There are 141 users in the forums

According to Adam Shefter, the 49ers are tryin to get 2 Top WR's

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by SundayTicket:
Dumbest thing ive ever heard... i dont know anything about college players, #2 im drunk off my *** on draft day lmao... He was labled a pass rusher so i was stoked.... And Secondly, Aldon smith was never a "project" lmao the kid had talent beyond belief and we drafted him 2-3 spots before most experts thought hed be taken.. 3rdly when we took him everyone on TV was yelling "I LOVE THIS PICK" lol.. where do you get your info from retard.com?

Stopped reading at the bolded.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Dumbest thing ive ever heard... i dont know anything about college players, #2 im drunk off my *** on draft day lmao... He was labled a pass rusher so i was stoked.... And Secondly, Aldon smith was never a "project" lmao the kid had talent beyond belief and we drafted him 2-3 spots before most experts thought hed be taken.. 3rdly when we took him everyone on TV was yelling "I LOVE THIS PICK" lol.. where do you get your info from retard.com?

Stopped reading at the bolded.

yeah i shouldve stopped reading your posts after your thread of "delanie walker most overated 49er player". lmao
Pass on MORE "PROJECTS" lol... I dont want projects i want guarentees. im not tryna have a guy be a project for 3 years then his 4th year we turn him into a superstar and then he costs us 50mil for having 1 amazing year and 3 years of eating off our coaching staff. nooooo thanks

Aldon Smith was a "project" for the most part, very raw, most people doubted he could be a starter....then again you were probably one of the guys crying your ass off when he was drafted. Talent is talent, I'll take a guy with an immense ceiling who needs to be coached over a guy who's a lot more ready but realistically has the talent to be a solid #2 guy at best.

Well, retard.com and if you remember most of the people on here were pissed about the pick and saying Baalke needed to be fired.

Vincent Jackson would be a GREAT free agent signing.
yeah i shouldve stopped reading your posts after your thread of "delanie walker most overated 49er player". lmao
You just admitted you don't know s**t about college players and were too drunk to notice how pissed people off were when the Aldon Smith pick was announced...

You just admitted you don't know s**t about college players and were too drunk to notice how pissed people off were when the Aldon Smith pick was announced...

when this pick happened, i wasnt even a member of this message board.... so how would i know if all of the internet junkies were pissed off about some pick? lmao... i work in the city i didnt see anyone complaining about the pick... you sure ur not the one smoking a pipe? lol
[ Edited by SundayTicket on Feb 16, 2012 at 7:37 PM ]
when this pick happened, i wasnt even a member of this message board.... so how would i know if all of the internet junkies were pissed off about some pick? lmao... i work in the city i didnt see anyone complaining about the pick... you sure ur not the one smoking a pipe? lol

Dude no one liked the pick. We got blasted on Tv for this pick and for culiver.
They said both where major reaches!
The best thing they said was in 2-3 years he might be ready to see the field but for a team that needs help now, they missed big on better more ready players
Originally posted by solidg2000:
The best thing they said was in 2-3 years he might be ready to see the field but for a team that needs help now, they missed big on better more ready players

Culliver was the worse because that came as the hyper-reactionary's were still trying to make peace with the Aldon Smith pick.

"WHAT THE f**k, WE COULD HAVE HAD THIS GUY IN THE 30TH ROUND...NO WAY, BAALKE IS CRAZY, THIS DRAFT SUCKS, f**k IT I'M A RAIDERS FAN NOW!"
I'd rather take the BPA at 30. We'll see if there is a feeding frenzy when free agency begins. If that is the case I don't see the organization paying big bucks. The only receiver in the draft I like is Kendall Wright. Many of the others are bigger and slower, will they get separation at the next level?
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by solidg2000:

not true but nice try
Originally posted by Jcool:
not true but nice try

They got a decent reception for Aldon Smith, got blasted for Culliver.

This is just a question moreso than an endorsement. So we FA a #1 WR and draft a #2WR. Okay, to get that #2 we may have to give up something to go way up in the draft. Say we make a run at blackmon, and offer craps plus our 2nd our maybe our first.

Think about this: Say we do get bowe FA. Now we have 2 #1 wr, and i don't see baalke paying 2 guys to be a #1, when craps has produced no more than a #4 or #5WR.
Therefore, I think it is likely craps moves on if we go high to get a bonafide #2 in draft. Also then baalke pays #1 money to our FA WR only. Any thots on this? If we do acquire the two guys mentioned above that would leave FA #1, draftee #2, morgan #3 , kyle #4,and Ginn #5.
but we already have KYLE WILLIAMS!
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:
This is just a question moreso than an endorsement. So we FA a #1 WR and draft a #2WR. Okay, to get that #2 we may have to give up something to go way up in the draft. Say we make a run at blackmon, and offer craps plus our 2nd our maybe our first.

Think about this: Say we do get bowe FA. Now we have 2 #1 wr, and i don't see baalke paying 2 guys to be a #1, when craps has produced no more than a #4 or #5WR.
Therefore, I think it is likely craps moves on if we go high to get a bonafide #2 in draft. Also then baalke pays #1 money to our FA WR only. Any thots on this? If we do acquire the two guys mentioned above that would leave FA #1, draftee #2, morgan #3 , kyle #4,and Ginn #5.

Stop with this inane nonsense, plus your writing hurts my eyes. Also calling Crabtree "craps" is not clever or witty and makes you sound like a snarky 12 year old.

Crabtree is a solid receiver to have, not really a #1, not really a #2, somewhere in between. If the 49ers can further open up the offense more, he'll be left open more often. Basically the 49ers had 2 threats this year in the passing game, VD and Crabtree, when a team only has to focus on two guys, it makes things a hell of a lot easier. Crabtree is fine, he's a great contributor to the team, if they can sign someone like Garcon, then with Garcon, Crabtree, Morgan and a rookie this team will all of the sudden have a very nice corps of WR's.
Fill immediate needs with FAs and then draft the best players available in areas of need. If someone remarkable is available in an area of strength...draft them over a lesser player in an area of need. Baalke is pretty good at filling holes and finding gems. Looking forward to this draft more than any in recent memory.
Originally posted by pasodoc9er:

We're not turning Crabtree into Blackmon IMO. I think more realistic would be signing a guy like Colston or VJax in FA, then picking a guy like Reuben Randle or whoever falls in the first. I wouldn't mind just picking Marvin Jones, Jarius Wright, or Joe Adams later on in the draft like rounds 3 or so. If Randle/Floyd/Kendall Wright are gone in the first that's what I'd do. Give ma a CB, RG, or OLB in the first as long as we get some recieving help in FA.
Share 49ersWebzone