LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 394 users in the forums

According to Adam Shefter, the 49ers are tryin to get 2 Top WR's

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I know it won't excite too many fans, but I could live with getting Randy Moss and Eddie Royal on the cheap, plus a third or fourth round rookie or two.

Crabtree
Moss
Royal
McNutt/Marvin Jones/ Ryan Broyles/etc.

That's a major upgrade over what we had, and if we can further bolster the running game and pass protection, it will translate to an even bigger upgrade.
Originally posted by JamesGatz83:
I know it won't excite too many fans, but I could live with getting Randy Moss and Eddie Royal on the cheap, plus a third or fourth round rookie or two.

Crabtree
Moss
Royal
McNutt/Marvin Jones/ Ryan Broyles/etc.

That's a major upgrade over what we had, and if we can further bolster the running game and pass protection, it will translate to an even bigger upgrade.

Who said it has to be a 3rd or 4th rounder? We could still draft a WR in the 1st or 2nd, like hill, streetern or quick, and have a much improved WRs
Originally posted by niners9:
Who said it has to be a 3rd or 4th rounder? We could still draft a WR in the 1st or 2nd, like hill, streetern or quick, and have a much improved WRs

We could, but I don't think we need to. If we have Crabtree, Moss, Royal, and a third-round WR (Streeter, McNutt, Jones, Criner, etc.), I'd rather use #30 on Fleener.

A passing game with Crabtree, Moss, Royal, Davis, and Fleener could be pretty scary. The play-action opportunities out of two-TE sets with Davis and Fleener alone would be impossible for defenses to deal with, especially with Moss on the outside.
let's sign Moss, and Colston, then draft Stephen Hill. Our red zone offense would be unstoppable!
I like the Moss, Crabtree, 2nd-3rd tier FA and/or later draft pick, Davis, Fleener offense.
A lot.
  • hps49
  • Veteran
I want Moss and Wallace. That'd be nice!
Originally posted by Genius1310:
I like the Moss, Crabtree, 2nd-3rd tier FA and/or later draft pick, Davis, Fleener offense.
A lot.

id rather take the hill/wright moss crabtree

then VD and a guy like egnew with walker

egnew fleener are similar sizes and such

the drop off in TE talent from 1st to 3rd round is almost non existant in terms of recieving skills
Originally posted by hps49:

While you're playing in Fantasy-Land, they could also add Tom Brady and Arian Foster.........put DeMarcus Ware opposite Aldon.

Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
id rather take the hill/wright moss crabtree

then VD and a guy like egnew with walker

egnew fleener are similar sizes and such

the drop off in TE talent from 1st to 3rd round is almost non existant in terms of recieving skills

What are you basing this off of? Egnew has literally no in-line blocking experience, he also played in a VERY limited route tree, he literally had to run out to a spot and chillax and wait for the ball whereas Fleener played in a pro-style offense.....Harbaugh's pro-style offense which relied on him to read what the defense was doing and find soft softs and openings to be able to make plays, one guy is ready to be a full-time starter immediately, the other guy will probably take a year or two to develop......people need to stop making these crazy hyperbolic comparisons in an effort to look enlightened.

In terms of raw receiving ability, there's a HUGE drop-off in receiving talent, you have Fleener and Allen.....and maybe Charles, after that there's a big drop-off from that point.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Mar 11, 2012 at 9:15 AM ]
  • okdkid
  • Veteran
What's the allure of Moss? Did we time warp to 2005?

Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by hps49:

While you're playing in Fantasy-Land, they could also add Tom Brady and Arian Foster.........put DeMarcus Ware opposite Aldon.

Tom Brady and Arian Foster is a bit much don't you think?

I'll settle for Peyton Manning
Originally posted by okdkid:
What's the allure of Moss? Did we time warp to 2005?

not gonna happen....

look for mid level guys who can catch, stay healthy, play ST if needed, and are generally reliable.
Originally posted by jreff22:
not gonna happen....

look for mid level guys who can catch, stay healthy, play ST if needed, and are generally reliable.

Meh, any top WR is not going to play ST though dude. Deciding you're not going to try to get a top WR because they can't/won't play special teams is not too smart IMO. A guy like Moss fits the first 2 criteria though of catch and stay healthy. Above all we need a WR who can get open IMO. As far as guys that are reliable, you can find those in the draft.
  • mike
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Meh, any top WR is not going to play ST though dude. Deciding you're not going to try to get a top WR because they can't/won't play special teams is not too smart IMO. A guy like Moss fits the first 2 criteria though of catch and stay healthy. Above all we need a WR who can get open IMO. As far as guys that are reliable, you can find those in the draft.

He can give Crabtree some tips on egomania and being a diva.
Share 49ersWebzone