There are 201 users in the forums

What's Worse: Kyle Williams '12 NFCC Fumble(s) or Roger Craigs in '90

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What's Worse: Kyle Williams '12 NFCC Fumble(s) or Roger Craigs in '90

And if I was Bill Walsh and you dumped on Roger Craig....I would fire you. And he did.

He spoke often about "Catfish." He made sure everyone understood what we had.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
But the first one by Williams our defense should have been able to keep them out of the endzone.

The injury to Brown hurt us on that one.
  • Jcool
  • Veteran
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
The Niners offense was 1-13 on 3rd down and had a whole bunch of 3 and outs before Williams fumbled in OT

Craig just had to run the clock out

49ers defense was playing lights out... Giants couldn't move the ball to save their lives. We had all the momentum in OT when Williams fumbled.
Originally posted by WeAreLegend:
Ok so remove Craig from the 49ers.

He doesn't exist.

How many Superbowls do you clowns who have no idea of what you're talking about actually have ?

We wouldn't have been close. That era was the best in history, with Marino's Dolphins, Taylor's Giants, Emmit's Cowboys, and SO MANY OTHERS.

All of a sudden this third string receiver muffs two punts after the Niners have been nowhere in a decade and are close, and Craig did a worse job for us?!

Yup. Glad you don't work in my company. I would fire you.
Wow you have alot of anger. But just for the sake of making sense, you mean that Craig is the only reason we made it without him we had no chance Jerry Rice, Joe Montana, Charles Haley, Ronnie Lott, Eric Wright not a single one of them had a single thing to do with us making it there?
Originally posted by Jcool:
The injury to Brown hurt us on that one.

Yeah so lets blame Goldson now lol
Wow you have alot of anger. But just for the sake of making sense, you mean that Craig is the only reason we made it without him we had no chance Jerry Rice, Joe Montana, Charles Haley, Ronnie Lott, Eric Wright not a single one of them had a single thing to do with us making it there?

No you're right. Thank God we've had kyle williams.

Craig was a no name who would have been nothing without Montana.

Yeah, you bet.
Yep you know the more I listen to you people the more I wish we never had Roger Craig on our team.

What a loser.

Craig.

Pfft.
Yup. Dang where has my head been.

Just think where we could have been all this time if we had Kyle Williams INSTEAD of Roger Craig.

12 more superbowls at least.

Glad to assist

Do you think the stupid people are done yet?

Just looking for feedback.

LOL
Croig simply because we were expected to steamroll through the playoffs, starting the season 10-0.
Originally posted by JerryRice1848:
Croig simply because we were expected to steamroll through the playoffs, starting the season 10-0.

Croig ?

Yup, Walsh is proud of you.

I say Williams and here's why:

We suffered through a decade of futility and were arguably the worst, or at least most dysfunctional team, for several of those years including last year. We were downright incompetent and embarrassing. Then we have a magical, resurgent year including the crazy finish against NO. We were the team of destiny. We had the NFCCG at home against a beatable team. We're up late in the game with 11 minutes to go. Williams commits the most egregious PR error in NFL history when we were dominating defensively (yeah they converted a 3rd and 15 but it was against Brock and clearly a fluke as they did nothing before or after that in the 2nd half to make us think otherwise) and had everything on our side as far as possession, time left, momentum, etc. Then he fumbles AGAIN in OT to end the ride. Our formula of great D and ST, conservative O, and no mistakes was going to send us on a miracle ride to the SB if not for one moron's asinine mistakes. Williams fumbled directly contributed to 10 points. The Giants didn't make it past midfield the entire 2nd half (ok, they got to 48 on last possession of 4th) on their own doing.

Craig's fumble, while horrific and 3-peat ending, may have ended the 1980s team but didn't stop the Niners run; we were great before and great after. While we can't predict the future for this team, we had an amazing opportunity to go all the way in which seemingly all the stars aligned; in other words, we really have no idea when we can expect to be in this situation again, whereas after Craig's fumble we still had arguably the most complete team in the league, making 4 NFC CGs and winning a SB in the next 8 years. Will this team return and be competitive again? I hope so, and the great D and awesome Harbaugh (who has a long history of quick and sustained success at every level of coaching) make it easier for me to believe, but there are no guarantees.

Lastly, lets just compare the fumbles themselves.

Williams had 2. Craig had 1. Both of Williams fumbles came on idiotic plays, the first of which was the stupidest and worst PR error of all time where he committed two egregious mistakes (running towards a bouncing ball, then not recovering it and instead playing it cool when you know damn well the NFL has instant f**king replay); the 2nd fumble happened on a karate chop to the bicep when he was carrying the ball loosely in 2 hands. Craig's fumble happened on a perfect helmet to ball tackle, which many (including those involved in the play) have admitted nothing could have been done to prevent.
Originally posted by WeAreLegend:
Croig ?

Yup, Walsh is proud of you.

Share 49ersWebzone