There are 76 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

NFL approves 200 Million of funding for Santa Clara stadium

Originally posted by Marvin49:
Nope. The stick is between water and a big hill.

They could go to the naval shipyard not far, but that has almost ZERO road access....so then you have to build all the roads as well and then its surrounded by water on 3 sides.

The naval shipyard is a Superfund site and its cleanup is dependent on funding from the US government. Guess what is in short supply right now, funding from the US government.
Raider fan in their MB said this lulz

The design should be a giant pirate ship we are looking for gold. Thus both teams are happy.
Originally posted by okdkid:
Jed York is a pimp.

Hell yeah!
I still think the Raiders are gonna get in on this.
  • NONAME
  • Veteran
Originally posted by susweel:

Not happening! We got the money with no stipulations about sharing! We have no incentive to share!

Raiders now should be confident that if they get a plan going they also can get that 200mill
Now the York's don't have to pay any money at all for the most part considering the 850 SC loan, this one, and all the real cash coming from the SBLs..except no actual hard core fans will be able to afford to go except in the nosebleeds, what a scam.

Everyone of my friends in section LE33 and all the friends of a good friend who sit in section16 are not renewing or getting tix, they say f&&k the $30k BS plus $325 per seat, per game..I mean I'm talking EVERYONE of them. Ya it might be sold out, all corporate and resellers in the lower bowl except for endzone..

They can put this stadium where the sun don't shine...
Thank you nationally televised MNF lol
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:
Now the York's don't have to pay any money at all for the most part considering the 850 SC loan, this one, and all the real cash coming from the SBLs..except no actual hard core fans will be able to afford to go except in the nosebleeds, what a scam.

Everyone of my friends in section LE33 and all the friends of a good friend who sit in section16 are not renewing or getting tix, they say f&&k the $30k BS plus $325 per seat, per game..I mean I'm talking EVERYONE of them. Ya it might be sold out, all corporate and resellers in the lower bowl except for endzone..

Haha what?!

These are loans. That means the Yorks have to pay them back. That's how loans work. Nobody else is on the hook. Just the Yorks.

And by your logic, every business loan that has ever been repaid has been bogus since the business repaid with revenues it earned from customers. WTF kind of logic is that?

That's how business loans work. The company takes on debt to help put it in a better position to earn more money. It then repays that debt with said revenues.

This has been your introduction to business.
Originally posted by okdkid:
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:

Haha what?!

These are loans. That means the Yorks have to pay them back. That's how loans work. Nobody else is on the hook. Just the Yorks.

And by your logic, every business loan that has ever been repaid has been bogus since the business repaid with revenues it earned from customers. WTF kind of logic is that?

That's how business loans work. The company takes on debt to help put it in a better position to earn more money. It then repays that debt with said revenues.

This has been your introduction to business.
Jed says, yes, the Niners are on the hook, IF, SC doesn't pay, the NFL threw the money in, so no payback there according to him, maybe you should read the interview with him, the links on the index of this site. So, you going to pony up the $20-$30-$60k per seat SBL or you waiting for an Upper Reserve for maybe $5k each, don't know yet, but after seeing what they are doing with the first 9000 seats I expect to go like that.. Oh wait, we are supposed to just shrug it off and paste it up to..what the market will bear and it's just the cost of things these days...BS
Look at the jobs this is going to create. Oh thats right no one is concerned about jobs. A great influx of money is a good thing and its money that real people are going to get. Lots of blue collar jobs building this thing. I think this is a win, win, win deal. Plus I hate the liberals in SF love to see them eat s%%t.
Originally posted by NONAME:
Originally posted by susweel:

Not happening! We got the money with no stipulations about sharing! We have no incentive to share!

Raiders now should be confident that if they get a plan going they also can get that 200mill

Not exactly. I've heard York say that a deal with "another NFL team" would require that team to reimburse the 49ers for a share of the costs they sank into the election and stadium design/prep work to date. That's all the incentive the York's need . . . and that's not a slam.
  • NONAME
  • Veteran
Originally posted by SonocoNinerFan:
Not exactly. I've heard York say that a deal with "another NFL team" would require that team to reimburse the 49ers for a share of the costs they sank into the election and stadium design/prep work to date. That's all the incentive the York's need . . . and that's not a slam.

I don't see it happening! Raiders have a 200 million dollar intensive now to build there own stadium! Why rent from the 49ers?
Promoted Baalke to GM, got us Harbaugh and got the funding for a new stadium. Jed accomplished more in 2 years than his father did in a decade. He gets a huge thumbs up from me.
  • NONAME
  • Veteran
Originally posted by Hopper:
Promoted Baalke to GM, got us Harbaugh and got the funding for a new stadium. Jed accomplished more in 2 years than his father did in a decade. He gets a huge thumbs up from me.

This! Jed has really been a bright spot in the past decade for us
I live in San Francisco--nothing wrong with a stadium in Santa Clara--it is still the SF Bay area----few teams have their stadiums right in the city these days.