There are 256 users in the forums

Is there any 49er that is more over-rated than Delanie Walker?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by Young2Rice:
He means they both can't hold on to the ball.

But Walker can run better routes, can block better, covers kicks, covers punts and can return kicks and punts if needed.

Ginn can't do s**t but return punts and he sucks at it this year.

Great, that means they can upgrade on both guys, I wasn't aware that this an either or situation.
Originally posted by H41L5ATAN:
That is saying the least. Delanie Walker should have been used in a Marcel Reece way from the start. I hope Antonio Gates want's out of SD or is a cap casualty.

Just in time for him to turn 50 years old? What exactly makes you think than an injury-prone, over-the-hill tight end is just what the doctor ordered for this team? Gates is frail and has been declining since 2010, not sure why anyone assumes that he'll all of a sudden turn it around.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Jan 24, 2013 at 5:42 PM ]
Didn't Walker catch what was thrown his way against the Falcons? I don't remember any drops.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
Didn't Walker catch what was thrown his way against the Falcons? I don't remember any drops.

LOL....he had one reception in the game and I believe 2 targets total, not much of a chance to really drop anything.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

LOL....he had one reception in the game and I believe 2 targets total, not much of a chance to really drop anything.

he was blocking pretty well for Gore on the read option and that catch he made was huge.
Originally posted by socalniner:
If he'd make all his catches and Akers made all his kicks, we'd be undefeated

THIS
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WRATHman44:

THIS

Really, really?!
patrick willis
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

he was blocking pretty well for Gore on the read option and that catch he made was huge.
i think we can find someone who can block just as good and make more than one catch in a game while not dropping 3 in the off season
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
Originally posted by WRATHman44:

THIS
that would have not helped us vs the vikings, giants and hawks it would have in the two rams losses

Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by blizzuntz:

i think we can find someone who can block just as good and make more than one catch in a game while not dropping 3 in the off season

if you say so
Manos de Piedra. But, the guy knows how to get open.
Originally posted by Legbreaker:
Why is Delanie so highly regarded?

Here's why:
1) Great blocker
2) Natural receiver
3) Extremely hard worker
4) Great in space

The guy does a bunch of little things that don't show up on the stat sheet. He's a really good player, and a great complement to Vernon.

This x2... He allows us to do so much. Don't kid yourself.
To answer your question, YES there is a 9er more overrated that Walker.
He is overrated in terms of being a pass catching TE. With that said, I actually want him brought back to the team for a longterm deal if it is reasonable. He brings a lot of other things to the offense and to me a 3rd TE in this offense holds greater value than a 5th receiver. I still hope the 49ers draft a TE in the first 5 rounds that is a better pass catcher to eventually take over for Walker as the no. 2 behind Vernon Davis. The only thing that it's unlikely that it will be a 1st round pick because I doubt we'd put 10 million a year into the TE position (between Vernon Davis, Delanie Walker, and a 1st round rookie).
Share 49ersWebzone