There are 66 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Is there any 49er that is more over-rated than Delanie Walker?

  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 25,430
not since arnez battle has one person been so over estimated and over rated by some fans
Originally posted by mug0mug:
And remember he was drafted in the 6th round. Not much was expected of him and he's played well enough to compete for the #1 TE spot on some teams, along with having great versatility. Everyone would rather have Gronkowski, but you can't have the best player in the league at every position. I'd love to improve every position, but you have to have priorities and TE isn't one of'em with some much greater needs elsewhere.




It's going to take me a while to get over that miss last Sunday, because he just has to make that catch to make it a 70-second response to a catastrophic mistake in a hostile dome stadium. And it wasn't one of Kaepernick's fastballs. It was a floater right into his hands. Horrible, man, horrible.
Originally posted by GNielsen:
It's going to take me a while to get over that miss last Sunday, because he just has to make that catch to make it a 70-second response to a catastrophic mistake in a hostile dome stadium. And it wasn't one of Kaepernick's fastballs. It was a floater right into his hands. Horrible, man, horrible.

Yep. And he followed up with a penalty the next play.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 25,430
Originally posted by SportsFan:
Originally posted by GNielsen:
It's going to take me a while to get over that miss last Sunday, because he just has to make that catch to make it a 70-second response to a catastrophic mistake in a hostile dome stadium. And it wasn't one of Kaepernick's fastballs. It was a floater right into his hands. Horrible, man, horrible.

Yep. And he followed up with a penalty the next play.
plus vernon was the invisible man out there. there has to be someone we can draft that can do better than walker. maybe mid round?
Forgot about the penalty the next play, hope they use one of their plethora of mid round picks next year on a TE.
They've got a massive amount of picks. I wouldn't be surprised if they moved up to take another freak like Davis at TE, maybe in the second round.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 25,430
Originally posted by GNielsen:
They've got a massive amount of picks. I wouldn't be surprised if they moved up to take another freak like Davis at TE, maybe in the second round.

quik off topic sorry,,,, do you dare think they will spend a pick on a kicker?? we have to do something on that
Originally posted by cciowa:
Originally posted by GNielsen:
They've got a massive amount of picks. I wouldn't be surprised if they moved up to take another freak like Davis at TE, maybe in the second round.

quik off topic sorry,,,, do you dare think they will spend a pick on a kicker?? we have to do something on that

Paying an established kicker > wasting a draft pick.
Originally posted by cciowa:
not since arnez battle has one person been so over estimated and over rated by some fans

Yep. And the announcers are always going crazy over him. I just think in this system we need another explosive TE. I like DWalk but he is maddening!!!
Originally posted by GNielsen:
It's going to take me a while to get over that miss last Sunday, because he just has to make that catch to make it a 70-second response to a catastrophic mistake in a hostile dome stadium. And it wasn't one of Kaepernick's fastballs. It was a floater right into his hands. Horrible, man, horrible.


But it was a bad play call. Dont know whether it was the coaches or Kaep just audibling out, but why even go for a TD and give the other team the opportunity to tie it with a TO left. Interesting that a lot of times the team plays ultraconservative when we shouldnt, and the one time where a run-run-run FG would have won us the game, we opt for a TD pass - run - run to the outside - FG. Bad playcalling leading to bad execution all around on those final 4 downs, and thats what did us in.

Gotta blame coaching on that. Mind you, Kaep 50+ yard run was right before the 2 minute warning; Im surprised no one bothered to tell him during the break that the objective was to leave the Rams minimal time to execute.
One big question going into 2013. Is there someone that can be our explosive TE2 via draft or free agency. I'd hate to draft a kid we've got to wait 3 years for when Delanie is a capable TE2. A bunch wanted Fleener this year, he's gonna take time. Delanie does a lot of good things.
I think we should keep Delanie, if he comes cheap. He's a valuable backup TE that does everything they ask of him. I think maybe he should work on his pass catching skills. Have them shoot fastballs to Delanie everyday in practice to catch using those ball throwing machines.
  • cciowa
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 25,430
Originally posted by ginseng1000:
I think we should keep Delanie, if he comes cheap. He's a valuable backup TE that does everything they ask of him. I think maybe he should work on his pass catching skills. Have them shoot fastballs to Delanie everyday in practice to catch using those ball throwing machines.

i do not want him even if he is cheap.. we need a upgrade in my opinion esp if vernon is going to pull this invisible man trick like he has done this year
Originally posted by IowaNiner16:
One big question going into 2013. Is there someone that can be our explosive TE2 via draft or free agency. I'd hate to draft a kid we've got to wait 3 years for when Delanie is a capable TE2. A bunch wanted Fleener this year, he's gonna take time. Delanie does a lot of good things.

He's also 6 f**king feet tall and can't catch the ball when he was originally drafted as a WR. I care f**k all about his blocking at this point, being a midget backup offensive lineman isn't going to get it done. The 49ers need to bring in a big, tall, physical receiving threat at TE and there's a few to choose from in the draft who
match that description.
[ Edited by Phoenix49ers on Dec 6, 2012 at 8:30 PM ]