There are 85 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

So who is Overrated now?

Originally posted by SundayTicket:
Originally posted by BrianGO:
The non-conversions consisted of two sacks, a Hail Mary, a bad spot, and a dropped pass; so its not like he was getting much help, yet he was still able to OVERCOME it. He missed some throws, but it's not like he was throwing the ball at their feet.
He also completed an unbelievable 19yrd 4th down pass to keep his team in the game till the final second.

Outplayed? 1 out of 13? Outplayed by that???

honestly, if anyone said that about Alex Smith itd be called "alexcuses" "he didnt get help from teamates" ahh excuses, he made 1 good play on 4th down tho! "excuses" etc etc...

and 1 out of 13? You should go back and look how many first downs the current superbowl MVP had in the second half as well then.

6 out of 12 is a 50% conversion ratio, which is good. You don't need excuses when you are good, you only need them when you are bad.
There are no "Bradyscuses" because Brady had a 50% conversion ratio, DESPITE the fact that he had to deal with adversity.
[ Edited by BrianGO on Feb 7, 2012 at 6:51 AM ]
The non-conversions consisted of two sacks, a Hail Mary, a bad spot, and a dropped pass; so its not like he was getting much help, yet he was still able to OVERCOME it. He missed some throws, but it's not like he was throwing the ball at their feet.
He also completed an unbelievable 19yrd 4th down pass to keep his team in the game till the final second.

honestly, if anyone said that about Alex Smith itd be called "alexcuses" "he didnt get help from teamates" ahh excuses, he made 1 good play on 4th down tho! "excuses" etc etc...

and 1 out of 13? You should go back and look how many first downs the current superbowl MVP had in the second half as well then.

6 out of 12 is a 50% conversion ratio, which is good. You don't need excuses when you are good, you only need them when you are bad.
There are no "Bradyscuses" because Brady had a 50% conversion ratio, DESPITE the fact that he had to deal with adversity.

Since i guess you didnt look it was 1 first down for the NYG in the second half.. And like Bill belicheck says, first downs yards dont matter all i care about is points.. he says the same thing about his defense.. i dont care about how many yards they give up just no points... Is it alex's fault he had a 80 yard pass play? i mean sheesh everyone asks for big plays from alex and then he gives you 1 and now you find a new reason, oh well wheres the first downs? well a 80 yard pass play could be considered 8 first downs if you wanna get technical.. id rather have a 80 yard TD play than a 3 1st downs from my own 10 to my own 40 and then have to punt the ball away, wouldnt you??
Last week people were calling for our offenses head because we couldnt put up more "points" and that the game shouldnt of come down to a fumble lossed by our PR kyle williams.. Everyone said defense played lights out our offense was to blame...

Well boys and girls the great Tom Brady and his so called "Elite" offense only put up 17 points just like we did and looked WORSE than our offense in my opinion. No one could say that the giants D was just playing that much better because it was OUR offense playing against them, now its New england's offense that couldnt do it. What do you have to say about it now? Obviousley the giants D was playing just as good against our team and we performed IMO better than the NE offense..

Im tired of everyone calling for the QB's head.. Gosh love if we had more than 1 "decent" wr on this team id have wet dreams on where this team could go.. When they were covering Cruz in the slot double team, NIcks couldnt get seperation, Eli still had Manningham perform in CLUTCH and make outstanding catches with hard placed passes.. OUR WR's could watch last nights game and learn a thing or two and say wow, even the superbowl 2 time winner and 3 time superbowl winner are looking worse than the QB i have on my team right now... this was our year, and easily should have been.. im not worried about any of these QB's or there teams in future, we may lose but we definitly should have chances at superbowls year after year if our team stays intact and we get some WR's.. Now, onto the Offseason!

put in short.. we lost our game 20-17, New england lost theres 21-17 and they had supposevly the best offense along with NO,GB.. just a ranked #32 Defense so your offense had better be good.

Brady completed 16 passes in a row. How can you possibly say he looked worse than Alex Smith?

Come on man
Originally posted by qnnhan7:
Last night's game proved that defense can take away your best playmakers, it's the others that need to step up. Especially when there are injuries. Cruz and Nicks were quiet. Manningham stepped up. A good qb make the passes to give his receivers a good chance to make a play on the ball. The rest is up to the receivers to adjust, fight for the ball, hang on, make the catch. Brady's pass to a wide open Wes Welker was high to the outside. Far from a perfect pass but it gave Welker a chance to make a play on the ball, Welker could/should have made the catch.

Would be Alexcuses for Alex Smith.

Nicks was quiet? He had 10 catches for 109 yards..

Comical

Who cares how many 1st downs he had. He won the game and drove 88 yards in 3 minutes..

Since i guess you didnt look it was 1 first down for the NYG in the second half.. And like Bill belicheck says, first downs yards dont matter all i care about is points.. he says the same thing about his defense.. i dont care about how many yards they give up just no points... Is it alex's fault he had a 80 yard pass play? i mean sheesh everyone asks for big plays from alex and then he gives you 1 and now you find a new reason, oh well wheres the first downs? well a 80 yard pass play could be considered 8 first downs if you wanna get technical.. id rather have a 80 yard TD play than a 3 1st downs from my own 10 to my own 40 and then have to punt the ball away, wouldnt you??

Your saying the Giants had only 1 first down in the 2nd half of the superbowl?

I can count 3 first downs on the last drive
Search Podcast Draft Forum Commentary News Shop Home