There are 359 users in the forums

Remember
Not a member? Register Now!

If we can only keep 2...

If we can only keep 2...

Originally posted by crabman82:
anything involving alex will quickly turn into a whos an alex guy and whos not debate

Just answer me this, why wouldn't you want him back? I will always support him after everything he has been through. He played like a Pro-Bowler this year, better then Roethlisberger, Dalton, Flacco, Ryan, and you want to let him walk? He is not going to want anything close to what you guys think, he will be back, and the Niners will be back to the postseason. And when we do get back, I hope everyone that said" Oh lets see what CK has", jumps off the bandwagon and goes and likes another team. Alex Smith will be here, and he will be even better next year. He has improved every year of his career, with this year showing the most improvement, with NO Receiving help. You'll see..
Originally posted by 49ersRealist:
Originally posted by crabman82:
anything involving alex will quickly turn into a whos an alex guy and whos not debate

Just answer me this, why wouldn't you want him back? I will always support him after everything he has been through. He played like a Pro-Bowler this year, better then Roethlisberger, Dalton, Flacco, Ryan, and you want to let him walk? He is not going to want anything close to what you guys think, he will be back, and the Niners will be back to the postseason. And when we do get back, I hope everyone that said" Oh lets see what CK has", jumps off the bandwagon and goes and likes another team. Alex Smith will be here, and he will be even better next year. He has improved every year of his career, with this year showing the most improvement, with NO Receiving help. You'll see..

i'm an alex smith guy, and always have been, i cant answer for those who dont want him but i do know a lot of them made up their minds before this season
Alex Smith and Goldson. Carlos Rogers had a great year and he's a good player, but we have people in the wings who can play.

Kaepernick is not ready and the drop off in quality between Alex/Kap versus Brown+Rogers/Brown+Culliver isn't as big.
Bottom line:

If there EVER was a time to move on from Smith it was before the 2011 season started.

We kept on with Smith and got surprising results. I think he is owed a second year at the very minimum.

The Giants defense in my opinion coupled with our injuries was just too much for us offensively. I predict 25 TDs, under 10 INTs, and 3,500 yards passing next year if all goes right with new receivers and the first offseason of continuity.
Originally posted by JTsBiggestFan:
Bottom line:

If there EVER was a time to move on from Smith it was before the 2011 season started.

We kept on with Smith and got surprising results. I think he is owed a second year at the very minimum.

The Giants defense in my opinion coupled with our injuries was just too much for us offensively. I predict 25 TDs, under 10 INTs, and 3,500 yards passing next year if all goes right with new receivers and the first offseason of continuity.

not really true, with the lockout and all it made sense to bring him back, even the alex haters acknowledged he was almost exclusively cus of the lockout and lack of preperation time
Originally posted by 12b6demurrer:
Alex Smith and Goldson. Carlos Rogers had a great year and he's a good player, but we have people in the wings who can play.

Kaepernick is not ready and the drop off in quality between Alex/Kap versus Brown+Rogers/Brown+Culliver isn't as big.
this
Originally posted by niners4lyfe:
wow, poeple would rather keep a DB and S over a QB that led them to a 13-3 record?

While 65% want to keep Alex, I admit, 35% wanting to let him walk seems idiotic. Then again, if you were to confirm that about one-third of this board is illogical, unable to analyze and clearly assess things, or to be blunt -- often times downright retarded, I would say I think that sounds about right.
[ Edited by OnTheClock on Jan 30, 2012 at 4:16 PM ]
Originally posted by sincalfaithful:
Originally posted by 12b6demurrer:

this

yup.
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by 49ersRealist:
GOD YOU GUYS ARE SO ST****!!!! You want to let your starting QB who got us 13 wins, 6 COMEBACK VICTORIES, Beat the Saints on his own in the 4th, Led the 49ers to fewest turnovers in NFL HISTORY go so you can have a flanky, 2nd year backup with no experience play? Just cause your excited to see him, this is why people laugh at Niners fans, your ridiculous. Now that we lost, your hopping off the Alex Bandwagon and want Collin Kapernot. Ridiculous man, its saddening to see so many people that know nothing about football.

I like this post.

Alex and Goldson for sure
I think Kaep or Rex grossman can get 17 tds...
  • ImaMod
  • Veteran
Originally posted by CRABTREE:
I think Kaep or Rex grossman can get 17 tds...

Ya, and 34 INTs
Not bashing Alex. I just don't see him long term for the future. The question is if we only keep 2. I would rather keep the D dominant. I also see all 3 starting for the team next year, but i am just answering the question.
I picked SMith/Goldson but I think all 3 will be back next year.
carlos and alex
Originally posted by D_Niner:
If we can only keep 2, who stays?

Dude, I think you have the wrong three guys to choose from. There's no way on earth the 49ers are letting either of these guys go anywhere. Goldston will be offered a longterm deal, and if he refuses he WILL get franchised. Rogers has already stated that he wanted to be back, even at a discounted rate (see the Bleacher Report). And you'd have to be smoking fat blunts to think Alex won't re-sign with the 49ers.

The real choice should be as follows:
Larry Grant
Ahmad Brooks
Ted Ginn
Blake Costanzo

If you had to pick three who would it be?