There are 209 users in the forums

What's Worse: Kyle Williams '12 NFCC Fumble(s) or Roger Craigs in '90

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What's Worse: Kyle Williams '12 NFCC Fumble(s) or Roger Craigs in '90

Originally posted by LoneWolf:

Ok sorry man I just had to do it.

Agree with the post above very clearly outlining why its Williams. No hate on him though, he's given his best for us no doubt.
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame
I would say Craig, it was pretty much in the bag for a 3-peat all he had to do was hang on to the damn ball. This year, I wasn't expecting the NFC Championship, just happy we made it that far.
Originally posted by Kolohe:
I would say Craig, it was pretty much in the bag for a 3-peat all he had to do was hang on to the damn ball. This year, I wasn't expecting the NFC Championship, just happy we made it that far.

i wouldnt call it in the bag, montana got hurt and the 1990 bills were one of the best teams of all time, easily the best of their 4 sb teams
So fumbling a game that you might win being that there is 11 minutes on the clock is worse then fumbling a game away that you have in the bag in the closing minutes of the game?
So fumbling a game that you might win being that there is 11 minutes on the clock is worse then fumbling a game away that you have in the bag in the closing minutes of the game?

its a combo of 2 things, lots of youngsters on this board who may not remember the 1990 game, and for those that do remember it 2 decades have passed while the KW wound is still fresh
Originally posted by crabman82:
its a combo of 2 things, lots of youngsters on this board who may not remember the 1990 game, and for those that do remember it 2 decades have passed while the KW wound is still fresh

Oh I understand that part totally it was my second post on this thread.

All in all, this really just comes down to the new wound hurts more then a healed scar.
Craig's fumble was the worst play in franchise history. One of the worst days of my life and I was only 8. That was our 3 peat. We would of had six rings. The game was won. Punk a55 Kyle Williams choked like a b*tch, but the game was not won.
Originally posted by sacniner:
Craig's fumble was the worst play in franchise history. One of the worst days of my life and I was only 8. That was our 3 peat. We would of had six rings. The game was won. Punk a55 Kyle Williams choked like a b*tch, but the game was not won.

exactly, the moment was too big for kyle, but your right the game was not won, the 1990 game, ugh, i can still hear summeralls voice, there will be no 3 peat
  • Kolohe
  • Hall of Fame

i wouldnt call it in the bag, montana got hurt and the 1990 bills were one of the best teams of all time, easily the best of their 4 sb teams

I think you underestimate our 1990 team who was 8th in points on offense, 2nd in total offense, 2nd in points on defense and the #3 overall defense. I have no doubt we would've been the first to win a 3-peat.

I think you underestimate our 1990 team who was 8th in points on offense, 2nd in total offense, 2nd in points on defense and the #3 overall defense. I have no doubt we would've been the first to win a 3-peat.

we woulda had a very good shot, just not under selling the 1990 bills, they were fantastic, i'm still amazed the bills and niners played in 7 straight super bowls, but never against each other

Originally posted by GuessWhosOn3rd:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Williams, since i didn't watch the Craig fumble happen and i was 3 years old.

+1

And Williams f**ked up twice..not once
three times bud. Everyone seems to forget his fumble of the end around, lucky he was able to fall on that one..

Williams was worse because in OT close to FG range already...at least the gints had to go 60yrs to get in FG range in 90..but that was amongst the very worst as well, remember it like it was yesterday. Was sitting close enough to se the ball come out.. i HATE Bavaro, he almost single handedly made all the plays to get them in range.. so much easier to talk about this on that frickin Willimas.. No woories, a FA WR and draft a good one, and he is gone..........
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:

+1

three times bud. Everyone seems to forget his fumble of the end around, lucky iupati was able to strip the ball from the defender..

Williams was worse because in OT close to FG range already...at least the gints had to go 60yrs to get in FG range in 90..but that was amongst the very worst as well, remember it like it was yesterday. Was sitting close enough to se the ball come out.. i HATE Bavaro, he almost single handedly made all the plays to get them in range.. so much easier to talk about this on that frickin Willimas.. No woories, a FA WR and draft a good one, and he is gone..........

fixed
we woulda had a very good shot, just not under selling the 1990 bills, they were fantastic, i'm still amazed the bills and niners played in 7 straight super bowls, but never against each other

People forget what a decade long historic slugout that was lol.

I just know there isn't a player on any of those teams dishing Craig from then until they die. Craig was one of the key greats among many, on our team and others, that may never be seen again all at once.

This cough up this year might not have been as epic, but it was cinderella destruction. Not good.
Fumbling away a chance at a super bowl after 9 years of bottom feeding
Is way worse then
Fumbling away a chance at a super bowl after a decade of dominating
Originally posted by Bali-Niner:

+1

three times bud. Everyone seems to forget his fumble of the end around, lucky iupati was able to strip the ball from the defender..

fixed

Didn't see that, thanks man.. I was flippin out in front of my stream immediately..small favors from large men..
[ Edited by Bali-Niner on Feb 1, 2012 at 1:07 AM ]
Share 49ersWebzone