LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 257 users in the forums

According to Adam Shefter, the 49ers are tryin to get 2 Top WR's

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by sfninerfanMax:
maybe do the Bill Walsh 1981 draft--instead of 3 secondary guys draft 3 WR's.

Why on earth would you do that when you're entire secondary was nominated to the Pro Bowl or at least an alternate.? That's smart then we could have Brett Swain and Kyle Williams playing some more

he means draft 3 WRs, similar to how BWalsh drafted 3 DBs when it was a position of need.
There are a ton of FA WR this year. I would think they'd pick up a FA WR and Draft an early on the OLine. San Fran is going to be tough as nails next year.

Reggie Wayne!
Originally posted by PatrickWillisHOF:
Reggie Wayne!

With Indy being as bad as they were without Manning, is Reggie Wayne really that good or was it Peyton Manning being that good? Last season, Wayne had a garbage QB throwing to him and I don't think I saw him on a single highlight all season long.

Originally posted by Drunkntailgater:
Reggie Wayne!

With Indy being as bad as they were without Manning, is Reggie Wayne really that good or was it Peyton Manning being that good? Last season, Wayne had a garbage QB throwing to him and I don't think I saw him on a single highlight all season long.

he had 900 yards and 7 TDs IIRC. With Orlovsky, Collins, and Painter throwing to him
Reggie Wayne!

he had 900 yards and 7 TDs IIRC. With Orlovsky, Collins, and Painter throwing to him
Originally posted by WillistheWall:

Really? Wow.....sure didn't seem like it. LOL. I guess his hightlights weren't as impressive as years past then? LOL.

Really? Wow.....sure didn't seem like it. LOL. I guess his hightlights weren't as impressive as years past then? LOL.

Nah he got wide open down field over and over again. Painter just couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with a football. Wayne burned the s**t out of Ike Taylor on deep routes vs Pit on MNF early in the season, but Collins and then Painter missed him 3 times when he was wide open. I think 1 of em was a slant go and the other 2 were just go routes. But he was doing his job. He just had pathetic QBing. He's still got speed and route running skills. He's not a bad player to get if we can't land 1of the big names.
  • Garce
  • Veteran
Originally posted by EndAround81:
SF knows where it needs help: 49ers expected to pursue a free-agent WR and use one of their top draft picks on another WR.

@AdamSchefter

sweet

at least he didnt say San Fran
Nah he got wide open down field over and over again. Painter just couldn't hit the broad side of a barn with a football. Wayne burned the s**t out of Ike Taylor on deep routes vs Pit on MNF early in the season, but Collins and then Painter missed him 3 times when he was wide open. I think 1 of em was a slant go and the other 2 were just go routes. But he was doing his job. He just had pathetic QBing. He's still got speed and route running skills. He's not a bad player to get if we can't land 1of the big names.

What's your thoughts on Randy Moss? He is stirring up everything talking about coming back. He's still servicable, but I think a team needs to have an elite QB for him to have the production anyone wants out of him.

[ Edited by Drunkntailgater on Feb 16, 2012 at 1:47 AM ]

a team with no WR's drafting and signing receivers??? WOW!!! it must be nice to get paid for stating the obvious and acting like you know something...
  • 4ML
  • Veteran
D.BOWEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE - Get him!!!!!
Originally posted by Squidp:
Meachem and Randle!!

plus Ginn
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Squidp:
Meachem and Randle!!

Take Meachem, hold the Randle, take Streeter or McNutt in the 2nd or 3rd round.

I want Meachem, then Fleener and Hill in the draft!
Originally posted by tohara3:
I want Meachem, then Fleener and Hill in the draft!

geez lol our average team height would be 6'3 if that happened, 3 monsters
Share 49ersWebzone