There are 153 users in the forums

If Brooks Bails, Bring Back Manny?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
oh my god dude just seriously... please stop . He's not coming back, the coaching staff let him go in the first place in other words "we dont want him on our team, he's not a fit for our system". Seriously just let it go.
when i saw this thread my blood pressure started to rise with another lets get another x niner back lucky i saw this reply from willis and now i do not have to say anything,,, you sum it up very very well,, thank you whether its jamie winborn, jason hill, owens or whoever the hell else,,, what gives with the constant clammer to bring back x niners who are x niners for a reason

thanks lol
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
manny and clements were the stench of the old regime that needed to go, I think we got along pretty well without them
I love this idea.

I am a big ManLaw lover. He was a bawse on special teams as well, blocking 3 field goal attempts.
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Lawson is a 2 down Weakside LB in in a 4-3 Scheme he is and never will be a 3-4 Rush linebacker. Whoever said he had poor stats in Cinncy is completely stupid. compared to his final year in SF he had 7 fewer tackles playing almost exclusively on 1st and 2nd down, we also used him in an extremely similar fashion.

We used him more as 2 down WLB in our 3-4 scheme which makes ZERO sense.....Why it God's name would or should he be brought back as a player we chose not re-sign because he doesn't fit as a true 3-4 OLB.

If you wanted to argue his value to us we could've dumped or traded Haralson while re-signing Manny but why would they do that when Haralson at the time was under contract for another 2 years and just as solid against the run as Manny is.
[ Edited by sfout on Feb 22, 2012 at 10:22 AM ]
Originally posted by LasVegasWally:
Appreciate the idea but I don't feel he will make an improvement on our team. If he is so effective, why wasn't he highly sought after in FA last ear? Why didn't he get actively persued by the team he just played for?

I wish him well. That is well any other place but here.

The same thing could be said for Goldson around the league last year.....

Lawson was allowed to walk because we had Brooks locked up for much cheaper and Lawson felt as if he deserved to start over Brooks so their would of been a locker room issue. My question is "IF BROOKS BAILS", not kick Brooks out for Lawson.

edit: SF, please read closely.
[ Edited by Oakland-Niner on Feb 22, 2012 at 10:14 AM ]
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

Lawson was allowed to walk because we had Brooks locked up for much cheaper and Lawson felt as if he deserved to start over Brooks so their would of been a locker room issue. My question is "IF BROOKS BAILS", not kick Brooks out for Lawson.
the coaches felt that manny did not deserve to start over brooks. with this regime the inmates do not run the asylum. You do not really know why lawson was allowed to walk. jesus lawson can not rush the passer and if we was soooo wonderfull like some clammer, he would have been kept. he was not , he is over rated, he is an ex niner and he did nothing last year to suggest that will change.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Just pay Brooks
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

edit: SF, please read closely.

do you mean me? cause thats my point, we would not bring lawson back if Brooks left because Lawson isn't a 3-4 OLB he is a 4-3 WLB.....
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:
Just pay Brooks
this makes the most sense of all. And if not, plan b is to get a nice rookie and not some non rushing over rated x niner. imo
Originally posted by susweel:
Just pay Brooks

Not for what he's asking.

He's nuts if he wants $8 million a year.

• cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Schulzy:
Not for what he's asking.

He's nuts if he wants $8 million a year.
of course. I love brooks but you are right , not at that price. Thats why i said plan b is to get a third or fourth rounder you can groom.but the bottom line is that lawson is not the answer if brooks leaves
Yea Barrows tweeted me that Brooks is seeking 8 million a year. Ok he might be in outer space with that one.
Originally posted by lamontb:
Yea Barrows tweeted me that Brooks is seeking 8 million a year. Ok he might be in outer space with that one.

Thanks for your years of service mr Brooks
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:

brooks is now going to be an ex niner so i will hate him. thank you mr brooks but we will find a nice rookie. jesus 8 million bucks
  • sfout
  • Veteran
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by lamontb:

lolz I'm cool with a 6Mill average but 8mill is a bit laughable.
Share 49ersWebzone