LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 153 users in the forums

Kaepernick believes he can seriously challenge for starting job this year

Shop Find 49ers gear online
No duh he wants to be starter. Anybody who wants to stay a second stringer should be cut & replaced with someone who actually gives a sh*t.
he might get his chance.........
I hope he wins the job
If Smith signs I don't think there is an open competition for the job this year. Perhaps next year but that's not a given.
What's Kap supposed to say? "I can't compete for the job this....?"

If Kap actually said he knew he couldn't compete for the job this year I'd release him....that's loser talk.
[ Edited by bzborow1 on Mar 19, 2012 at 11:14 AM ]
Turn overs can kill a team and if Colin takes over we can expect alot of them. Alex is no Peyton but at least he's smart with football. And with another year in the system he can convert some of those FG into TDs!!
Originally posted by Ninerfan81:
Turn overs can kill a team and if Colin takes over we can expect alot of them. Alex is no Peyton but at least he's smart with football. And with another year in the system he can convert some of those FG into TDs!!

But by that token, we can't hope to have a better turnover ratio than we did last year. And we have a tougher schedule. Alex will need to be BETTER than last year to produce the same results. None of us know if that's a possibility.
  • gage
  • Veteran
Originally posted by djfullshred:
No duh he wants to be starter. Anybody who wants to stay a second stringer should be cut & replaced with someone who actually gives a sh*t.

Well I for one am ready to see him duke it out in TC. I'd like to see what be can do and I am sure Harbaugh feels the same way. Go Niners!!
Originally posted by gage:
Originally posted by djfullshred:

Whew! Dodged one there for sure..

Originally posted by Ninerfan81:

Here we go yet again with the generalization of young QBs.

YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW KAEPERNICK WILL PLAY, SO STOP ACTING LIKE YOU DO.

If Harbaugh tells Kaepernick - or any other QB - not to take ANY risks, I'm pretty sure they can handle holding onto the ball too long, resulting in a sack, or throwing the ball at Gore's feet or way over Crabtree's head just as well as Alex did it last year.

If Harbaugh wants to take chances and possibly put up more TDs by doing what every other team with a GOOD QB does, then yes, we will probably end up with more INTs. But that would be the case with Alex as well if Harbaugh told him to do more with the ball.
Share 49ersWebzone