LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 335 users in the forums

Is there any 49er that is more over-rated than Delanie Walker?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Originally posted by teylo31:
heres another reason. he is probably the best 2nd tight end in the league and probably even better than some starters.

This is the exact kind of b******t that I was talking about. What team would a 6 foot tall TE with questionable hands be starting on? Also, a better 2nd TE than guys like Aaron Hernandez, Jeremy Shockey....hell even Jeff King of Arizona?
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
This is the exact kind of b******t that I was talking about. What team would a 6 foot tall TE with questionable hands be starting on? Also, a better 2nd TE than guys like Aaron Hernandez, Jeremy Shockey....hell even Jeff King of Arizona?

you named 3 te out of 32 teams
Originally posted by Ninerjohn:
Yes. Michael Crabtree is far more overrated than Walker.

this
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran

you named 3 te out of 32 teams

Lol Jeff King is a scrub idk why he listed him
Id easily take Delanie over Shockey
  • SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb
heres another reason. he is probably the best 2nd tight end in the league and probably even better than some starters.

Man get Hernandez out of your brain
He was targeted 3 times as much as the standard #2 tight end in the league.
113 targets 79 catches 7 tds

Out of the other top 15 #2 tight ends in the league
Average targets 40
Average catches 25
Average touchdowns 2.4

Shockey had 62 targets 37 catches 4 tds
Jeff King had 34 targets 27 catches 3 tds

6'-7" Kellen Davis 34 targets 18 catches 5 tds
6'-5" Zach Miller 44 targets 25 catches 0 tds
These two lead their teams in receiving at tight end

Walker 35 targets 19 catches 3 tds

Walker was right on pare with any number two tight end in the league
Not bad for a 6'-0" Div II wide receiver drafted in the 6th round
Terrible post. That is all.
I think people are under the impression that Jerry Rice is just a draft pick away, yet the NFL has changed, teams are going to bigger, more physical receivers and having a 6'5"....6'6" TE is a huge asset but for some reason they're comfortable with the shortest tight-end in football. This team with a guy like Fleener or Green on the field at the same time as VD is a big plus for Alex who throws the ball high anyways, so why not give him a tall tight-end to go and get those lobs, not to mention the headache it creates for the defense. Defend VD and another very big, tall, physical TE? Good luck with that.

A VD/Fleener combination would be the best tight-end combination in football, the team could run out of the 2 TE formation basically all of the time then. What that does is makes the whole WR situation less crucial, as long as you have one good WR opposite Crabtree, you're fine and Fleener and VD both have experiencing playing WR as well.

At first I didn't agree but you are right. Delaine Walker sucks. He is short and doesn't get alot of passes thrown to him because he is short as opposed to our other reciever/TE who caught a bunch of passes. It doesn't matter that he broke his face, a 6'6 TE would be able to bounce right back from that. I think we should try and sign Bear Pascoe again he is big and he won a superbowl ring.
Originally posted by 9erfan4life:

Average targets 40
Average catches 25
Average touchdowns 2.4

This always makes me laugh when people bring it up, its like putting up mediocre performances and not making a reception for 6 or 7 games straight when you play 50%+ of the teams offensive stats is justified because he was picked late in the draft...really?
Originally posted by redpops:
At first I didn't agree but you are right. Delaine Walker sucks. He is short and doesn't get alot of passes thrown to him because he is short as opposed to our other reciever/TE who caught a bunch of passes. It doesn't matter that he broke his face, a 6'6 TE would be able to bounce right back from that. I think we should try and sign Bear Pascoe again he is big and he won a superbowl ring.

He broke his face and he made just as many receptions while he was out with an injury as he had made the 7 games prior, that alone should be a sign when a guy plays over 50% of your offensive snaps.

• SoCold
  • Hall of Dumb

Average targets 40
Average catches 25
Average touchdowns 2.4

This always makes me laugh when people bring it up, its like putting up mediocre performances and not making a reception for 6 or 7 games straight when you play 50%+ of the teams offensive stats is justified because he was picked late in the draft...really?

He was a late pick up that turned out pretty good that's what that statement means.
So in turn how do you consider a guy like that over rated.

Come at me bro

OK it was 4 games not 6-7 he missed one game from a seperate minor injury i believe and the game before that was 6 for 69 yards.
Kyle Williams?
ever seen gronk or those panthers TE's return a kickoff for a TD?
didnt think so

Average targets 40
Average catches 25
Average touchdowns 2.4

He was a late pick up that turned out pretty good that's what that statement means.
So in turn how do you consider a guy like that over rated.

Come at me bro

get him out of the league, hes barely taller than that piece of equipment
I'm on the DW bandwagon. We'll see how overrated he is by mid season. Go DW & da nin-ners! in 2012.
Share 49ersWebzone