There are 185 users in the forums

Is there any 49er that is more over-rated than Delanie Walker?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
  • 8to80
Originally posted by cciowa:
stop it, what the hell does alex have to do with walker? walker needs to be and should be replaced after this year. come on, we need a guy who can catch. why do some have to give alex a shot all the time?

The thread title is....."Is there any 49er that is more over-rated than Delanie Walker?"

I think he's just answering the thread title with his opinion. Aren't we a little sensitive?

I like Walker. I don't see how he can be over-rated as a 2nd string TE. He's no A. Hernandez, but no 2nd string TE has production like A. Hernandez.
[ Edited by 8to80 on Dec 9, 2012 at 10:53 AM ]
I wonder how many forums have a thread about their #2 TE?
Originally posted by Allx9er:

LOL! Well...I guess we can be happy so many SF fans are rabid!
Originally posted by dtg_9er:
Originally posted by Allx9er:

LOL! Well...I guess we can be happy so many SF fans are rabid!

Ya know
did you like the block on the TD run?
worthless piece of s**t
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
worthless piece of s**t

Absolutely. Did you see he only had ONE clutch TD catch, and then leveled a couple of folks on other plays?

He's absolutely worthless. We need to cut his butt and move on and find someone better.

this thread...
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Just asking. I keep hearing that the 49ers shouldn't draft a tight-end because they've got one great TE and one "very good TE." I'm just trying to discover what this is being based off of?

-His career high of 330 yards receiving?

-His career total of 5 touchdown's?

-The fact that he's 6 feet tall, considerably shorter than just about every other tight-end in football?

-The fact that up until this season he had fumbled the ball away more times than he had scored touchdowns?

-After the Giants game he went the rest of the season without a reception and dropped a few key passes during that time.

I just don't get the hype. Yeah he's a good blocker and a so-so receiver, but he's also extremely under-sized, seeing how frequently the 49ers use 2 TE sets, I think its rather foolish to say "oh no, they don't need to improve" when you've got a rather ordinary 2nd TE by all accounts.

I'm just trying to figure out where the hype is coming from. He's a solid player and a good stop-gap but to go out and say "no, we're good, we don't need anymore" when New England had 2 tight-ends with basically 1000 yard seasons, when Carolina has 2 TE's going 6'5", is very short-sighted.

Yet I keep hearing on the Webzone and pretty much everywhere else "oh, no, we're good, we have two good tight ends, we don't need anymore", like this self-perpetuating mythology that has built up.

Mods, I demand this poster be banned for starting more useless threads than I have....

Originally posted by billbird2111:
Absolutely. Did you see he only had ONE clutch TD catch, and then leveled a couple of folks on other plays?

He's absolutely worthless. We need to cut his butt and move on and find someone better.

this thread...

and a dumbass fumble.
Originally posted by Thorhawk:

this thread...

and a dumbass fumble.

He redeemed the fumble with the TD. Add in the onside kick recovery and the lead blocking on the James kick return.. it was a good day for Delanie.

Originally posted by 49erFaithful6:
He redeemed the fumble with the TD. Add in the onside kick recovery and the lead blocking on the James kick return.. it was a good day for Delanie.

OMG......are you serious? He happened to be wide open and managed not to drop the ball like he does 50% of the time.......book him for the Hall of Fame right now.

That fumble was just the latest example of why this guy can't be trusted with the ball, his overall drop rate is around 50%, I wouldn't even venture to see what his fumble rate is in comparison to the amount of times he gets the ball.

this thread...

LOL at clutch........wide open in the end-zone is now clutch? Strong standards are strong. Now he almost has as many touchdowns for his career as he has drops...this year.

Forget the fumble on the goal line of course.....

this thread...
Only for certain fans is a routine catch that 99% of the receivers in the NFL are expected to make...."clutch"

Its like people never watched Jerry Rice play or something.............
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Dec 17, 2012 at 1:07 AM ]
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:

this thread...
Only for certain fans is a routine catch that 99% of the receivers in the NFL are expected to make...."clutch"

Its like people never watched Jerry Rice play or something.............

In a steady rain with a wet ball nothing is "routine". Ridley fumbled twice, Vereen fumbled once, Kaep fumbled like 3-4 times on QB center exchanges (it doesn't get more routine than that), Ginn muffed a punt,

Walker was contacted by a Pats defender as he hits the turf and must maintain control throughout the act of the catch. Clearly redeemed himself with that one. Took a potential score off the board with the fumble.. got it back with the catch.
This dude is soooooooooooooooo jekyll and hyde it ant funny. Hes even won a game for us being the only guy with a TD. He still needs more work, I'd rather stay with a guy we know that is a project then go looking for someone else. Walker knows the system and is more than handy in STs.
Share 49ersWebzone