There are 123 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

All free agents have been made an offer, who will be signed before the beginning of FA??

All free agents have been made an offer, who will be signed before the beginning of FA??

We can argue value of players to the team to the cows come home, the reality is the 49ers have made initial offers to all of the above players. The question is which player above will be signed before the start of FA.

I believe only one, so you have to pick which one you think will be signed.
Alex Smith.

Goldson is gonna get tagged and the rest of the guys are gonna test the market
I think Smith will sign soon mostly because he won't seek a 8th OC in 8 years and because he has very little leverage.

He should come cheap, as we know he does not want to leave harbaugh.
[ Edited by Young2Rice on Feb 23, 2012 at 1:16 PM ]
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
I think Smith will sign soon mostly because he won't seek a 8th OC in 8 years and because he has very little leverage.

My prediction is a 3 year 25 million dollar contract with escalators that can bump it to 30 million max. Just a wild arse guess, but i think I am close.
Originally posted by 9erred:
We can argue value of players to the team to the cows come home, the reality is the 49ers have made initial offers to all of the above players. The question is which player above will be signed before the start of FA.

I believe only one, so you have to pick which one you think will be signed.

Have they actually made initial offers or is this an assumption we need to make in order to vote. 'Cause I'd hate to lose this contest by picking Snyder only to find out they never actually made an offer to the guy
Smith and Rogers will sign.

Goldson will get tagged...maybe.

Snyder will test the market and return for lack of interest.

Ginn will test the market looking for WR money, find only return money so he returns.

Brooks will find someone who will pay him more than the 49ers are willing to pay so he leaves.

BOOK IT!
Originally posted by dj43:

Ginn will test the market looking for WR money, find only return money so he returns.

Brooks will find someone who will pay him more than the 49ers are willing to pay so he leaves.

BOOK IT!

I would give FA an A+ if the above happens.
Originally posted by Young2Rice:

My prediction is a 3 year 25 million dollar contract with escalators that can bump it to 30 million max. Just a wild arse guess, but i think I am close.

I would be ok with a 7-8 mill per year deal.

I'd rather have a low ball deal with incentives.just in case the offense gets too much for him and reverts back to the old smith or we are forced to simplify the playbook again.
Originally posted by dj43:

BOOK IT!

I would give FA an A+ if the above happens.

I would give ME an A+ if that happens.
[ Edited by dj43 on Feb 23, 2012 at 4:27 PM ]
OK dj, I want to play too!

Prediction: All sign and the Franchise Tag will not have to be used (Baalke's little hint).
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by midrdan:
Have they actually made initial offers or is this an assumption we need to make in order to vote. 'Cause I'd hate to lose this contest by picking Snyder only to find out they never actually made an offer to the guy

Yes. Every potential free agent was offered an extension mid season, obviously Alex Boone was the only one to sign the deal. Every agent should already have a revised offer in their hands or will have it by the end of the scouting combine.
Can't we select multiple FAs?
Smith will sign because not too many teams want him.
Originally posted by susweel:
Smith will sign because not too many teams want him.

He won't bother even looking around. He likes Harbaugh and fervently wants to prove his naysayers wrong. BTW, have you seen any of them around?
Can't help yourself, eh, sus?