There are 127 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

Kaepernick believes he can seriously challenge for starting job this year

Originally posted by SundayTicket:
does anyone else just getting that feeling that you dont like this guy?? I just dont like him i dont know why.. i wanna draft a different QB.. the way he acts,talks,throws. those 3 things.. im just overrrr it. I feel like hes talking likes he already won us fans over or something in his interviews... nahhh you got a long way to go for that kid, just like jim harbaugh said when he was compared to bill walsh "you cant even compare me to bill walsh right now "

49ersalltheway = SundayTicket (alias)
Originally posted by SundayTicket:
im not trying to compare anybodys skill to anybody.. David Carr went #1 overall in the nfl draft, obviousley he had talents people thought were worth that pick.. Kaep went 2nd round.. im not saying whose better than who because obviousley carr sucks... but im saying obviousley you cannot lable anyone the future of the franchise when they havent proven crap.. Alex smith was #1 overall.. was said to have a amazing atheltic ability, and btw his "brains" and "smarts" in school/football were labled better than kaep's and now half the fan base lables him a game manager/bust.... dont count your chickens before they hatch.

Whoa there on the bold. The main thing most didn't give up on him was primarily due to his brains and smarts, not his "amazing athletic ability." He has limitations in that amazing part.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by JustaFan45:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Or Nate Davis....Or Troy Smith.......Or David Carr......49ers fans have a long-standing tradition of freaking out and promoting moves strictly based on emotion, not logic. :)
If Harbaugh didn't want Smith back he would of been added to the list as well. That's what we have with Kaepernick he was drafted by Harbaugh.

Oh, the irony. Smith has the talent to play the QB position and since Harbaugh sponsored him, all hopes were high for Smith prior to the start of 2011 Game 1.

However, Kaep has even more ability than Alex AND sponsored by Harbaugh, yet...he could be a bust???


ability to do what? Run fast and throw far? Maiocco has already said Kaepernick still throws everything like a fastball, and he's not going to play until he learns to put some touch on the ball and throw at different speeds. JC you are always rooting against Alex dude, you are more transparent than a sliding glass door.
Originally posted by jason330i:
if kap can seriously challenge alex than maybe its time we dump alex and go all in for peyton!


Yeah, let's dump the guy who had a career year at 27 for a 37 year old near-cripple with nerve damage to his throwing arm.





Only on the Webzone.......................
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by JustaFan45:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Or Nate Davis....Or Troy Smith.......Or David Carr......49ers fans have a long-standing tradition of freaking out and promoting moves strictly based on emotion, not logic. :)
If Harbaugh didn't want Smith back he would of been added to the list as well. That's what we have with Kaepernick he was drafted by Harbaugh.

Oh, the irony. Smith has the talent to play the QB position and since Harbaugh sponsored him, all hopes were high for Smith prior to the start of 2011 Game 1.

However, Kaep has even more ability than Alex AND sponsored by Harbaugh, yet...he could be a bust???


ability to do what? Run fast and throw far? Maiocco has already said Kaepernick still throws everything like a fastball, and he's not going to play until he learns to put some touch on the ball and throw at different speeds. JC you are always rooting against Alex dude, you are more transparent than a sliding glass door.

The double-standard that is Alex Smith. Alex had this same problem. I just think ANYONE who has supported Alex Smith in hope for the better during his 7 years would be the LAST people to dismiss a QB with the talent and brains Kaep has.

My point, if Harbaugh can have success with a QB in Alex Smith (average throwing ability and above average speed) what makes people skeptical that he can't have more success with a QB like Kaep (elite throwing ability and elite speed)?
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by SundayTicket:
im not trying to compare anybodys skill to anybody.. David Carr went #1 overall in the nfl draft, obviousley he had talents people thought were worth that pick.. Kaep went 2nd round.. im not saying whose better than who because obviousley carr sucks... but im saying obviousley you cannot lable anyone the future of the franchise when they havent proven crap.. Alex smith was #1 overall.. was said to have a amazing atheltic ability, and btw his "brains" and "smarts" in school/football were labled better than kaep's and now half the fan base lables him a game manager/bust.... dont count your chickens before they hatch.

Whoa there on the bold. The main thing most didn't give up on him was primarily due to his brains and smarts, not his "amazing athletic ability." He has limitations in that amazing part.


Not really. He runs a 4.7 which is pretty good for a QB, ran for a bunch of yards in college similar to how Kaep did, had a good arm(even better before Rocky Bernard raped his shoulder), and he is pretty tough and can take a beating and still come out on the other side of it dude.
Originally posted by Joecool:
Oh, the irony. Smith has the talent to play the QB position and since Harbaugh sponsored him, all hopes were high for Smith prior to the start of 2011 Game 1.

However, Kaep has even more ability than Alex AND sponsored by Harbaugh, yet...he could be a bust???
Well you know Harbaugh is only capable of helping Smith.
Originally posted by Joecool:
The double-standard that is Alex Smith. Alex had this same problem. I just think ANYONE who has supported Alex Smith in hope for the better during his 7 years would be the LAST people to dismiss a QB with the talent and brains Kaep has.

My point, if Harbaugh can have success with a QB in Alex Smith (average throwing ability and above average speed) what makes people skeptical that he can't have more success with a QB like Kaep (elite throwing ability and elite speed)?

nobodys saying Kaep wont have sucess... at least im not.. but im also not saying he will because you have nothing to go off of. NFL/College level are completely different, especially from a Nevada school Pistol offense...
Originally posted by Joecool:
The double-standard that is Alex Smith. Alex had this same problem. I just think ANYONE who has supported Alex Smith in hope for the better during his 7 years would be the LAST people to dismiss a QB with the talent and brains Kaep has.

My point, if Harbaugh can have success with a QB in Alex Smith (average throwing ability and above average speed) what makes people skeptical that he can't have more success with a QB like Kaep (elite throwing ability and elite speed)?

Nobody's dismissing anything, what people are saying is that while Kaepernick MIGHT be a great QB someday, TODAY, he's still pretty damn raw and it would probably be of great benefit to him to sit for another year or so to become better accustomed to the pro game so that as a result he DOESN'T turn into Alex Smith.



Kapish?
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
Originally posted by Joecool:
Originally posted by JustaFan45:
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Or Nate Davis....Or Troy Smith.......Or David Carr......49ers fans have a long-standing tradition of freaking out and promoting moves strictly based on emotion, not logic. :)
If Harbaugh didn't want Smith back he would of been added to the list as well. That's what we have with Kaepernick he was drafted by Harbaugh.

Oh, the irony. Smith has the talent to play the QB position and since Harbaugh sponsored him, all hopes were high for Smith prior to the start of 2011 Game 1.

However, Kaep has even more ability than Alex AND sponsored by Harbaugh, yet...he could be a bust???


ability to do what? Run fast and throw far? Maiocco has already said Kaepernick still throws everything like a fastball, and he's not going to play until he learns to put some touch on the ball and throw at different speeds. JC you are always rooting against Alex dude, you are more transparent than a sliding glass door.

The double-standard that is Alex Smith. Alex had this same problem. I just think ANYONE who has supported Alex Smith in hope for the better during his 7 years would be the LAST people to dismiss a QB with the talent and brains Kaep has.

My point, if Harbaugh can have success with a QB in Alex Smith (average throwing ability and above average speed) what makes people skeptical that he can't have more success with a QB like Kaep (elite throwing ability and elite speed)?


They aren't the same players. Alex never had the problem with the throwing motion that IMO Kaep does, and and he had better footwork. I'm not rooting against Kaep so much as I'm rooting for Alex, because I want to see how good he can get since we waited this long and he just kicked NO's ass in the playoffs, and put up the same amount of points vs NY that NE and Tom Brady did. He did that with Kyle Williams and Brett Swain as his 2nd and 3rd WRs. I don't see why we need to be jizzing ourselves over a 2nd year 2nd round pick who hasn't done anything in the NFL. Nothing against Kaep I just think Alex is a lot better than him right now.
  • hott
  • Veteran
  • Posts: 65
What was Kaepernick supposed to say?

"O yea' A'lex be da man. He doit all! I ain't even gon try! Why wen I can sit n get paid and not get hit?"
Originally posted by WillistheWall:
They aren't the same players. Alex never had the problem with the throwing motion that IMO Kaep does, and and he had better footwork. I'm not rooting against Kaep so much as I'm rooting for Alex, because I want to see how good he can get since we waited this long and he just kicked NO's ass in the playoffs, and put up the same amount of points vs NY that NE and Tom Brady did. He did that with Kyle Williams and Brett Swain as his 2nd and 3rd WRs. I don't see why we need to be jizzing ourselves over a 2nd year 2nd round pick who hasn't done anything in the NFL. Nothing against Kaep I just think Alex is a lot better than him right now.

People are ridiculous with the over-the-top criticism of Alex right now. The Giants basically shutdown the Packers and Patriots offenses, teams with MUCH better receivers than the 49ers had yet Alex is the guy who gets picked on because he couldn't turn Brett Swain into Jerry Rice. Greg Jennings and Jordy Nelson did jack s**t against the Giants and those guys are far better than any of the 49ers wide receivers, but yes, it was all Alex's fault.
Originally posted by hott:
What was Kaepernick supposed to say?

"O yea' A'lex be da man. He doit all! I ain't even gon try! Why wen I can sit n get paid and not get hit?"

that's racist as all hell.
Originally posted by Phoenix49ers:
Nobody's dismissing anything, what people are saying is that while Kaepernick MIGHT be a great QB someday, TODAY, he's still pretty damn raw and it would probably be of great benefit to him to sit for another year or so to become better accustomed to the pro game so that as a result he DOESN'T turn into Alex Smith.



Kapish?
Nobody's dismissing anything? Do you believe Nate Davis or Troy Smith will be great QBs someday? Then why are these guys in the discussion?
Good. Competition will make everyone better.