There are 73 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

According to Adam Shefter, the 49ers are tryin to get 2 Top WR's

Originally posted by elguapo:
Well we better get a true number 1 wr bc i dont know many sb champs that have won with a bunch of number 2s and 3s without a qb like brady to make them look better. We have crab a numbet 2 approaching a number 1 and then a bunch of number 3s. We need to get a number one wr even if its garcon or stevie johnson or wayne i dont care. You would think the playoffs taught our team this and i think we will get a fa wr but not one of the top 5....being v jax bowe colston deshaun jax stevie johnson.

I think we should give up our late first rounder for wallace. He is worth losing brooks imo

I'm not sure Wallace would want to leave Pitt for us though, unless it's just for the money. I wouldn't disagree with adding him though, he has skills for sure.
True. Pitt is so dam good at drafting wrs...like the niners from the 80s and 90s. Hell mcaffrey was sitting on our bench
We will get a 2nd tier reciever in FA (Steve Johnson whose only 2nd tier because of attitude, plaxico, or laurent robinson)

Probably a 1st on wr and 2nd or 3rd on TE.

Yes we will have more weapons harbaugh knows what he needs.
KEEP
1) Crabtree
2) Mogan
3) Williams
4) Ginn
DRAFT
RD 1.
FA
Go after a top receiver

Add the fact that Crabs will be going in to the offseason healthy, with competition for a starting role, I GUARNTEE Crabtree will play lights out and have a great season and be the guy we thought he would be
Originally posted by elguapo:
True. Pitt is so dam good at drafting wrs...like the niners from the 80s and 90s. Hell mcaffrey was sitting on our bench

I wanted Emmannuel Sanders when he was playing at SMU. Not sure what role he is going to be playing for them but he has some speed. Mike Wallace is legit. Not sure who else they have. I have no idea why MW would want to leave, but if he did I would love to pry him away. He's better than DeSean Jackson, Bowe, and up there with Colston and VJax IMO.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Yeah except all 3 of those secondary guys were starters, you're not going to find 3 WR's in this draft that will supplant Crabtree and Morgan right off the bat. I'd be happy with just one good WR.
I hope Shefty (Shefter) is right. Who says we are looking for draftees to supplant Crabs & Morgan. Neither is a number one WR, and thats what we need. The only one that needs to be "supplanted" is Crabs. Morgan is our solid #2. A WR FA and high pick at WR (1st) fills the hole at WR. Now I know thats not what the draft-Fleener-in-the-first crowd don't want to hear,or see the front office do, but it's what this team needs. We need WR's - in FA and the draft. If some haven't realized this by now this IS the NFL we are talking about. So "one good WR" won't take us deeper in the playoffs, much less win us a SB.
That's true Laurent Robinson would be a 2/1 and cost about 4 to 5 mil a year
Originally posted by Squidp:
Meachem and Randle!!

Meachem is a product of Drew Brees. No thanks.
Sign Dwayne Bowe and draft Alshon Jeffrey
Originally posted by 9ersLiferInChicago:
Yeah except all 3 of those secondary guys were starters, you're not going to find 3 WR's in this draft that will supplant Crabtree and Morgan right off the bat. I'd be happy with just one good WR.
I hope Shefty (Shefter) is right. Who says we are looking for draftees to supplant Crabs & Morgan. Neither is a number one WR, and thats what we need. The only one that needs to be "supplanted" is Crabs. Morgan is our solid #2. A WR FA and high pick at WR (1st) fills the hole at WR. Now I know thats not what the draft-Fleener-in-the-first crowd don't want to hear,or see the front office do, but it's what this team needs. We need WR's - in FA and the draft. If some haven't realized this by now this IS the NFL we are talking about. So "one good WR" won't take us deeper in the playoffs, much less win us a SB.

Bearing in mind we were 2 dumb plays away from the Super Bowl, not sure about your last line.

I am hoping for receivers at round 1 and 3 or 4 rather than FA, and a couple of late picks/UDFAs.
  • 9er2k
  • Veteran
Moss and T.O. together
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
lol a rookie picked 30th overall or later is a top reciever?

Certainly not to be expected but it's happend a lot near our pick and way later. Draft is and always will be a crapshoot.

R. White (27th Overall)
Nicks (29th)
Wayne (30th)
Britt (30th)
Boldin (2nd Round)
Desean Jackson (2nd Round)
Vincent Jackson (2nd Round)
Jordy Nelson (2nd Round)
Laurent Robinson (3rd Round)
Steve Smith (3rd Round)
Mike Wallace (3rd Round)
Ward (3rd Round)
Marshall (4th Round)
lloyd (4th round)
Colston (7th Round)
Stevie Johnson (7th Round)
Welker (Undrafted)
Cruz (Undrafted)
Originally posted by defenderDX:
Meachem and Randle!!

Meachem is a product of Drew Brees. No thanks.

Agreed. Meachem is really no better than Devery Henderson. Also has the worst hands on that team at the WR position.
Originally posted by sfninerfanMax:
maybe do the Bill Walsh 1981 draft--instead of 3 secondary guys draft 3 WR's.

Why on earth would you do that when you're entire secondary was nominated to the Pro Bowl or at least an alternate.? That's smart then we could have Brett Swain and Kyle Williams playing some more
  • mayo49
  • Veteran
Meachem and Randle!!

Take Meachem, hold the Randle, take Streeter or McNutt in the 2nd or 3rd round.

I dig that. I like both those cats.