There are 205 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

According to Adam Shefter, the 49ers are tryin to get 2 Top WR's

Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by elguapo:
For people defending Crabtree.....you cannot deny that he did awful in the playoffs and couldn't get open at all vs Webster. He is a good number 2 wr that has the potential to be a number one with better ol play better qb play and better play from himself. Maybe he will never be able to beat good CBS in the league, that's just a reality some of you have to accept. Crabtrees great games come against bad secondaries as evidenced by his few good games against ariz rams and a few years ago phi without Samuel and the raiders. All bad secondaries and crabtree gets open.

We need a number one wr, plain and simple. A better wr than Crabtree. If not we may never win a sb unless Alex gets a hell of a lot better and our ol gives him 5 seconds to pass. Even Brady has a weaker, rothlisberger has a Wallace, Eli has a nicks or Cruz, manning had a Wayne and Harrison, Bree's had a Colston. I hope this is clear enough to the people that think Crabtree is better than he really is. He is a very good number two wr but not a good one. We need a true number one wr plain and simple

Please he could get open against any secondary, see the Eagles game where he roasted Nnamdi.

As to the 2nd paragraph. Alex, Brady, Big Ben, Eli, Peyton, Brees one of these names doesn't belong here. Do I want Alex back yes but he's not on those guys level.

I think you might be in denial bro.
1. Crabtree can not get open against any secondary, that has proved to be dead wrong.
2. I did not put Alex in that category with the elite qbs in the league, that's why I placed a period after Alex and started stating that the best qbs in the league also have a good number one. Alex does not.
sincal, you are doing a pretty good job of defending your man, craps, but i would refer you to the tape of the N.O. game when alex hit him 3 times between the numbers 1 and 5. All 3 passes were dropped. In NYG game? 1 catch. That's no typo, 1 catch. Sure he had circus catches during midseason against Rams, AZ, and others. But when the money was down, chips on the table...#15 didn't show up. The Saints game was the one that dumbfounded most of us. Even I thot craps was better than that . I don't know, maybe it is his attitude, his seeming non-effort, that is the cause or maybe, just maybe he isn't as good as you think. As far as the insults, dtg handled it best. Personal insults like "stupid" and "ignorant" are not part of this board, which was good advice by dtg. It seems that you are almost singlehandedly , or with a fan or two, defending the indefensible. Really, go back and rewind the N.O. and NYG tapes and watch #15. He dropped passes that were right on the money.
Believe it or not, #1s don't do that. They are the guys that catch the rock and hang on. Your guy doesn't .

You are missing one other thing. Actually I would like to see craps get better. Better attitude, better routes, better hands, better effort...unnh...he can't run any faster....but you get the idea. What we have seen is a guy, 5th highest salary on the team, that has held out for half a season, missed all preseasons, and in tight games chokes or disappears or both. No he did not lose the NYG game, someone else did. But he sure as heck didn't help much. Seriously, go back and look at the tapes. There is no #1WR anywhere on the field for us. If you or someone else wants to argue that he is a #2 vs a #3 or 4, heck, i won't argue much. But good grief, man, a guy who zaps out in the 2 biggest games all yr? Sincal , the tape doesn't lie and we all have seen it.
Originally posted by hps49:
Shut it girls.

Mike Wallace and Randy moss gonna be niners

What's wrong with T.O. I want TO if you're calling for Wallace and Moss.
We can almost say that any number one wr could get more than the production Crabtree did against the saints and giants. Crabtree may turn out to be a good number one but as of right now he is a good 2 but not quite a number one wr.

By the way just bc a wr gets a 1000 yards does not make him great or even a number one wr.

The niners need a number one wr to win the Super Bowl, and if Crabtree becomes that number one in the next two years great but we still need another one. After 2 more years, you most likely know Crabtree is going to want to be paid like a number one and we will most likely lose him so we need another number one anyway just in case.

Moss would be a good wr, but we need at least another wr as good as Colston garçon Laurent Robinson, even though I prefer a good number one over an avg one.

For the people who argue Crabtree is so good, I have some news. Good Wrs don't disappear in games, even if they have a qb like Alex or a run heavy offense. Hell look at britt in tenn. a true number one in a run heavy offense with an avg qb. Sorry, sometimes the truth hurts, and if Crabtree was such a good wr, we really wouldn't be so desperate for another good wr like we are now.
Originally posted by hps49:
Shut it girls.

Mike Wallace and Randy moss gonna be niners

id masturbate with my tears of joy if this happened
I don't know why there is so much ado about a #1 WR. You need to bring in the best guys you can and have three good ones who play every week. If they are all the same type of guy and they produce? Fine!

Harbaugh will be cautious with Moss due to past issues but if he signs him I'll be happy knowing he can likely help the team. I would prefer younger guys who can build a rapport with all the QBs over the next year or so, but Moss is a special talent when on his game.
Moss will be a role player receiver. I don't see as anywhere near a #1 type at this stage.

Harbaugh after the workout; 'Damn Randy, if we were both a few years younger...'
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
I don't know why there is so much ado about a #1 WR. You need to bring in the best guys you can and have three good ones who play every week. If they are all the same type of guy and they produce? Fine!

Harbaugh will be cautious with Moss due to past issues but if he signs him I'll be happy knowing he can likely help the team. I would prefer younger guys who can build a rapport with all the QBs over the next year or so, but Moss is a special talent when on his game.

Bingo!! According to Smith quality of depth is far more important than having 1 elite wr. A couple years back Smith talked about the match up between the 3rd and 4th wrs that can be critical. You can always take the "elite" wr out of the game (almost always).
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Moss will be a role player receiver. I don't see as anywhere near a #1 type at this stage.

Harbaugh after the workout; 'Damn Randy, if we were both a few years younger...'

If he can take the top off the D I'm all for it. He could open up a lot for Crabs and Davis.
Wallace, Crabtree, Moss, and Morgan. now that's a WR corp.
Originally posted by boast:
Wallace, Crabtree, Moss, and Morgan. now that's a WR corp.

I'd rather have:

Wallace (I'm begging for this guy)
Crab's - needs to step it up but could be a great #2.
Morgan - very solid #3.
Williams - I know he blew it for us in the NFC title game but the dude has quickness and speed for a slot and 4th wr package set.

I just don't want Moss. I don't think Jim wants the headache either but one never knows.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by rk1642:
I'd rather have:

Morgan - very solid #3.
Williams - I know he blew it for us in the NFC title game but the dude has quickness and speed for a slot and 4th wr package set.

I just don't want Moss. I don't think Jim wants the headache either but one never knows.
i hate moss but the only saving grace is that we have a coach who will not take his crap.I will always drink the bathwater of coach h although a moss signing would be it a little tough to swallow
Originally posted by sachie23:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

If he can take the top off the D I'm all for it. He could open up a lot for Crabs and Davis.

Agreed. Crabs is mainly a posession reciever so to have a guy like Moss blowing the top off of the defense would be huge.
Originally posted by rk1642:
I'd rather have:

Morgan - very solid #3.

yea i think we'll add one reciever outright then prob replace anyone we might lose in FA through the draft
well since reports are saying that teams consider morgan a special talent

locking up Morgan would mean we got 1 top wr