we need another 15 catches next year, I guess Harbaugh has his phone number.

That was when he was healthy no different than if someone started off a comment on 2007 (shoulder year) and said we can easily find a QB who can give us what Alex did that year.

Fact is, a healthy Edwards IS that tall target we want. It was just an unlucky year of WR injuries for us. ANY team in the league would have suffered if their top two WR's were out...yes, even GB. What impressed me the most out of are passing targets is our "3rd WR" and TE showed they are capable of getting high numbers.
[ Edited by Joecool on Feb 28, 2012 at 10:27 AM ]
Originally posted by Bootlegger:
this is what i meant to quote above, but couldn't edit my post to make it look like this.

I was snide?

All I am saying is that there is no need to say someone is hating because he thinks the reason we do not have an elite offense is because of Alex Smith. I agree with him and can post stats like these to help prove my point. If you think otherwise, show me the stats you think are pertinent in showing that Alex Smith is not holding us back from being elite.

vs. the NYG in playoffs.
[ Edited by Bootlegger on Feb 28, 2012 at 10:28 AM ]
Originally posted by Joecool:

That was when he was healthy no different than if someone started off a comment on 2007 (shoulder year) and said we can easily find a QB who can give us what Alex did that year.

Fact is, a healthy Edwards IS that tall target we want. It was just an unlucky year of WR injuries for us. ANY team in the league would have suffered if their top two WR's were out...yes, even GB. What impressed me the most out of are passing targets is our "3rd WR" and TE showed they are capable of getting high numbers.

Inclined to agree. Just bad luck. He was looking solid for us until he was injured. he just never recovered and his attitude soured.
Share 49ersWebzone