There are 95 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

According to Adam Shefter, the 49ers are tryin to get 2 Top WR's

I have inside information from the most reliable of sources that there will be NFL draft sometime this year...most likely in the spring.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
I have inside information from the most reliable of sources that there will be NFL draft sometime this year...most likely in the spring.

LIAR !

Oh wait.....Cool !
Originally posted by JBatta49erfansince81:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
I'd Jizz myself if we landed Colston and drafted Stephen Hill

I don't think Colston would work for us. He is a product of that offense and QB. Colston has been the #1 WR on his team since he has been there yet he only has 1 double digit TD season and avg barely over 1000 yards per. We need a burner to stretch the D. I would like DJack or Bowe.
This.
Colston is a product AND has bad knees.
And Streeter apperently has bricks for hands.
Bowe's not leaving.
Djax is gettin tagged
Originally posted by martysofresh:
This.
Colston is a product AND has bad knees.
And Streeter apperently has bricks for hands.
Bowe's not leaving.
Djax is gettin tagged

I don't know where you heard that. Streeter performed pretty well with a s**tty QB situation. Unlike Colston, he'd actually be getting an upgrade when it comes to his QB. Streeter has a tremendous ceiling, great physical size, good speed, the only real negative about him is that he's very raw and would take a lot of coaching, the positive is that for the first time in years, this team finally has a coaching staff that is competent.


I think most WR's take some time to adjust, which is why I favor a big playmaking, instant-results guy like Fleener at TE who already knows the offense and then someone who is definitely a potential future #1 WR in Streeter to develop over time. Throw in a 2nd/3rd tier free agent WR and this offense gets a lot better in a hurry.
Vincent Jackson will be the next free agent signing and beast in this offense and Morgan, Davis, Crabs, and high draft pick either way we are gonna improve which is so great and makes me proud to be a niner fan
Originally posted by JerseyNiner:
Vincent Jackson will be the next free agent signing and beast in this offense and Morgan, Davis, Crabs, and high draft pick either way we are gonna improve which is so great and makes me proud to be a niner fan

I'm curious as to how much Jackson will be demanding per year. If its something like 6 or 7 mil per, that's reasonable, if he's looking for 10 or 11 mil per year, I don't think its worth it.
i think vincent jackson will be a niner too, it makes sense, he probably wants to stay in cali too.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by Snider8706:
Vincent Jackson: big WR who can get separation and has good hands.......all the things our WRs are lacking.

Vincent Jackson-30, head case, going to be ultra expensive.



Pass.

Why? Because he held out?
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Why? Because he held out?

No, because he's widely known as a diva and drama-queen. You bring a guy like that over to a team that doesn't pass nearly as often as San Diego nor has Phillip Rivers at quarterback and its only a matter of time before the incessant b***hing grows in volume.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

Pass on Colston, he's 29 and has been having some issues with his knees, would rather take a shot at a more affordable guy like Garcon and then draft a big "project" WR like Hill or Streeter to potentially develop into a #1 receiver.

Pass on MORE "PROJECTS" lol... I dont want projects i want guarentees. im not tryna have a guy be a project for 3 years then his 4th year we turn him into a superstar and then he costs us 50mil for having 1 amazing year and 3 years of eating off our coaching staff. nooooo thanks
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Why? Because he held out?

No, because he's widely known as a diva and drama-queen. You bring a guy like that over to a team that doesn't pass nearly as often as San Diego nor has Phillip Rivers at quarterback and its only a matter of time before the incessant b***hing grows in volume.

The most catches he's had in a season is 68. He'd get at least that much here. Rivers spread the ball around more in SD but here Jackson would be the focal point of the passing game.
Originally posted by SundayTicket:
Pass on MORE "PROJECTS" lol... I dont want projects i want guarentees. im not tryna have a guy be a project for 3 years then his 4th year we turn him into a superstar and then he costs us 50mil for having 1 amazing year and 3 years of eating off our coaching staff. nooooo thanks

Aldon Smith was a "project" for the most part, very raw, most people doubted he could be a starter....then again you were probably one of the guys crying your ass off when he was drafted. Talent is talent, I'll take a guy with an immense ceiling who needs to be coached over a guy who's a lot more ready but realistically has the talent to be a solid #2 guy at best.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Feb 16, 2012 at 7:09 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by btthepunk:
Why? Because he held out?

No, because he's widely known as a diva and drama-queen. You bring a guy like that over to a team that doesn't pass nearly as often as San Diego nor has Phillip Rivers at quarterback and its only a matter of time before the incessant b***hing grows in volume.

Another thing i dont agree with Phoenix... San Diego's office likes Vincent Jackson alot. they want to keep him there if they can settle a contract, and all of his players have understood the situation he was in during his lockout and "noted" welcomed him with open arms once he came back... San Diego wouldnt be trying to put him into a long term contract if he was such a bad apple.. And even if he does act up on our team, V davis will slap him around.. type in Vernon Davis fights on youtube lol.
Originally posted by aTx49er:
The most catches he's had in a season is 68. He'd get at least that much here. Rivers spread the ball around more in SD but here Jackson would be the focal point of the passing game.

Would still rather have Garcon because he's:

A. Cheaper
B. Younger
C. Had 900+ yards receiving with garbage at quarterback while playing opposite Reggie Wayne.
D. By all accounts a hard worker and a good character guy.




As far as Colston he's approaching 30 and has had microfracture surgery twice.....his knees are basically on a ticking clock.....do you want the 49ers to be the team holding the bag when that clock runs out?
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Feb 16, 2012 at 7:12 PM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by SundayTicket:
Pass on MORE "PROJECTS" lol... I dont want projects i want guarentees. im not tryna have a guy be a project for 3 years then his 4th year we turn him into a superstar and then he costs us 50mil for having 1 amazing year and 3 years of eating off our coaching staff. nooooo thanks

Aldon Smith was a "project" for the most part, very raw, most people doubted he could be a starter....then again you were probably one of the guys crying your ass off when he was drafted. Talent is talent, I'll take a guy with an immense ceiling who needs to be coached over a guy who's a lot more ready but realistically has the talent to be a solid #2 guy at best.

Dumbest thing ive ever heard... i dont know anything about college players, #2 im drunk off my *** on draft day lmao... He was labled a pass rusher so i was stoked.... And Secondly, Aldon smith was never a "project" lmao the kid had talent beyond belief and we drafted him 2-3 spots before most experts thought hed be taken.. 3rdly when we took him everyone on TV was yelling "I LOVE THIS PICK" lol.. where do you get your info from retard.com?