There are 173 users in the forums

According to Adam Shefter, the 49ers are tryin to get 2 Top WR's

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by ads_2006:
well since reports are saying that teams consider morgan a special talent

locking up Morgan would mean we got 1 top wr

I wonder if other teams are just doing that to trick us, so we keep him and don't go after the guys they want.

Just kidding, lol
Originally posted by boast:
Wallace, Crabtree, Moss, and Morgan. now that's a WR corp.

Man, that sounds very dangerous.
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by sachie23:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Moss will be a role player receiver. I don't see as anywhere near a #1 type at this stage.

Harbaugh after the workout; 'Damn Randy, if we were both a few years younger...'

If he can take the top off the D I'm all for it. He could open up a lot for Crabs and Davis.

Agreed. Crabs is mainly a posession reciever so to have a guy like Moss blowing the top off of the defense would be huge.

I think people are underestimating Crabtree's YAC ability. He has decent stats considering our Passing Offense was pretty bland overall. Part of this is on Crabtree yet but part of it is on smith.

He's actually #11 in YAC in the league for WR's. Falls significantly down the list to 29 when you throw in RB's and TE's but I think he's more than a possession receiver.

Also people on this board seem to think that Wallace is still a possibility? For some reason in my head I thought that door was closed. Did I miss something?
It is closed, we will not give up our first round pick unless we lose out on moss Colston vjax meachem Manningham and so on
Originally posted by Oakland-Niner:

wowza
  • boast
  • Hella Fame

it's what needs to be done for us to win it all. that, along with keeping the D mostly intact.
it's what needs to be done for us to win it all. that, along with keeping the D mostly intact.

basically our entire D is staying together besides Carlos Rogers. On offense the only starters we would be losing is Alex and morgan. So yeah, get us 3 quality receivers and we should be golden.
The workout of Randy Moss...why didn't they kick the tires on this guy at the end of last year when our WR corps was decimated by injury and we were running Brett Swain on go routes in the must-score final drive of the Saints game? Might have helped against the Giants as well. Having said all of this, mostly as a logical retort the the Niners newfound interest in Moss, I'm not a big fan. Can he still "blow the top off" a defense at his age? Doubt it.
Originally posted by BSofSF:
The workout of Randy Moss...why didn't they kick the tires on this guy at the end of last year when our WR corps was decimated by injury and we were running Brett Swain on go routes in the must-score final drive of the Saints game? Might have helped against the Giants as well. Having said all of this, mostly as a logical retort the the Niners newfound interest in Moss, I'm not a big fan. Can he still "blow the top off" a defense at his age? Doubt it.

It was reported that he ran something like a 4.3 forty at his workout with the Saints

EDIT: he ran a 4.4 forty at his workout with the Saints
[ Edited by valrod33 on Mar 12, 2012 at 3:23 PM ]
Originally posted by valrod33:
Originally posted by BSofSF:

It was reported that he ran something like a 4.3 forty at his workout with the Saints

EDIT: he ran a 4.4 forty at his workout with the Saints

"While we aren't in the business of contradicting our sources, there technically is at least one way the session could have gone better. Moss could have run the 40-yard dash in 4.3 seconds. Instead, he didn't run the 40 at all."
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/03/06/moss-tryout-with-saints-couldnt-have-gone-better/

and pricey...no thanks
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

and pricey...no thanks

how do you figure? the only "pricey" one there would be wallace. With so many receivers on the market, Morgan is bound to be signed for cheap, especially with not having played for a large chunk of last season. You really expect Moss to ask for a contract that will break the bank after not being signed at all last year?
Originally posted by Rikimaru03:
Originally posted by DonnieDarko:

and pricey...no thanks

how do you figure? the only "pricey" one there would be wallace. With so many receivers on the market, Morgan is bound to be signed for cheap, especially with not having played for a large chunk of last season. You really expect Moss to ask for a contract that will break the bank after not being signed at all last year?

wallace would be pricey, too much money tied up in wrs
So if we get Moss and he puts up 1k, Vernon puts up around 800, and Crabs gets 700ish...what does that mean
Originally posted by jreff22:
So if we get Moss and he puts up 1k, Vernon puts up around 800, and Crabs gets 700ish...what does that mean

That the 49ers had at least 2500 passing yards for the season?
Share 49ersWebzone