LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 231 users in the forums

Is there any 49er that is more over-rated than Delanie Walker?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by 9erred:
Originally posted by Legbreaker:
More overrated than Delanie? Hm.

Let me see...oh yeah...Colin Kaepenick.

Yes, that was Colin Kaepernick who threw the ball perfectly into Walker bread basket for the TD that would have put the niners up last week. That was CK who hit Delanie in stride the week before. So Kaepernick is rising boats, wheras Walker is lowering boats.
it was a designed drop to make NT explode

Delanie Walker isnt overrated. He just flat out sucks.
Delanie is frustrating when it comes to his pass catching. Makes good catches, then goes to drop boneheaded ones. Inconsistent as hell.
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

Yes, that was Colin Kaepernick who threw the ball perfectly into Walker bread basket for the TD that would have put the niners up last week. That was CK who hit Delanie in stride the week before. So Kaepernick is rising boats, wheras Walker is lowering boats.

lolololololol
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Delanie is frustrating when it comes to his pass catching. Makes good catches, then goes to drop boneheaded ones. Inconsistent as hell.

just like TO...just have to take the good with the bad...not too many back up TE's that are better out there...so much fuss over a back up player...
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Originally posted by 49AllTheTime:

lolololololol

perfect execution
Overrated. Hmmmmmmm........Alex Smith. Wait don't you have to be kinda good to be overrated.
Originally posted by Hitman49:
Originally posted by qnnhan7:

just like TO...just have to take the good with the bad...not too many back up TE's that are better out there...so much fuss over a back up player...

Calling Delanie a "back-up" can be mis-leading. While technically he is below Davis on the depth chart, Walker is still used in the majority of offensive snaps. Walker is featured in our offense more so than other teams secondary tight-ends. Walkers versatility meshes very well with Harbaugh's/Roman's system.

While I appreciate Walkers unique skill set I am sick and tired of seeing him drop passes. As long as he continues dropping perfectly placed balls he deserves the "over-rated" label. I wouldn't mind letting him walk this off-season and looking for an upgrade in the draft. Perhaps one of our 3rd round picks will yeild an athletic pass catching tight-end. The only scenario in which I wouldn't mind him returning next season is if the market for TE's this offseason is really weak and we can sign him on the cheap.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Call me crazy but I'd rather have a guy who's good at playing tight-end and is a legitimate red-zone threat than a jack of all trades and master of none.

OK, you're crazy!
Originally posted by Hitman49:

Not sure if serious? The guy has 12 catches and SEVEN drops. I love this classic refrain of "well there's not many backup TE's that are better." Give me a f**king break with this b******t, it ain't playing with anyone but the hardcore Walker apologists. The guy gets enough offensive snaps to be a starter, enough with the excuses, the 49ers clearly can and should do better with a guy who is on the field as much as Walker is.

Originally posted by goodthings19:
Calling Delanie a "back-up" can be mis-leading. While technically he is below Davis on the depth chart, Walker is still used in the majority of offensive snaps. Walker is featured in our offense more so than other teams secondary tight-ends. Walkers versatility meshes very well with Harbaugh's/Roman's system.

While I appreciate Walkers unique skill set I am sick and tired of seeing him drop passes. As long as he continues dropping perfectly placed balls he deserves the "over-rated" label. I wouldn't mind letting him walk this off-season and looking for an upgrade in the draft. Perhaps one of our 3rd round picks will yeild an athletic pass catching tight-end. The only scenario in which I wouldn't mind him returning next season is if the market for TE's this offseason is really weak and we can sign him on the cheap.
If he's looking for more than a $1.5 mil per, he's asking to be overpaid as far as I'm concerned. With potentially 3 3rd round picks, the 49ers can replace him with someone significantly more talented, who can actually hold on to the ball.
This thread is for discussing if Walker is overrated, not taking shots at Alex or Kap. Don't do it.
Originally posted by cook49ers:
Originally posted by GNielsen:
It's going to take me a while to get over that miss last Sunday, because he just has to make that catch to make it a 70-second response to a catastrophic mistake in a hostile dome stadium. And it wasn't one of Kaepernick's fastballs. It was a floater right into his hands. Horrible, man, horrible.

But it was a bad play call. Dont know whether it was the coaches or Kaep just audibling out, but why even go for a TD and give the other team the opportunity to tie it with a TO left. Interesting that a lot of times the team plays ultraconservative when we shouldnt, and the one time where a run-run-run FG would have won us the game, we opt for a TD pass - run - run to the outside - FG. Bad playcalling leading to bad execution all around on those final 4 downs, and thats what did us in.

Gotta blame coaching on that. Mind you, Kaep 50+ yard run was right before the 2 minute warning; Im surprised no one bothered to tell him during the break that the objective was to leave the Rams minimal time to execute.

Is this for real? did you really just say that? Dude has a TD and the game in the bag and he drops the damn ball and you are blaming the coaching staff? This has be be a joke.
Originally posted by bigwads:
Originally posted by cook49ers:
Originally posted by GNielsen:
It's going to take me a while to get over that miss last Sunday, because he just has to make that catch to make it a 70-second response to a catastrophic mistake in a hostile dome stadium. And it wasn't one of Kaepernick's fastballs. It was a floater right into his hands. Horrible, man, horrible.

But it was a bad play call. Dont know whether it was the coaches or Kaep just audibling out, but why even go for a TD and give the other team the opportunity to tie it with a TO left. Interesting that a lot of times the team plays ultraconservative when we shouldnt, and the one time where a run-run-run FG would have won us the game, we opt for a TD pass - run - run to the outside - FG. Bad playcalling leading to bad execution all around on those final 4 downs, and thats what did us in.

Gotta blame coaching on that. Mind you, Kaep 50+ yard run was right before the 2 minute warning; Im surprised no one bothered to tell him during the break that the objective was to leave the Rams minimal time to execute.

Is this for real? did you really just say that? Dude has a TD and the game in the bag and he drops the damn ball and you are blaming the coaching staff? This has be be a joke.

He was banned, don't worry about it. PBM.

Has Walker ever scored 10 points for the other team? Just curious.
Share 49ersWebzone