LISTEN: Are The 49ers Showing Their Hand? →

There are 233 users in the forums

So who is Overrated now?

Shop Find 49ers gear online
Last week people were calling for our offenses head because we couldnt put up more "points" and that the game shouldnt of come down to a fumble lossed by our PR kyle williams.. Everyone said defense played lights out our offense was to blame...

Well boys and girls the great Tom Brady and his so called "Elite" offense only put up 17 points just like we did and looked WORSE than our offense in my opinion. No one could say that the giants D was just playing that much better because it was OUR offense playing against them, now its New england's offense that couldnt do it. What do you have to say about it now? Obviousley the giants D was playing just as good against our team and we performed IMO better than the NE offense..

Im tired of everyone calling for the QB's head.. Gosh love if we had more than 1 "decent" wr on this team id have wet dreams on where this team could go.. When they were covering Cruz in the slot double team, NIcks couldnt get seperation, Eli still had Manningham perform in CLUTCH and make outstanding catches with hard placed passes.. OUR WR's could watch last nights game and learn a thing or two and say wow, even the superbowl 2 time winner and 3 time superbowl winner are looking worse than the QB i have on my team right now... this was our year, and easily should have been.. im not worried about any of these QB's or there teams in future, we may lose but we definitly should have chances at superbowls year after year if our team stays intact and we get some WR's.. Now, onto the Offseason!

put in short.. we lost our game 20-17, New england lost theres 21-17 and they had supposevly the best offense along with NO,GB.. just a ranked #32 Defense so your offense had better be good.
just about anyone whos good is overrated, when something gets talked about way too much, it gets overrated
didn't read, lol
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
didn't read, lol

ive noticed you say that in alot of threads that contain more than 5 sentences.. is that what your 15k posts consist of? you needa do more reading
Originally posted by SundayTicket:
didn't read, lol

ive noticed you say that in alot of threads that contain more than 5 sentences.. is that what your 15k posts consist of? you needa do more reading

The entire team played well enough to beat the Giants - except Kyle Williams.
Originally posted by 49erRider:

then thats not the entire team
^^ that

i think were 1 #1 or big bodied WR from becoming a dominate team

He choked twice at crucial times and I had heard he had similiar failures in college. I'm not going to blame the entire loss on Williams but I'm not sure I want a guy with a history of choking in big games on my team. Nothing personal.

Originally posted by 49ersalldaway126:
^^ that

i think were 1 #1 or big bodied WR from becoming a dominate team

That and a stud guard to help secure the right side.
Originally posted by crabman82:

then thats not the entire team

Fine, let me rephrase.

Everybody, except Kyle Williams, played well enough to beat the Giants.

That includes Crabtree with his one catch for 4 yards, Rogers allowing Cruz to do whatever he wanted in the first half, Alex not taking any sort of chances and allowing the receivers an opportunity to make a play, etc... Even with all that, they still would have won if Kyle Williams didn't gift-wrap the game.
[ Edited by 49erRider on Feb 6, 2012 at 8:40 AM ]
  • MuggD
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SundayTicket:
didn't read, lol

Last night's game proved that defense can take away your best playmakers, it's the others that need to step up. Especially when there are injuries. Cruz and Nicks were quiet. Manningham stepped up. A good qb make the passes to give his receivers a good chance to make a play on the ball. The rest is up to the receivers to adjust, fight for the ball, hang on, make the catch. Brady's pass to a wide open Wes Welker was high to the outside. Far from a perfect pass but it gave Welker a chance to make a play on the ball, Welker could/should have made the catch.

Would be Alexcuses for Alex Smith.
[ Edited by qnnhan7 on Feb 6, 2012 at 8:51 AM ]
I wonder how the Pats with a lame secondary contained victor Cruz while rogers got torched.
Share 49ersWebzone