LISTEN: Final 49ers 7-Round Mock Draft With Steph Sanchez →

There are 249 users in the forums

What's Worse: Kyle Williams '12 NFCC Fumble(s) or Roger Craigs in '90

Shop Find 49ers gear online

What's Worse: Kyle Williams '12 NFCC Fumble(s) or Roger Craigs in '90

Originally posted by GuessWhosOn3rd:
Originally posted by DaDivaRecieva15:
Williams, since i didn't watch the Craig fumble happen and i was 3 years old.

+1

And Williams f**ked up twice..not once

So did Craig. Peeps forget he fumbled TWICE in that game. Bubba Paris recovered the first time tho.
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
The KW fumble(s) are worse because an entire generation has not seen winning niner football and they had a chance to something special. The Craig fumble was awful also because we had a chance to win 3 super bowls. However that niner team and those fans back then were spoiled with winning and took it for granted.
  • mod
  • Veteran
Craigs was worse... but I wasnt there to feel the pain so my vote goes to williams
Originally posted by susweel:
The KW fumble(s) are worse because an entire generation has not seen winning niner football and they had a chance to something special. The Craig fumble was awful also because we had a chance to win 3 super bowls. However that niner team and those fans back then were spoiled with winning and took it for granted.

Wow Im only 29 and that makes me feel old. This new generation though that your speaking of is also the generation that's bitterness for not winning has made traveling to the Stick a dangerous option of any fans of opposing teams. I dont remember very many police roaming the stick because of cruel treatment towards other fans in the 80's or even the 90's
Willaims is far worse IMO. He didn't do it once. He did it twice. Single handedly blew up our Super Bowl run.....
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by LoneWolf:
Originally posted by susweel:

Wow Im only 29 and that makes me feel old. This new generation though that your speaking of is also the generation that's bitterness for not winning has made traveling to the Stick a dangerous option of any fans of opposing teams. I dont remember very many police roaming the stick because of cruel treatment towards other fans in the 80's or even the 90's

Im 34 and I also feel the same. I remember that Craig fumble I was in high school at the time.
Kyle b/c had we beat the Giant's Joe Montana wasn't going to play the SB d/t all his injuries...it would have been Steve Young and he wasn't ready yet. But you can make a huge three-peat argument so flip a coin. They both suck azz!
Originally posted by NCommand:
Kyle b/c had we beat the Giant's Joe Montana wasn't going to play the SB d/t all his injuries...it would have been Steve Young and he wasn't ready yet. But you can make a huge three-peat argument so flip a coin. They both suck azz!

Young was better than Hosteler and he won the SB!!!!

Craigs fumble marked the end of our dynasty in some ways
  • fryet
  • Veteran
Having lived through both, I think the KW fumble is worse. Joe Montana was injured in the game, and if the 49ers have won, they would have limped into the Super Bowl with a backup QB starting (sure Steve Young was a good backup, but at that point he wasn't ready to start a playoff game). Most likely they would have lost. This year, if the 49ers had made it to the Super Bowl, they had at least a 50% chance of winning (I wonder who would have been favored?).
Originally posted by blizzuntz:
Young was better than Hosteler and he won the SB!!!!

Craigs fumble marked the end of our dynasty in some ways

And personally I believe this Championship marked the beginning of a new one.

Children give it up already he fumbled and now its spilled milk stop crying get over it and get the sand out ya clit and move on
  • susweel
  • Hall of Nepal
Originally posted by NYnumb1ninerfan:
Children give it up already he fumbled and now its spilled milk stop crying get over it and get the sand out ya clit and move on

GTFO
Originally posted by fryet:
Having lived through both, I think the KW fumble is worse. Joe Montana was injured in the game, and if the 49ers have won, they would have limped into the Super Bowl with a backup QB starting (sure Steve Young was a good backup, but at that point he wasn't ready to start a playoff game). Most likely they would have lost. This year, if the 49ers had made it to the Super Bowl, they had at least a 50% chance of winning (I wonder who would have been favored?).

Having been through both, I gotta vote Craig. That team was good enough to win with an injured Montana or Young as a young back up.

KW's isnt that bad to me because of all the other glaring offensive mistakes with 3rd downs and using the 3rd string RB, and IMO the 90 team had a better chance in the hypothetical superbowl than this current team did against the Pats.
Originally posted by NYnumb1ninerfan:

But I wanted that milk
THe fact that 78% of the votes are coming in on Kyle Williams just shows the age of this forum.

The correct answer is Craigs fumble, and its not even close.
Share 49ersWebzone