There are 297 users in the forums

What's Worse: Kyle Williams '12 NFCC Fumble(s) or Roger Craigs in '90

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What's Worse: Kyle Williams '12 NFCC Fumble(s) or Roger Craigs in '90

Originally posted by solidg2000:
Fumbling away a chance at a super bowl after 9 years of bottom feeding
Is way worse then
Fumbling away a chance at a super bowl after a decade of dominating

Agree 100%. In those years fans knew we would be back the next year or in the next 5 years or so anyway. Who knows when we get this chance again? NFC Championship game at home. Packers lost. We were winning the game at home. Had a real chance to go to the Bowl after a decade of pure suck. 1 and only 1 guy absolutey tanked our season. Just horrific what he did. Unreal. I still can't believe. Not 1 but 2 fumbles in key moments at the end giving them short fields and easy scores.
Freakin kids with fresh butt hurt dominating this poll..... The Roger Craig fumble was worse.

- This year we exceeded expectations even with the loss in the NFCC
- We had the game locked up in 1990, just burning clock.
- chance for an unprecedented three-peat. If you think going to the Super Bowl after 9 years of suckage is tough, just think about everything that has to go right to WIN IT TWICE and then have a chance to go AGAIN!
- Montana went down, it would have been a chance for Steve Young to get the Lombardi hoisting monkey off his back earlier in his career.
  • Hopper
  • Veteran
Williams. Letting a ball bounce off your knee and then acting like it didn't happen is unacceptable.
  • VDSF
  • Veteran
Originally posted by GuessWhosOn3rd:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Williams, since i didn't watch the Craig fumble happen and i was 3 years old.

+1

And Williams f**ked up twice..not once

Wouldn't it be 3 times? Remember on that reverse that Gore handed to Williams and he fumbled but luckily recovered
Originally posted by niners_guy:
Freakin kids with fresh butt hurt dominating this poll..... The Roger Craig fumble was worse.

- chance for an unprecedented three-peat. If you think going to the Super Bowl after 9 years of suckage is tough, just think about everything that has to go right to WIN IT TWICE and then have a chance to go AGAIN!
- Montana went down, it would have been a chance for Steve Young to get the Lombardi hoisting monkey off his back earlier in his career.

Sorry oldy!
Kyle WIlliams cuz it was most recent

END THREAD
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:

Sorry oldy!

Whipper snapper.... (What does than mean anyway? Sounds kind of dirty.)
i am surprised by the results so far. guess we do have a lot of young fans.

craig's was worse.

but KW still needs to be fired.
kw is by far worse for me. i was allready so upset joe got broke in half a part of me wanted steve to fail. as ive said before ...it took me 10 years to even forgive the 9ers. i missed the whole young era and to this day dont like to see his face. seeing the cheifs beat the 49ers was one of my football highlights. i came back when garica came around. any one else wonder what steve bonos been up too? lol. i loved that he followed joe.
I voted Craig is the worse. Alot of the people are too young to understand what happened there. The 49ers were 2 minutes 40 seconds away from going to their THIRD STRAIGHT SUPERBOWL!!!!!! Nobody has ever won 3 superbowls consecutive EVER in the NFL. If there were a team to do it, it was the 49ers.

Originally posted by Humboldt9er:
kw is by far worse for me. i was allready so upset joe got broke in half a part of me wanted steve to fail. as ive said before ...it took me 10 years to even forgive the 9ers. i missed the whole young era and to this day dont like to see his face. seeing the cheifs beat the 49ers was one of my football highlights. i came back when garica came around. any one else wonder what steve bonos been up too? lol. i loved that he followed joe.

wtf?

Can you believe 22 years late the same f king sh t happend again? I know we would have beat Buffalo that year. Coach Walsh would have had a great game plan for Steve.

I actually give the 90 Giants way more credit. They beat the 49ers. In 2012 49ers were playing themselves. They beat themselves. People harp on the 2 fumbles which they should, but what about two 2 collision gauranteed interceptions. Both balls were headed for the hands of defender until Dashon screwed it up. TWICE!!! ugh.
[ Edited by 305Niner on Feb 1, 2012 at 11:53 AM ]
craig by a longshot, had we won that game that gives us a 3peat for sure. do you know what that have done for our legacy? oh my goodness
2 young 2 remember the 1st one i have 2 say this one............DAMN IT STILL HURTS I CANT STAND THIS WEEK WHATSOVER

The Craig fumble IMO. Niners were the best team in football that year, and fell short of expectations. They had the game almost wrapped up when the fumble happened. This years Niners exceeded all expectations. They survived the second half of the game with great defense, but totally ineffective offense. The loss sucked big time, but was not as shocking to me as the last time against the Giants.
Share 49ersWebzone