LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 284 users in the forums

Is there any 49er that is more over-rated than Delanie Walker?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
I see this guy doing 2 things and only 2 things
A) Dropping passes
B) Laughing with opponents
  • titan
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Originally posted by titan:
The role Walker plays for us is very hard to upgrade. TE/WR/Blocker/ Sp teams? I don't think the Jack of all trades backup is a position you can really upgrade. I think the starting TE position really can use some help. We are really blaming Walker for VD's shortcomings. In reality VD needs to be more productive to where we don't need to give Walker that many looks.

LOL.....and why not exactly? Walker was a 6th round WR. You can draft a TE that will do a solid job as a blocker, be far more reliable as a pass catcher and improve the offense even further.

This "jack of all trades" rubbish is absurd. Yes, hold on to a guy because he can do like a dozen different things, except only one of them really well, and is a major detriment in the passing game considering how many snaps the #2 TE gets in this offense.

Lol.Name me another 6th rd. pick that blocks from a TE and effectively from the back field that can also line up as a WR! Find me a player like that and I guarantee you we will over pay for him. That would mean less money to resign our starting players. They should really just stop playing madden football! People think every player has to be a star. Teams need players like Walker to do the dirty job, but apparently that is under appreciated now.
Delanie! you need to be on your freaking A game bro! No lapse's in concentration, no dropped balls.

Just smooth catches and big YAC. #Stepyagameup
Lol.Name me another 6th rd. pick that blocks from a TE and effectively from the back field that can also line up as a WR! Find me a player like that and I guarantee you we will over pay for him. That would mean less money to resign our starting players. They should really just stop playing madden football! People think every player has to be a star. Teams need players like Walker to do the dirty job, but apparently that is under appreciated now.

Of course, because asking a guy who plays over 50% of the offensive snaps to be able to hold on to the damn ball and not lead the NFL in drops percentage is just asking way too much.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Jan 19, 2013 at 8:40 PM ]
  • titan
  • Veteran

Of course, because asking a guy who plays over 50% of the offensive snaps to be able to hold on to the damn ball and not lead the NFL in drops percentage is just asking way too much.

Yeah blame the guy. Like you said plays 50% of the offense in a 16 game season and only targeted 36 times in the passing game. There's also a very good chance he was the 3rd or 4 th look. My point is he may have some drops but he is not the focus of our team. He does play an important part.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/01/22/signature-stats-drop-rate-tight-ends/
Originally posted by Jcool:

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/01/22/signature-stats-drop-rate-tight-ends/
Ouch! That sums it up pretty well
he is a good steady player ...
If he'd make all his catches and Akers made all his kicks, we'd be undefeated
Stats aren't everything, some of these fans just don't get that. He's more valuable than Ginn to say the least.

Originally posted by Frisco69ers:
Stats aren't everything, some of these fans just don't get that. He's more valuable than Ginn to say the least.

That is one of the most random comparisons I've ever heard.

What the hell does that have to do with him being unable to hold on to the ball???
Originally posted by Jcool:

We target him far too often, especially in crucial situations. He's not reliable.

That is one of the most random comparisons I've ever heard.

What the hell does that have to do with him being unable to hold on to the ball???

He means they both can't hold on to the ball.

But Walker can run better routes, can block better, covers kicks, covers punts and can return kicks and punts if needed.

Ginn can't do s**t but return punts and he sucks at it this year.

That is saying the least. Delanie Walker should have been used in a Marcel Reece way from the start. I hope Antonio Gates want's out of SD or is a cap casualty.
we can re-sign delanie to play special teams and as a #3 or #4 TE, or #2 FB, but not as a starting TE, there are far better pass catchers out there (celek)
Share 49ersWebzone